Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Cowboys predictions
(09-14-2022, 09:02 PM)pally Wrote: 27-17 Bengals

Trey Hendrickson feasts on the Dallas line

Whoa, looks like an obvious mismatch for Trey.

Makes me feel much more confident in my prediction. Get a bunch of sack/fumbles Trey...

Give our Offense a lot of short fields to work with so our OL can really start to gel, and Burrow doesn't have near as much
pressure on him to make those big plays in the passing game. Learn the dink and dunk style in this new Offense to where 
we don't JUST have to rely on explosive plays. I think if we do this and be way less predictable, I still think what I said can
happen and this Offense with Burrow and our guys could break records, the good kind.
Reply/Quote
2011 Bengals may remember 3rd string TJ Yates of Houston beating us. Last year people might remember unknown backup QB Mike White putting up over 400 passing yards and Jets beating us. In fact, this loss became huge at end of season and it almost could have kept Bengals out of play-offs, but Bengals beat Mahomes and Chiefs.

So I would love to say Prescott is out so Bengals win easy. I just posted today that it should help Bengals chances of winning. But hold the phone, because I have seen way too many back-up quarterbacks beat the Bengals over the years. Then Bengals come back and say they didn't have any film on him and didn't know how to prepare the defense, which is a pretty lame excuse.

I have no idea who Dallas back-up is other than they call him, " The Silent Killer ". I just hope Bengals don't make this guy look like TJ Yates or Mike White coming in looking like the best NFL QB's ever heading to the Hall of Fame. Bengals need to show up and take care of business. I think it could be what happens in Chess a lot. Never under estimate your opponent. In Chess if you think somebody is bad and you try to beat them in 3 moves, you probably will lose. I just remember the GREAT AFC Champ Bengals got clobbered by some back-up named Mike White in his first game ever.

So Bengals need to take care of business. This Dallas QB. These back-ups that have beat Bengals. They remind me of Joe Nuxhall talking pitchers hitting, " If you swing the bat, you are dangerous ". When these back-ups throw the ball, they are dangerous. MIKE WHITE proved that last year. The current Bengals should have learned this lesson. If he hits Lamb and others and Elliott gains some yards, it could be last years Jets game all over again.

So GO BENGALS and don't let your guard down as you have in past with back-up QB's. Saying you didn't have any game film on them to prepare makes a lousy post game losing speech by the coaches. Do not over play Elliott. Play this back-up as if he is Mahomes or Brady, do not let your guard down as you did Jets Mike White last year. For some odd reason the Bengals left the Jets pass catchers so wide open that a high school QB could have beat them. Cover Lamb and these others and force this back-up to play real NFL Football. Do that, and Bengals should Win.
'
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't have a prediction.

But, it would be really nice if you all could beat the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Cowboys 20
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have a lot of confidence in the defense and in Burrow.
The O line will play much better, Burrow will not be rusty and the defense will look even better (even against an unknown QB).

Bengals - 27
Cowboys - 10
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 01:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Last year people might remember unknown backup QB Mike White putting up over 400 passing yards and Jets beating us...

... I just hope Bengals don't make this guy look like TJ Yates or Mike White coming in looking like the best NFL QB's ever heading to the Hall of Fame.  Bengals need to show up and take care of business... 

... I just remember the GREAT AFC Champ Bengals got clobbered by some back-up named Mike White in his first game ever... 

... When these back-ups throw the ball, they are dangerous.  MIKE WHITE proved that last year.  The current Bengals should have learned this lesson...

... Play this back-up as if he is Mahomes or Brady, do not let your guard down as you did Jets Mike White last year.

Love it. You and I both know who'll be under center at MetLife next week haha. Can't wait.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 01:00 PM)tms Wrote: Love it. You and I both know who'll be under center at MetLife next week haha. Can't wait.

I just hope Bengals don't make mistake they do against so many other back-up QB's.  They must over play the run or some mistake like that.  COVER those pass catchers.  Force the back-up not to see open pass catchers. Only give him tight windows. Then get in on him, do not give the back-up all day to hunt and look for somebody open.  This does not mean let Elliott run wild for 200 yards.  This means play the Bengals Defense straight up as normal. Do not under estimate the Dallas back up QB as Bengals coaches have done in past letting back-up QB's burn the wrong coverage all day long. I am NOT saying Mike White is a great QB for Jets, just saying Bengals made him look like a HALL Of Fame QB last year, so don't make same mistake Sunday at Dallas with this back-up to Prescott.

GO BENGALS and get to 1-1,  not 0-2.   
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, looks like an obvious mismatch for Trey.

Makes me feel much more confident in my prediction. Get a bunch of sack/fumbles Trey...

Give our Offense a lot of short fields to work with so our OL can really start to gel, and Burrow doesn't have near as much
pressure on him to make those big plays in the passing game. Learn the dink and dunk style in this new Offense to where 
we don't JUST have to rely on explosive plays. I think if we do this and be way less predictable, I still think what I said can
happen and this Offense with Burrow and our guys could break records, the good kind.

Great...

You just seconded it. That will trigger the KoD.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great...

You just seconded it. That will trigger the KoD.

A fan pointing out an obvious mismatch shouldn't be the kiss of death Rfaulk lol
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 02:57 PM)kevin Wrote: I just hope Bengals don't make mistake they do against so many other back-up QB's.  They must over play the run or some mistake like that.  COVER those pass catchers.  Force the back-up not to see open pass catchers. Only give him tight windows.  Then get in on him, do not give the back-up all day to hunt and look for somebody open.  This does not mean let Elliott run wild for 200 yards.  This means play the Bengals Defense straight up as normal. Do not under estimate the Dallas back up QB as Bengals coaches have done in past letting back-up QB's burn the wrong coverage all day long. I am NOT saying Mike White is a great QB for Jets, just saying Bengals made him look like a HALL Of Fame QB last year, so don't make same mistake Sunday at Dallas with this back-up to Prescott.

GO BENGALS and get to 1-1,  not 0-2.   

Nah I hear ya, it's all good. I just laugh because Mike White is living rent-free in all our heads. It's never just "White," either- it's always his full name like Freddy Kruger. We still can't get over what he did to us. He should put "Mike White!" on the back of his jersey and be done with it haha
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 03:28 PM)tms Wrote: Nah I hear ya, it's all good. I just laugh because Mike White is living rent-free in all our heads. It's never just "White," either- it's always his full name like Freddy Kruger. We still can't get over what he did to us. He should put "Mike White!" on the back of his jersey and be done with it haha

The infamous Mike White lol   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 01:06 AM)kevin Wrote: 2011 Bengals may remember 3rd string TJ Yates of Houston beating us.   Last year people might remember unknown backup QB Mike White putting up over 400 passing yards and Jets beating us. In fact, this loss became huge at end of season and it almost could have kept Bengals out of play-offs, but Bengals beat Mahomes and Chiefs.  

So I would love to say Prescott is out so Bengals win easy.  I just posted today that it should help Bengals chances of winning.  But hold the phone, because I have seen way too many back-up quarterbacks beat the Bengals over the years. Then Bengals come back and say they didn't have any film on him and didn't know how to prepare the defense, which is a pretty lame excuse.

I have no idea who Dallas back-up is other than they call him, " The Silent Killer ".   I just hope Bengals don't make this guy look like TJ Yates or Mike White coming in looking like the best NFL QB's ever heading to the Hall of Fame.  Bengals need to show up and take care of business.  I think it could be what happens in Chess a lot.  Never under estimate your opponent.  In Chess if you think somebody is bad and you try to beat them in 3 moves, you probably will lose.  I just remember the GREAT AFC Champ Bengals got clobbered by some back-up named Mike White in his first game ever.  

So Bengals need to take care of business.  This Dallas QB.  These back-ups that have beat Bengals.  They remind me of Joe Nuxhall talking pitchers hitting, " If you swing the bat, you are dangerous ". When these back-ups throw the ball, they are dangerous.  MIKE WHITE proved that last year.  The current Bengals should have learned this lesson.  If he hits Lamb and others and Elliott gains some yards, it could be last years Jets game all over again.  

So GO BENGALS and don't let your guard down as you have in past with back-up QB's.  Saying you didn't have any game film on them to prepare makes a lousy post game losing speech by the coaches.  Do not over play Elliott.  Play this back-up as if he is Mahomes or Brady, do not let your guard down as you did Jets Mike White last year.  For some odd reason the Bengals left the Jets pass catchers so wide open that a high school QB could have beat them.  Cover Lamb and these others and force this back-up to play real NFL Football.  Do that, and Bengals should Win.
'

Yes thanks for saving me the to post this exact info. Bengals seem to ALWAYS struggle VS no name QBs.   There was that other guy "Mullens?" on SF years ago too that torched them. Lets hope they show up this week to take care of biz like we all know that they can. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 03:42 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yes thanks for saving me the to post this exact info. Bengals seem to ALWAYS struggle VS no name QBs.   There was that other guy "Mullens?" on SF years ago too that torched them. Lets hope they show up this week to take care of biz like we all know that they can. 

These types of trends seem to be going away as of late. Let's hope this one is a thing of the past as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A fan pointing out an obvious mismatch shouldn't be the kiss of death Rfaulk lol

If i had a nickle for every time fans have pointed out something like that, then watched the KoD come to life, then posted about it afterward...i'd have a lot of nickles. Mellow

Just sayin, Nate. If he goes sackless again and doesn't disrupt the game, it's on you man.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 03:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If i had a nickle for every time fans have pointed out something like that, then watched the KoD come to life, then posted about it afterward...i'd have a lot of nickles. Mellow

Just sayin, Nate. If he goes sackless again and doesn't disrupt the game, it's on you man.  Cool

Okay, if that happens, I will take the blame. Cool I think he has a good game at the very least.
Reply/Quote
No score, but Bengals win.

Strange prediction: Someone other than Chase leads in receiving yards.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 10:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You don’t punt on 2nd. You either call the quick kick on first down, because they won’t expect it and field position is all that matters. Or..

You punt on 3rd in case of a bad snap.

I don’t have a good feeling about Sunday. I see Cowboys in a close one, 24-20.

The Bengals are who I THOUGHT THEY WERE.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Okay, if that happens, I will take the blame. Cool I think he has a good game at the very least.

Not sure why people are upset with Zac when it was clearly Nates fault.  Ninja
Reply/Quote