Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bengals Cut The Cord On Nelson
REG-GIE!!
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We really should try to keep Reggie.  I have this nightmare where he goes to the Steelers or Ravens mad.  Not good for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 09:01 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: rep for all who mentioned keeping Reggie.   Rock On

Dangit I thought you was saying that we had kept him.

I think I'm on board with the bring Reggie back and let Iloka play around with a linebacker/safety role so then Williams is still getting playing time, but we can keep one of our biggest play makers in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:09 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Dangit I thought you was saying that we had kept him.

I think I'm on board with the bring Reggie back and let Iloka play around with a linebacker/safety role so then Williams is still getting playing time, but we can keep one of our biggest play makers in the secondary.

4 teams are bidding for weddle.  As soon as he decides on a team Reggie will fall into place.  He won't be unsigned past mid week.  But why would a team pass on the best safety first?
Reply/Quote
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Reggie's last foray into FA lead to him re-signing after about a week on the market?

I'm hoping we see a similar situation here, where he sees that his offers are similar to ours and thus comes back home.
Reply/Quote
C'mon Bengals get the deal done.
Reply/Quote
Couple things here:

Mutual interest may be declining after the initial offer didn't materialize
Reggie is hearing the market
Bengals never seriously considered both safeties coming back
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: in his limited time Shawn williams has not been nice to big ben either

might be lenght of contract issue too... we might only be willing to offer 2 years he might want more

The sad thing is, Nelson might be baited in to a 3 or 4 year deal elsewhere and he will never see past year 2 of his deal, if that.  Here, as we saw with Leon Hall, the Bengals rarely terminate the contract of a player they sign prematurely.

If the Bengals sign him for two years, at least he would know they would most likely honor those two years.  I hope whatever greedy, %-grubbing agent he has doesn't misrepresent that.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 08:21 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Saw something were we did send an offer to him, but apparently it wasnt good enough.

I believe it was a 2 year deal with a lot less money than he thought he deserved.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Weddle to the Ravens a nice (and savvy) get by their Front Office.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/report-eric-weddle-will-sign-with-the-ravens/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 01:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Reggie's last foray into FA lead to him re-signing after about a week on the market?

Yep.

I remember a thread started by one of the regular complainers (maybe neek?) about how Nelson was gone to the Jets.  He did visit the Jets, but that was all.

But he was not playing as well as he did last year.

And safety is a position like O-line where the best guys can play for along time.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Weddle to the Ravens a nice (and savvy) get by their Front Office.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/report-eric-weddle-will-sign-with-the-ravens/

Short term fix overall for a very weak secondary though. 
Reply/Quote
They tend to do good with old vets. Who know Steve Smith would give us fits when he signed with them. Def short term fix, but free's up the draft for them some.

Reply/Quote
Ok, bring the man back now!!
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 06:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Ok, bring the man back now!!

Agreed.

Weddle's contract set the parameters.

Offer Reggie something similar.
Reply/Quote
Can't believe we are being so cold to Nelson. Our prized trade. It's got to be the injury lingering. We're already on to the Simms of the roster. I guess it's really over for him as a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
Can't they please just get this done?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Can't believe we are being so cold to Nelson. Our prized trade. It's got to be the injury lingering. We're already on to the Simms of the roster. I guess it's really over for him as a Bengal.

I'm sure you are like me and in the back of your mind hope that the FO comes to and signs the guy for a contract they both see as reasonable. I can't see how having Reggie on the roster (for reasonably cheap 1-2 year deal) hurts the team. I get it tho, the good teams cut players right before they hit that wall. Is that wall coming with Reggie? I'm not sure.

The injury really has played a role in this I think as teams probably can't work him out as they may have wanted to. I'm sure teams wanted to see how fast his straight speed is these days, and now they have no idea. It could be a blessing in disguise if we get him back.

Hopefully no ill will towards us if nothing gets done. Reggie is one of my favorite players and I would hate to see him anywhere else. Here is to hoping things work out. Cheers
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he changes his mind and asks for the bengals offer back. Love reggie, and would like to see him in stripes for another couple years
Reply/Quote
Reggie is kyrptonite to the Steelers. I don't know how we don't bring him back.
Reply/Quote