Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bengals Cut The Cord On Nelson
We need Nelson, he really contributed last year and still has a lot left in the tank. the Bengals are playing dollar games with him because Im sure he wants a bigger payday then the Bengals are willing to pay. If he doesn't get a lot of interest elsewhere we should get him on the cheap.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:04 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I saw this on rotoworld...

"Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Bengals are not interested in re-signing free agent S Reggie Nelson.

With 2013 third-round pick Shawn Williams ready for a bigger role and George Iloka locked up to a long-term deal, the Bengals appear comfortable letting Nelson walk. Nelson will turn 33 in September, but he showed no signs of decline while leading the league in interceptions last season. Robinson reports the Vikings and Bucs are interested. "

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/?ls=roto:nfl:morenewsbottom

About halfway down the page. Can't say I'm crazy about this move he was a nightmare for the Steelers. Shawn Williams looks pretty solid though.

in his limited time Shawn williams has not been nice to big ben either

(03-11-2016, 12:03 PM)GodFather Wrote: We need Nelson, he really contributed last year and still has a lot left in the tank. the Bengals are playing dollar games with him because Im sure he wants a bigger payday then the Bengals are willing to pay. If he doesn't get a lot of interest elsewhere we should get him on the cheap.

might be lenght of contract issue too... we might only be willing to offer 2 years he might want more
Reply/Quote
I'm not giving up on Nelson until he signs. Maybe he's hurt. He should be considered family, hopefully they aren't being too dismissive of him. We are better with him then without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Forgot he had the injury in the final game. Maybe that's why teams are hesitant to take him.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not giving up on Nelson until he signs. Maybe he's hurt. He should be considered family, hopefully they aren't being too dismissive of him. We are better with him then without him.

This
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 09:31 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I caught that you big Seminole fan. you know me Wyche I pull for bengals and uk.  yes my football life is rather painful at times  Ninja

I'm a hearing you!!!! LOL

I'm hoping we get Reggie inked.....like jj, I'm not giving up the ship on him just yet.  I had forgotten about the injury....it could be scaring off some other suitors as folks have mentioned here.  My hope is the offer was turned down because of the length of the deal, and not from being cheap.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 03:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm a hearing you!!!! LOL

I'm hoping we get Reggie inked.....like jj, I'm not giving up the ship on him just yet.  I had forgotten about the injury....it could be scaring off some other suitors as folks have mentioned here.  My hope is the offer was turned down because of the length of the deal, and not from being cheap.

im holding out hope of Reggie also. we could sure use him and his ball hawking. probably my favorite player. come on FO get this man signed 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I refresh every half hour in the hour hoping to see news that we've re-signed him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I'd love if Reggie re signed ... LOVE it and if so, would consider this an AA+ free agency period. But but but, I do believe Williams is ready, and that's why he was drafted. However, I'm concerned about his durability. Seemed like he was always gimping around.

I do hope they'd consider bringing in a guy like Bolden to make it a AAA+ signing period. Seems like he's played the role of hired gun quite well.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Contrary to popular belief 33 isn't really old as anyone 34 and above will testify to..However in dog years he's 231.
I still hope they resign him..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 01:38 PM)grampahol Wrote: Contrary to popular belief 33 isn't really old as anyone 34 and above will testify to..However in dog years he's 231.
I still hope they resign him..

wish I was 33 again Sad I'd love see Reggie back. led the league in almost all season in interception. how can they not resign him? Rant
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm not giving up on Nelson until he signs. Maybe he's hurt. He should be considered family, hopefully they aren't being too dismissive of him. We are better with him then without him.

truth^^^^^^^rep  Clapping

Reply/Quote
I like Reggie and I would like to see him back in stripes, but I can see the Bengals side as well. Instead of investing in an aging safety, they have a young safety in Williams who has flashed potential and they can pick up another safety in the draft. I'm not saying that Williams plus a draft pick would be better than Nelson immediately, but I think the team is looking more long term.
Reply/Quote
Saw something were we did send an offer to him, but apparently it wasnt good enough.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No but seriously, why is Nelson still here? Thought for sure he would be gone by now.

Reply/Quote
Reggie will be 33 at the start of next season. It's time to move on this defense needs to get younger and faster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think everyone is forgetting Derron Smith, he will move into Williams spot as the #3. This kid was a 3 time 1st team all MWC selection and two time Defensive player of the year as a free safety so he has something. And the Bengals liked it. I think he slid to the 6th round because of some kind of injury. But he had 15 Int at Fresno state so I think the ball hawk part is covered.
Reply/Quote
rep for all who mentioned keeping Reggie. Rock On

Reply/Quote
On the around the NFL podcast. Chris wesseling said he only knew of 1 team even looking at Reggie.

Hope we can get him back at a 2 year deal. He is a Bengal
Reply/Quote