Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bengals Cut The Cord On Nelson
(03-09-2016, 08:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They should be able to get both. They only spent $6 million on Iloka. Nelson's suitors are dwindling, and Adam Jones should already be re-signed.

Agree...this is the annoyance with even saying we only have 15 million to begin with...we don't need 3 or 4 million for injury insurance so use that money and what is left of the 15 to bring back both and stop saving millions in unused money each year.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
At least we signed Tate though.

Man hate to see Reggie and MLJ walk. Big holes to fill and good solid character guys as well.

Hopefully there is a way to reel him back as Lap suggested.

If not best of wishes Reggie. You represented us well and was a thorn in the steelers ass. Thank You Sir !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I forgot all about Griffin getting cut by the Titans. I'm guessing he's coming in cheaper than Nelson.

EDIT: According to Lap, the Bengals will look to bring back Nelson if they can't bring Pacman back.

Hobson on the front page said they were still looking to bring him back too.
Reply/Quote
Nelson was a must keep imho.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:22 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Nelson was a must keep imho.

Nelson IS a must keep. I am optimistic at this point that we will get him back. He didn't get selected by Zim, so his confidence has to be low. In a day or two the FO will contact him again with another 2 year contract for less money and lock him up cheap and at a reasonable rate. But then again, maybe I am wrong. But as far as I am concerned if we re-sign Nelson and maybe Hall or Vinny Rey, we will have had a successful Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:10 PM)Trademark Wrote: Of course not....our front office is cheap

Apparently they offered him a 2 year deal and he turned it down. Oh well he's a good player, but he can be replaced.
Reply/Quote
Crossing my fingers here. Reggie is my all-time favorite Gator and Bengal.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think Iloka was the better choice.

He's only 25 and will be entering a third contract at 30. Nelson is turning 33 in the first month of the regular season and probably only has 2 to 3 years left in him.

I will say that safeties age better than just about every position in the NFL outside of special teamers, so if Reggie were to go unsigned for a bit, I could see us throwing him a 2 to 3 year deal at a reasonable price of 2-3 million per year.

That said, signing Nelson to a big money deal would have been like re-signing Andre Smith, even though we have two 2nd year OTs waiting to become starters.

Between Shawn Williams and Derron Smith, we'll be fine.

We still need to re-sign Brandon Williams and, ideally, Vinny Rey and perhaps Pat Sims if the money is right.

Overall, this has been a good free agency period.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:21 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Crossing my fingers here. Reggie is my all-time favorite Gator and Bengal.

That's right....I forgot all about that shit.....kick rocks Reggie....get headed. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.....and I'm not 100% sold on Williams yet either.  He flashed, but will he play consistently well?
big cleats to fill Williams has. Reggie and George are my favorites. 
(03-10-2016, 10:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's right....I forgot all about that shit.....kick rocks Reggie....get headed. Ninja
all these years I like you too wyche  Mooning
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:33 PM)J24 Wrote: Huge failure when you consider we are paying Peko, Rey M,  AJ Hawk, Mike Nugent, and Chris Lewis Harris for 10 million cuttable dollars. 

I'm sure I will catch some heat over this. here goes can we add Dre Kirk to the list?

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:09 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hate to see Reggie leave. He is a iron man.

If the Bengals win the Super Bowl this year, they need to give Reggie a ring.  Loved what this guy has meant to our defense over the years.  Has to go down as the best trade in franchise history.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 10:50 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: big cleats to fill Williams has. Reggie and George are my favorites. 
all these years I like you too wyche  Mooning

LOL....it was a jab at the Gators.....I'm not a fan.....but better than the 'canes. Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....it was a jab at the Gators.....I'm not a fan.....but better than the 'canes. Wink

They all can't be superstars in the NFL like Myron Rolle....
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 06:00 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They all can't be superstars in the NFL like Myron Rolle....

......but Myron is a genius..... Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:23 PM)Crowe Wrote: Apparently they offered him a 2 year deal and he turned it down. Oh well he's a good player, but he can be replaced.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gives us a call in a few weeks if he is not signed.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:22 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Nelson was a must keep imho.

I totally agree, 3 years & say 13-15 million shouldn't be an issue here. Reggie Nelson was our#1 FA priority IMO. Nelson doesn't have the injury history Ioka has. I thought Nelson & Williams did a fine job, but without Nelson, I think the drop off is pretty steep. 

If they don't resign Nelson, then now your faced with drafting high at WR & Saftey? I don't really like that as a Must have plan. For example, maybe say Vonn Bell out of THE Ohio State University, would be a great pick with Nelson signed, rather then picked on necessity, with a still must hit on a WR in the draft as well.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps a generous 1 year contract would be the way to go? Or is that not a thing that either party would want? Nelson has been THE splash play guy for this defense for the last 3 years and it'd be a shame to see him go. Williams has shone promise, but just imagine if him or Iloka miss any time. Yipes!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....it was a jab at the Gators.....I'm not a fan.....but better than the 'canes. Wink

I caught that you big Seminole fan. you know me Wyche I pull for bengals and uk.  yes my football life is rather painful at times  Ninja

Reply/Quote
still no news on Nelson? have feelings we may need his ball hawk abilities.

Reply/Quote