Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-30-2022, 10:25 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would think that Clay Johnston made the team. At least I hope so.  I understand why they went with Kevin but like what other said you can tell he's struggles at times last year towards the end.  

I hope they really take a hard look at that offense line and tight ends from other team cuts.

I hope we pick up at least a couple offensive lineman that we can use to bolster our depth.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:50 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Come on Pryor!!

No dice, he is also cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Nice. I like this news.

Huber was pretty bad last year. I don't see it improving at his age. Especially late in the year when his leg is shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: No dice, he is also cut.

For the life of me I can't understand keeping Mike Thomas over Pryor. Mike Thomas has been atrocious the day he stepped in the NFL, but Zac raves about him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:21 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: For the life of me I can't understand keeping Mike Thomas over Pryor. Mike Thomas has been atrocious the day he stepped in the NFL, but Zac raves about him. 

Special teams. Thomas is a really good gunner. I’m bummed about Pryor though. I thought he might have done enough.

Reply/Quote
I like Huber as much as anyone but he clearly regressed last year. I think it was time to move on. Drue was at worst equal to him in preseason and looked good on holds as well. Take the young guy with room to keep improving over the old guy who looked worse and worse as last season went on.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as I was excited about the potential of Trayveon Williams when he was drafted, he's kinda fallen out of favor with me.
I was lowkey hoping Patrick would have taken RB4 spot.
I think he's more the hammer that we were hoping/expecting Perine to be.

I am surprised somewhat that the team went with Huber over Chrisman. I thought they were close enough that it made sense to go with the long-term youth than the guy who might retire after this season.

Is this Patrick the same Patrick we had on the team 1-2 seasons ago? I just remembered we had one and looked good then sent to PS/released and snatched up.
Reply/Quote
Shelvin being cut was the easiest call ever. He was awful.

This means if Huber is the guy then he will set the record for most games played in a Bengals uniform.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:24 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I like Huber as much as anyone but he clearly regressed last year. I think it was time to move on. Drue was at worst equal to him in preseason and looked good on holds as well. Take the young guy with room to keep improving over the old guy who looked worse and worse as last season went on.

My suspicion is that when two excellent punters were released on Sunday that the Bengals gambled that Chrisman could make it to the practice squad for one more year. They invested so much time bringing his holding skills up to par with Huber that I'm sure they don't want to start over again next year with another punter and holder. If they can stash him on the practice squad they can bring him up if Huber falters or next year. 

It's a gamble. But Chrisman is a local -- grew up a half-hour from Paycor Stadium -- and likely would re-sign for a practice squad position.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:28 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is this Patrick the same Patrick we had on the team 1-2 seasons ago? I just remembered we had one and looked good then sent to PS/released and snatched up.

Yep same dude
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well there were a few other punters released as well so I think the odds of crisman coming back are probably good. I was rooting for Pryor, hope he comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Special teams. Thomas is a really good gunner. I’m bummed about Pryor though. I thought he might have done enough.

(08-30-2022, 11:34 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Well there were a few other punters released as well so I think the odds of crisman coming back are probably good.  I was rooting for Pryor, hope he comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have a source other than AU165 on this?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It is disappointing Pryor did not make the cut. I hope he gets through and comes back to our PS. I think he showed enough a WR needy team like the Packers will grab him. I wish him luck, he looked like a hungry WR in preseason and made some tough catches while being hit.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Will the squeelers snatch up Pryor?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I get that. I understand that. I just think given that Huber's close to retirement and his struggles last year, that a tie would (or should) go to the younger player.

Cincinnati Kid gets 1 more run
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Special teams. Thomas is a really good gunner. I’m bummed about Pryor though. I thought he might have done enough.

Almost like preseason performance is kind of useless for fringe guys isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as I was excited about the potential of Trayveon Williams when he was drafted, he's kinda fallen out of favor with me.

I am a big SEC fan and I was really stoked when we drafted Williams.  I didn't think he would be a big star, but I definitely thought he would be a solid NFL RB.

But he has been injured way too often.  I kind of assumed he would not make the roster this year unless he really stood out in preseason.  I am fine if we keep him, but I would not object to bringing in an upgrade who gets cut from another team.
Reply/Quote
Jeez...I thought Pryor did more than enough to make it to the 53. I guess that's why I'm not a coach.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do we have a source other than AU165 on this?

Cincinnati Bengals Releasing Standout Wide Receiver Kendric Pryor Following Stellar Preseason - Sports Illustrated Cincinnati Bengals News, Analysis and More
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cincinnati Bengals Releasing Standout Wide Receiver Kendric Pryor Following Stellar Preseason - Sports Illustrated Cincinnati Bengals News, Analysis and More

Great, so he wins Preseason MVP and now Sports Illustrated has a whole article on how he was a standout. Way to stay below the radar to get him on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote