Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-30-2022, 05:28 PM)pally Wrote: there are only 5 WRs on the current roster so that is the logical move

congratulations to UDFA Allen George for making the roster.  He wasn't the rookie free agent we thought we would make it be good for him

Speak for yourself:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Gimme-your-53?pid=1237321#pid1237321

Quote:CB1 Chidobe Awuzie/ Allan George/ Try Flowers (3)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

So I feel bad for Kareem who seems to have health issues but at least he is still on team. It also may mean the team can keep George afterall.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

We aren't even talking about WR6. We're talking about a potential WR7.

Morgan and Thomas are guaranteed to make the team for their ST contributions alone.
Taylor is going to make the team since no one unseated him for PR duties.
At least two of them, if not all three, will be active on gamedays for ST.

Would I personally replace Thomas with someone who offers more upside (or any upside) on offense?
Yes.
But I understand that the team wants him for ST.

If you have an injury to the top three Trent can only back up the slot he is not an outside guy so your 6th or 7th guys must be able the play in the outside spots. Would you rather have Morgan or Thomas over Irwin or Pryor as a WR on the outside? I would rather see guys that flashed in preseason catching the ball over guys that have never flashed catching the ball. I know we need ST players but do not hurt your chances at a 4th WR or a guy that can fill in at the outside spots for ST guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
So I feel bad for Kareem who seems to have health issues but at least he is still on team.  It also may mean the team can keep George afterall.

How to Make Someone Excited and then Unexcited for WR Depth - 101
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised at keeping 4 RBs on the roster.
Reply/Quote
Bates has to be activated tomorrow off the exempt list. So with Kareem and CTB going on IR that is either 1 more cut to come or only 1 veteran player returning. The logical move there is WR Mike Thomas.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let me also say I'm surprised Trent Taylor didn't make it. Thought he looked as good as he could possibly look in preseason and thought he would be the punt returner this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If you have an injury to the top three Trent can only back up the slot he is not an outside guy so your 6th or 7th guys must be able the play in the outside spots. Would you rather have Morgan or Thomas over Irwin or Pryor as a WR on the outside? I would rather see guys that flashed in preseason catching the ball over guys that have never flashed catching the ball. I know we need ST players but do not hurt your chances at a 4th WR or a guy that can fill in at the outside spots for ST guys.

I agree with you.
This has always been my stance to have an actual offensive contributor for WR4.
But the Bengals may not see it that way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Let me also say I'm surprised Trent Taylor didn't make it.  Thought he looked as good as he could possibly look in preseason and thought he would be the punt returner this year.

He'd be surprised too

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:44 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Let me also say I'm surprised Trent Taylor didn't make it.  Thought he looked as good as he could possibly look in preseason and thought he would be the punt returner this year.

Trent Taylor made it....Trent Irwin didn't

Reply/Quote

Trent Taylor didn't get cut. Trenton Irwin did
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:46 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Trent Taylor didn't get cut. Trenton Irwin did

Are you sure.. i heard Trent Dilfer made it …
Reply/Quote
WR Mike Thomas is like a bad rash that won't go away!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:48 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Are you sure.. i heard Trent Dilfer made it …

Ok for whatever reason I thought Trent was cut

I should pay closer attention
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Johnston make it for now...... Thomas should be back as the 6th WR..
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Ok for whatever reason I thought Trent was cut

He was..
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:49 PM)corpjet Wrote: WR Mike Thomas is like a bad rash that won't go away!

no he is the player that does many small things that don;t show up in stats or on TV but the coaches know.. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:49 PM)corpjet Wrote: WR Mike Thomas is like a bad rash that won't go away!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:50 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Ok for whatever reason I thought Trent was cut

You got your Trents confused. Not only didn't they cut Trent Taylor it appears they value him over Mike Thomas. Because they cut have done the cut game with him as well

Reply/Quote
Well, Tycen Anderson made it. Which makes me happy. Some speculated he would be cut and put on the practice squad, but he flashed a lot of talent.

Jeff Gunter was a very late pick and he made the cut.

Clay Johnston who had been a hero of the Titans playoff game when he stopped Henry shy on a two-point conversion. He also had originally been a seventh-round pick of the Rams and when cut was picked up the Panthers and then the Bengals got him on a waiver claim, I believe. Great job in pre-season to win a place. A feel-good story.

Someone scared me when they said a couple of pages ago that Trent Taylor had been cut, and he is really dependable on the punt returns. Glad that was cleared up.
Reply/Quote