Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-30-2022, 05:28 PM)pally Wrote: there are only 5 WRs on the current roster so that is the logical move

congratulations to UDFA Allen George for making the roster.  He wasn't the rookie free agent we thought we would make it be good for him

Nice. I wanted George to make it most out of the bubble guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: If you have an injury to the top three Trent can only back up the slot he is not an outside guy so your 6th or 7th guys must be able the play in the outside spots. Would you rather have Morgan or Thomas over Irwin or Pryor as a WR on the outside? I would rather see guys that flashed in preseason catching the ball over guys that have never flashed catching the ball. I know we need ST players but do not hurt your chances at a 4th WR or a guy that can fill in at the outside spots for ST guys.

Morgan and Thomas were pretty good prospects in college and they happened to fit the system perfectly. Also they are really good SP team players.

By the way Thomas has played well when Joe has been at QB  and Morgan gets playing time as a blocking WR. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:40 PM)pally Wrote: Bates has to be activated tomorrow off the exempt list.  So with Kareem and CTB going on IR that is either 1 more cut to come or only 1 veteran player returning.  The logical move there is WR Mike Thomas.

Update: Disregard, sounds like they plan to remove him of exempt list tomorrow. I am pretty sure they said he had two weeks as of the 23rd when he reported but maybe I missed something in that process.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So Mike Thomas was cut? I also hated to see Spence get let go...

(08-30-2022, 05:12 PM)phil413 Wrote: Taylor cut too, but both bad SB backups on right side of OL stay. 

EDIT, SORRY I typed Taylor the first time

Phil413's post threw me off.
Reply/Quote
Will be interesting to see if Domenique Davis gets the practice squad spot over Tyler Shelvin.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only keeping 5 wr if I read it correctly is quite concerning to me. 1 gets hurt and we cant even throw a hail maryWink
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:56 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Nice.  I wanted George to make it most out of the bubble guys.

Same here. Allan George played good all Preseason, he deserved it. Covered and tackled well.

Heard we cut Mike Thomas the WR too so we might be looking to add somebody that was cut off a deep WR roster...
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Morgan and Thomas were pretty good prospects in college and they happened to fit the system perfectly. Also they are really good SP team players.

By the way Thomas has played well when Joe has been at QB  and Morgan gets playing time as a blocking WR. 

Combined for 7 catches for 63 yards with Burrow at the helm last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: no he is the player that does many small things that don;t show up in stats or on TV but the coaches know.. 

But is he?

Other than the random handful of catches he made last season the things that sticks out most for me last season is his unsportsmanlike like conduct penalty.

The CJ Uzomahs of the world are great as "locker room" guys but let's put the best 53 we can on the field, it's not like the WR room needs a ton of coaching, its our strongest position group.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Will be interesting to see if Domenique Davis gets the practice squad spot over Tyler Shelvin.

Shelvin gets pushed around way too much.  He is just not strong at the point of the attack.  I'm not sure that is coachable.   He may be a lost cause.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 05:56 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Nice.  I wanted George to make it most out of the bubble guys.

Yep. You could see it on the field. Covered and tackled well and didn't make mistakes. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:16 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Only keeping 5 wr if I read it correctly is quite concerning to me. 1 gets hurt and we cant even throw a hail maryWink

My interpretation this point is that Chris Evans would be a wide receiver/rb which would explain why they're going with for running backs
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here. Allan George played good all Preseason, he deserved it. Covered and tackled well.

Heard we cut Mike Thomas the WR too so we might be looking to add somebody that was cut off a deep WR roster...

Zac wants him back. Just needs the space to put someone on IR then bring him back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
In regards to Allen. Just because the guy can't go out there and do what Burrow does, doesn't mean he can't see what Burrow sees. He must like the communication he gets from Allen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Like all the moves made except was pulling for Pryor to make the team.

Wanted Justin Rigg as well but knew he was unlikely to stick and not surprised.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Zac wants him back. Just needs the space to put someone on IR then bring him back. 

Meh, I don't understand. I guess he is a good gunner. Would still like a WR that can play Offense lol
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Meh, I don't understand. I guess he is a good gunner. Would still like a WR that can play Offense lol

gotta have guys who can play special teams too. And Mike Thomas gets more ST reps than offensive reps

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would've kept Lassiter or Pryor over Morgan, but what do I know about building a roster. Hopefully both of those guys, and Irwin, will take PS Squad positions.

I noticed we went with 10 on the dline, so I'm betting we do a ton of heavy rotation. Also not thrilled that the official team roster lists us as only having 3 tackles, but 5 guards.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:58 PM)pally Wrote: gotta have guys who can play special teams too. And Mike Thomas gets more ST reps than offensive reps

True, but Stanley Morgan and Trent Taylor also get more ST reps than Offensive reps...

I thought we could keep 1 WR on the backend like Kendrick Pryor to come in as a weapon and insurance.

(08-30-2022, 07:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would've kept Lassiter or Pryor over Morgan,  but what do I know about building a roster.  Hopefully both of those guys, and Irwin, will take PS Squad positions.

I noticed we went with 10 on the dline, so I'm betting we do a ton of heavy rotation.  Also not thrilled that the official team roster lists us as only having 3 tackles, but 5 guards.

Morgan is a great blocker, I understand why they kept him. He has blocked on the Offense and it lead to regular season TD's.

I would just like to have a pass catching WR in case one of our top 3 go down. Morgan nor Thomas are going to scare anyone 
catching the ball on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 06:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Meh, I don't understand. I guess he is a good gunner. Would still like a WR that can play Offense lol

I don't understand it either.  Thomas has been on the Bengals roster the past 2 seasons and has a grand total of 5 tackles.  3 tackles last year and 2 the year before.    I find it hard to believe Thomas is so valuable on special teams that someone couldn't replace his 3 tackles.
Reply/Quote