Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-31-2021, 02:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

This is an interesting point that I had not realized.  So, does that mean once they IR them, they can add three roster spots?  If so, I could see Moss coming back, and possibly a couple cuts from other teams.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is an interesting point that I had not realized.  So, does that mean once they IR them, they can add three roster spots?  If so, I could see Moss coming back, and possibly a couple cuts from other teams.  

My understanding is when they IR a player, they can bring someone up from the PS to replace them. And, now they can bring back multiple players from IR instead of it just being one.   They were saying on Sirius that of the 16 PS spots, 4-6 spots are now reserved for veterans, which now makes sense with the 4 vets we cut yesterday like Daniels, Shreck, etc. 

NFL practice squad salaries: Minimum salary, rules & more to know for 2021 | Sporting News
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Sample was a huge mistake, could have had many options at TE without that wasted high draft pick.

We have already had "Sample Sucks" and "Sample doesn't suck" threads, but I don't understand why you would say this.  Sample, in his first season getting real playing time (injured most of his rookie season) was one of the highest rated blocking TEs (remember how important it is supposed to be to protect Burrow???), and was asked to be more receiving TE after Uzo was injured.

Sample went out and led the team in catch %.  Yes, he had a TD taken from him by a very athletic play by a LB at Jax.  He showed he is a very capable, and versatile TE.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:10 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This is all Simmons.  WRs like Morgan are special teams players so they might play every week vs a K who may never get on the field.  I think it makes sense just because you can always grab a K if yours gets hurt/Covid

Yep, and I think we sometimes forget the third phase of the game.  One team that doesn't is the ratbirds.  Harbaugh was a special teams coach and has a real emphasis on teams and it shows.

If ZT falters in year 3, like they win less than 7 or 8 games and the offense still looks poor, I hope Simmons would be the next HC.  

That being said, it is not what I hope happens.  I sincerely want ZT to succeed and think he has a real shot this year.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He might actually be an improvement on that OL…

This.

I will be called a "hater", but I see Lawrence as a physical freak that was about a 50/50 proposition when his team had equal talent as their opponents.  Lucky for him, that was only about once a year.  He struggled against the LSU defense (Burrow torched the Clemson defense that had three first round picks) and the OSU defense (he ran a lot and that won't cut it in the NFL). 

As far as I am concerned, it will be very interesting to see how he looks when he isn't surrounded be superior talent at virtually every position.  He has joined a team much like the Bengals of 2020.  

I am in the VAST minority that thinks the Texans, which are the epitome of a dumpster fire, beat them at home week 1 where they are a 3 point underdog.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:26 PM)pally Wrote: Zac just said that Adeniji and Hubert are eligible to come back in 6 weeks because they are on the non football injury list not full IR.  And he did confirm an injury to Kareem

Thanks for sharing...I am very puzzled about those injuries and PISSED OFF that Kareem is injured.  Damn!  Make a couple plays, and get injured.  That seems to be the rule for Bengal preseason DEs.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:55 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: In the words of Kareem Abdul Jabbar...hunh?

Laughed too hard at this one....for those that don't get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfDUkR3DOFw&ab_channel=Movieclips
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kareem and Shelvin played very good from what I saw. Not high on Bledsoe at all.

Really want Henderson and Patrick to make the Practice Squad though, Henderson was a ballhawk all Preseason. Was always 
around the ball and making game changing plays. He was just a victim of the numbers game and we aren't cutting Ricardo 
Allen to keep him on the main team. Patrick just needed to catch the ball better, had a bad drop against the Phins that hurt 
him and all of Mixon, Perine and Evans have great hands. This was the diff.

Patrick is a force in short yardage though, a monster. Want him on the PS bad.

Henderson is the new Phillips (Darius).  I will never understand why Wilson is kept over him. Seems like he is a much better option if they go three safeties.  Hope he gets to PS. 

I am with you on Bledsoe.  

As far as Patrick goes, Fred is right that he didn't get much look with this ones (or against the ones) but I loved his balance, and he showed nice hands on his one reception.  I had to double check that it was him that caught it when I saw his number, as the blind announcers (again) gave credit to the wrong guy.

Perine didn't show crap this preseason, but I guess he doesn't have to.  He got his bonus and he is probably just going through the motions until the regular season.  He showed it in actual NFL games last year, and that is why he was signed.  That being said, I really hope Patrick makes it to the PS.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except for that damn 3rd and short on Sunday where he slowed down as he approached the LoS and got stopped forcing a punt that lead to the game winning drive. Rant

Was pretty pissed there.  You had the bigger QB in, just sneak it!  Dumbasses.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is an interesting point that I had not realized.  So, does that mean once they IR them, they can add three roster spots?  If so, I could see Moss coming back, and possibly a couple cuts from other teams.  

Ossai is done for the season.  Adeniji and Hubert are on the non-football injury list which means they are eligible to return in 6 weeks.

Waynes, if his hamstring looks to keep him out a month, and Kareem, unknown injury are potentials for IR which would keep them out 3 games.  If either or both are IRed you could see someone cut yesterday return to the roster.  However, the odds are it would be a defensive player such as Mike Daniels you see returning not Moss.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We have already had "Sample Sucks" and "Sample doesn't suck" threads, but I don't understand why you would say this.  Sample, in his first season getting real playing time (injured most of his rookie season) was one of the highest rated blocking TEs (remember how important it is supposed to be to protect Burrow???), and was asked to be more receiving TE after Uzo was injured.

Sample went out and led the team in catch %.  Yes, he had a TD taken from him by a very athletic play by a LB at Jax.  He showed he is a very capable, and versatile TE.  

The problem now is the coaches don't use him as much as they could in the way that they should.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 10:28 AM)pally Wrote: Ossai is done for the season.  Adeniji and Hubert are on the non-football injury list which means they are eligible to return in 6 weeks.

Waynes, if his hamstring looks to keep him out a month, and Kareem, unknown injury are potentials for IR which would keep them out 3 games.  If either or both are IRed you could see someone cut yesterday return to the roster.  However, the odds are it would be a defensive player such as Mike Daniels you see returning not Moss.

Wouldnt bringing back Daniels put that at 11 D lineman? I think they are set there from what I saw. Id rather bring Henderson or Moss or Patrick  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 11:35 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Wouldnt bringing back Daniels put that at 11 D lineman? I think they are set there from what I saw. Id rather bring Henderson or Moss or Patrick  

not if Kareem is the player going on IR

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 10:28 AM)pally Wrote: Ossai is done for the season.  Adeniji and Hubert are on the non-football injury list which means they are eligible to return in 6 weeks.

I certainly don't disagree.   But if it's me I want Moss and Patrick - or an upgraded O-lineman.    We have greater needs on offense at this point.

I really wish they'd expand the roster #
Reply/Quote

Michael Jordan claimed by Carolina
Austin Seibert claimed by Detroit
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We have already had "Sample Sucks" and "Sample doesn't suck" threads, but I don't understand why you would say this.  Sample, in his first season getting real playing time (injured most of his rookie season) was one of the highest rated blocking TEs (remember how important it is supposed to be to protect Burrow???), and was asked to be more receiving TE after Uzo was injured.

Only putting up 349 yards and 1 TD is not good enough for a 2nd round TE nowadays.
Fans expect the TE more involved as a pass catcher, so 349 is terribly low.

Sample was 22nd in receptions and 28th in yards.

Meanwhile, UDFA Robert Tonyan had just 6 more targets than Sample (59 vs 53) but had 12 more receptions (52 vs 40) and 237 more yards and 10 more TDs.

As such, many fans think that Sample was a huge reach, as there are Day 3 picks and UDFAs outperforming him as a pass catching threat.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 01:38 PM)Synric Wrote:
Michael Jordan claimed by Carolina
Austin Seibert claimed by Detroit

Looked up some info on Ray: a 24 year old UDFA. Came into the league in 2019 and this will already be his 6th team!
That leaves me questioning this move.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 01:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Looked up some info on Ray: a 24 year old UDFA.  Came into the league in 2019 and this will already be his 6th team!
That leaves me questioning this move.

How the hell do you play for 6 teams in 2 years? Did he set a record?

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 02:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How the hell do you play for 6 teams in 2 years? Did he set a record?

It looks like a lot of off season/practice squad time. Just seems like a camp body type of guy so why claim him?

The CB McCloud has good measurables: 6’/190 CB who ran 4.37 at pro day. Was an UDFA of the Bills. He has potential with that natural talent.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 02:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: How the hell do you play for 6 teams in 2 years? Did he set a record?

He was on 4 different practice squads in 2019

he stayed put with the Titans last season mostly on the PS but played in 5 games and did have a sack of Aaron Rodgers

and in a totally unrelated note, he is Nat King Cole's grandson

Reply/Quote