Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-31-2021, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kareem and Shelvin played very good from what I saw. Not high on Bledsoe at all.

Really want Henderson and Patrick to make the Practice Squad though, Henderson was a ballhawk all Preseason. Was always 
around the ball and making game changing plays. He was just a victim of the numbers game and we aren't cutting Ricardo 
Allen to keep him on the main team. Patrick just needed to catch the ball better, had a bad drop against the Phins that hurt 
him and all of Mixon, Perine and Evans have great hands. This was the diff.

Patrick is a force in short yardage though, a monster. Want him on the PS bad.

Agree...really liked Henderson. He stood out in a good way.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kareem and Shelvin played very good from what I saw. Not high on Bledsoe at all.

Really want Henderson and Patrick to make the Practice Squad though, Henderson was a ballhawk all Preseason. Was always 
around the ball and making game changing plays. He was just a victim of the numbers game and we aren't cutting Ricardo 
Allen to keep him on the main team. Patrick just needed to catch the ball better, had a bad drop against the Phins that hurt 

We've been here before talking about this guy Nate....

from 2019 lol

(09-01-2019, 09:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Really glad to see Henderson is still around, I was surprised he didn't stick on the 53. Same with Schreck over Carter.

Can't blame the guy for going to a team with more chances to make the roster at his spot. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Patrick just needed to catch the ball better, had a bad drop against the Phins that hurt 
him 

He did have a really nice catch and run that I believe he was in the slot to start and I think thats what setup kickfearsome's 57 yarder.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:19 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Agree...really liked Henderson. He stood out in a good way.

We are just so deep at Safety is all. This isn't a bad thing. Henderson did all he could to make the team but we have Bates, Bell
and Ricardo ahead of him. No UDFA is going to make it over them no matter how good they play in Preseason. Keep Henderson 
around damn it.

(08-31-2021, 09:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We've been here before talking about this guy Nate....

from 2019 lol

Nice call, he was really good this Preseason. Shown me why you liked him so much.

(08-31-2021, 09:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: He did have a really nice catch and run that I believe he was in the slot to start and I think thats what setup kickfearsome's 57 yarder.

Ahh yeah, forgot about that. Patrick can catch, I just don't know if he is as good at it as our other RB's or if he is as good on ST's.

Like that nickname for McPherson lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:19 PM)pally Wrote: there are only 5 players over 30

Clark Harris     37
Kevin Huber     36
Riley Reiff        32
Xavier Su'a-filo 30
Quinton Spain  30

We might have to get a new Punter and long snapper here soon looking at Huber's and Harris's age.

Dude's have been maybe our best ever at their jobs though. Have to give them both major props.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We might have to get a new Punter and long snapper here soon looking at Huber's and Harris's age.

Dude's have been maybe our best ever at their jobs though. Have to give them both major props.

I don’t know why the hell I picked Chrisman as my UDFA to make the team in the predictions thread. Should have known Huber wasn’t quite done yet.

Props to anyone that had Hodge, though.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know why the hell I picked Chrisman as my UDFA to make the team in the predictions thread. Should have known Huber wasn’t quite done yet.

Props to anyone that had Hodge, though.

I didn't have Hodge either or Irwin or Wilcox or Prince. Wild but I like it and they deserve it.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We might have to get a new Punter and long snapper here soon looking at Huber's and Harris's age.

I think Harris will be signed to 1 year deals, until he completely falters or until he finally decides to retire.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah as Huber may in the age, could be looking at his last year in the Bengals.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think Harris will be signed to 1 year deals, until he completely falters or until he finally decides to retire.

Could be right. Keep him around until he falls off though. Clark is not only a great long snapper he gets down and covers Returns.

Might be the best in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yea, Burrow has lost his influence.

You're just making shit up and throwing it out there. He didn't have much influence and whatever he did wasn't lost because of the "Chase debacle".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 08:19 PM)pally Wrote: there are only 5 players over 30

Clark Harris     37
Kevin Huber     36
Riley Reiff        32
Xavier Su'a-filo 30
Quinton Spain  30

Sure there's not 3
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Some mild surprises but nothing major.

Personally, keeping 7 WRs (again!) was the biggest surprise. I'd have kept Patrick over a 7th WR, as he is the best short yardage guy we have.

Wilcox over Moss surprised me. Seems as though ST was the difference there, and with Morgan as the 7th WR.

Prince over Jordan is also a bit surprising. But if we think Smith & Carman really are guards, and not tackles, then 3 OTs and 5 Gs (7 counting Hopkins & Hill) is an odd distribution.

Toughest cuts: Patrick, Henderson, Taylor, Moss, Daniels, Jordan, T. Williams. Hope we can PS those guys. Seibert played really well, too. But no way we were keeping 2 kickers again. Or cutting McPherson.

Glad we did not roster Ossai for a day & risk losing someone else.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure there's not 3

Logically speaking, he's right, even if they turned 30 yesterday. But semantics of it all.
Reply/Quote

Except for that damn 3rd and short on Sunday where he slowed down as he approached the LoS and got stopped forcing a punt that lead to the game winning drive. Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:22 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Yeah as Huber may in the age, could be looking at his last year in the Bengals.

I don't see any reason Huber can't retire as a Bengal. It's not like a new Punter has to learn a bunch of plays.  Bob Johnson retired as a Bengal. So did Ken Anderson. So did Bob Trumpy. So did Issac Curtis. So did Ken Riley.  So did Anthony Munoz. So did Collinsworth.  It's not that many that play long careers completely with Bengals.  I'm all for adding Huber to the list of players who are not traded or cut or go free agent, but play the entire career for Bengals and retire as a Bengal.  It is a Touch of Class that this franchise could use. 

Add in that Huber was born in Cincinnati. Went to High School in Cincinnati. 2 time All American for college Cincinnati Bearcats. Let The Man retire with dignity in Cincinnati as always a Cincinnati Bengal. Always Cincinnati from birth to now. Plus the Man is still a great Punter.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 12:01 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't see any reason Huber can't retire as a Bengals. It's not like a new Punter has to learn a bunch of plays.  Bob Johnson retired as a Bengals. So did Ken Anderson. So did Bob Trumpy. So did Issac Curtis. So did Ken Riley.  So did Anthony Munoz. So did Collinsworth.  It's not that many that play long careers completely with Bengals.  I'm all for adding Huber to the list of players who are not traded or cut or go free agent, but play the entire career for Bengals and retire as a Bengals.  It is a Touch of Class that this franchise could use. 

How exactly does one go about retiring as a Bengals?

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 10:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think Harris will be signed to 1 year deals, until he completely falters or until he finally decides to retire.

He might be signing those 1 year deals with a new team if Simmons leaves.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We don't need to keep signing Harris to a 1 year deal. We need to draft his replacement, and hope we move on from him a year early. Be proactive not reactive. Does anyone remember the disaster last time our great long snapper's play fell off? The fall off happens quick and it is devastating and costly when it came to winning games. If he falls off mid season, the struggle to replace him isn't something a team needs to focus on while making their "playoff push".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Doesn't this really leave the Bengals short at WR? Maybe Scotty Washington makes it?

You unintentionally address WHY they chose Irwin over Taylor:  Irwin is 6'1", while Taylor is just 5'7".  I really liked Taylor's agility, but think Irwin can play more all over the field and has a much bigger catch radius.  

I am still surprised as Taylor had significant NFL experience, but I can see why Irwin won the spot as well.  
Reply/Quote