Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
So they signed Spence only to cut him few days or so later? Seems weird, wonder if he failed a physical or is hurt, or maybe he just stinks
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: If they think he will miss a month, why not put Waynes on IR?  He can be brought back after missing 3 games

That's fair, I was still using the old IR rules in my mind. I could see that move. In that case you still had to carry him on the intial 53 so they needed the spot. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:01 PM)pally Wrote: final list  

edia Room
Hobson's Choice
Roster News
Bengals Reduce 2021 Roster To 53 Players
Aug 31, 2021 at 04:00 PM

210831-53-man-roster-graphic
The Bengals today made the following player moves to reach the NFL roster limit of 53:

*Placed two players on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list:

OT Hakeem Adeniji (pectoral)
DE Wyatt Hubert (pectoral)
*Placed one player on the Reserve/Injured list:

DE Joseph Ossai (Knee)
*Terminated the contract of four vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

DT Mike Daniels
TE Mason Schreck
DE Noah Spence
WR Trent Taylor
*Waived 20 players:

LB Joe Bachie
DE Amani Bledsoe
CB Tony Brown
P Drue Chrisman
S Trayvon Henderson
LB Keandre Jones
G Michael Jordan
DT Kahlil McKenzie
TE Thaddeus Moss
HB Jacques Patrick
CB Antonio Phillips
CB Winston Rose
K Austin Seibert
QB Kyle Shurmur
G Keaton Sutherland
OT Gunnar Vogel
WR Scotty Washington
HB Pooka Williams Jr.
HB Trayveon Williams
DT Renell Wren

Damn, wanted Bachie and Henderson to make it too.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Don't put that evil on Lawrence. 

He might actually be an improvement on that OL…

Reply/Quote
Zac just said that Adeniji and Hubert are eligible to come back in 6 weeks because they are on the non football injury list not full IR. And he did confirm an injury to Kareem

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:26 PM)pally Wrote: Zac just said that Adeniji and Hubert are eligible to come back in 6 weeks because they are on the non football injury list not full IR.  And he did confirm an injury to Kareem

Yea, I think we could see Spence come back after Kareem is moved to IR.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:22 PM)sloSTI Wrote: So they signed Spence only to cut him few days or so later? Seems weird, wonder if he failed a physical or is hurt, or maybe he just stinks

He had a pretty rough game against Miami.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He had a pretty rough game against Miami.

Guess that would explain it, I didn't watch much of that game. 

Edit: guess they have no chance of getting the big FSU DT Wilson that was cut
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:26 PM)pally Wrote: Zac just said that Adeniji and Hubert are eligible to come back in 6 weeks because they are on the non football injury list not full IR.  And he did confirm an injury to Kareem

Man, Kareem was playing good. Had a nice sack and a couple pressures.
Reply/Quote
Surprises that made the roster:
- A 7th WR - I thought someone like Jacques Patrick showed more than one of these no-name back-end WRs. I'm scared if any injuries happen to the starting WRs, as I don't think any of Irwin, Thomas, or Morgan is good as a pass catcher.

- Mitchell Wilcox - I get he was probably kept for ST, but man I really thought Thad Moss was gonna make it over this guy. Moss is a better option offensively over Wilcox, and he might even be better than Sample and/or Uzomah.

- Isaiah Prince - Maybe I'm being too harsh on him since he was drafted in the 6th round by MIA and let go, then has done nothing with Bengals (primarily due to injury last year), but I'm actually surprised he made it over Jordan as the last OL.

- Jordan Evans - I don't think there was really a better LB on the roster, but I'm hoping this is one spot they replace with a LB who gets cut from another team. This LB group really makes me nervous.

I am happy to see Hodge make the roster. About the only "pleasant surprise" to me.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:22 PM)sloSTI Wrote: So they signed Spence only to cut him few days or so later? Seems weird, wonder if he failed a physical or is hurt, or maybe he just stinks

the 'Seahawks cut someone they traded for last week

Reply/Quote
Thought Moss was gonna make it

Love Irwin making it
-Housh
Reply/Quote

I always felt he was just a body to get them through the game. I thought Bledsoe would make it as the 5th DE. so I always thought the spot was taken, and Spence was a looong shot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: - Jordan Evans - I don't think there was really a better LB on the roster, but I'm hoping this is one spot they replace with a LB who gets cut. This LB group really makes me nervous.

Wilson and Pratt are definitely better than Evans. It’s a young group, but LB is traditionally a position that takes a few years to really develop. ADG also has a lot of potential, too. I hope they get him involved rushing the passer more going forward.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Surprises that made the roster:
- A 7th WR - I thought someone like Jacques Patrick showed more than one of these no-name back-end WRs. I'm scared if any injuries happen to the starting WRs, as I don't think any of Irwin, Thomas, or Morgan is good as a pass catcher.

- Mitchell Wilcox - I get he was probably kept for ST, but man I really thought Thad Moss was gonna make it over this guy. Moss is a better option offensively over Wilcox, and he might even be better than Sample and/or Uzomah.

- Isaiah Prince - Maybe I'm being too harsh on him since he was drafted in the 6th round by MIA and let go, then has done nothing with Bengals (primarily due to injury last year), but I'm actually surprised he made it over Jordan as the last OL.

- Jordan Evans - I don't think there was really a better LB on the roster, but I'm hoping this is one spot they replace with a LB who gets cut from another team. This LB group really makes me nervous.

I am happy to see Hodge make the roster. About the only "pleasant surprise" to me.

Irwin, Thomas and Morgan had a nice preseason and were rewarded. Doesn't surprise me they made the team and Taylor 
was cut as Darius Phillips shown to be the better Punt Returner. Wilcox does a lot of the little things and I guess was more 
valuable than Moss cause of this. Prince has played well this whole Offseason. Was a bit surprised MJ was cut but if he 
cannot stay low there is no point in continuing the experiment. Was also surprised by the Evans cut.

But yeah, really happy to see Hodge make it. He earned it. Dude is a very good pass rusher, just what we need and he 
can play Linebacker and ST's so very versatile.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wilson and Pratt are definitely better than Evans. It’s a young group, but LB is traditionally a position that takes a few years to really develop. ADG also has a lot of potential, too. I hope they get him involved rushing the passer more going forward.

Agreed, thought ADG had a good game against the Phins too, saw him make a couple splash plays.

His raw talent is undeniable. I just thought they would keep Evans around for a veteran presence.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wilson and Pratt are definitely better than Evans. It’s a young group, but LB is traditionally a position that takes a few years to really develop. ADG also has a lot of potential, too. I hope they get him involved rushing the passer more going forward.

Evans is another player whose special teams play keeps him on the roster

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I always felt he was just a body to get them through the game. I thought Bledsoe would make it as the 5th DE. so I always thought the spot was taken, and Spence was a looong shot.

That's possible, I don't study rosters tho,I just watch the games and hope certain people I recognize stick around. Next few days should definitely be interesting to see who they add to PS 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, Kareem was playing good. Had a nice sack and a couple pressures.

This.

Didn't show anything last year when we were desperate for quality snaps on the D-line.  But he was a guy who really seemed to have improved.  He was getting good pressure this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: - A 7th WR - I thought someone like Jacques Patrick showed more than one of these no-name back-end WRs. I'm scared if any injuries happen to the starting WRs, as I don't think any of Irwin, Thomas, or Morgan is good as a pass catcher.

Same they dont have a backup WR on the roster with any upside. The best is Auden Tate and we know who he is at this point. Michael Thomas and Stanley Morgan or special teams guys... There have been quite a few young WRs waived and the Bengals are near the top of the waiver wire. I hope they go after at least 1.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote