Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-31-2021, 04:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Well 1 hour until the deadline.

And as far as I'm tracking only 5 confirmed:

Bengals RB Pooka Williams

Bengals DB Antonio Phillips
Bengals TE Mason Schreck
Bengals WR Trent Taylor
Bengals OL Michael Jordan

I know there's talk of Moss
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't remember Sample doing much of anything this preseason.

It is preseason and Sample is a blocker and a starter. Don't put stock in the Preseason with starters and blocking TE's.

It is about the backups and Wilcox can play ST's, simple as that.

Hope Thad can make the PS is all.

(08-31-2021, 03:54 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Burrow is a 2nd year QB who hasn't done anything on this team and isn't responsible for building its roster.  You've got a HC on the team who insists on taking playcalling duties on himself.  Why would anyone think Burrow has complete influence over roster decisions?  Especially when it appears this move was based on ST needs not necessarily offensive ones.  

I don't think Burrow making a comment about Moss means he had inkling one way or the other about whether he'd be cut.  I think Burrow just supports his guys and tries to be positive.  

This. Burrow is our Franchise QB but he doesn't have influence over the roster decisions.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And as far as I'm tracking only 5 confirmed:

Bengals RB Pooka Williams

Bengals DB Antonio Phillips
Bengals TE Mason Schreck
Bengals WR Trent Taylor
Bengals OL Michael Jordan

I know there's talk of Moss

I liked Trent Taylor but the other Trent clearly outplayed him this Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked Trent Taylor but the other Trent clearly outplayed him this Preseason.

I thought he might have a shot over Thomas but Zac seems to like him.
Irwin looked good and he is a good sized WR. Taylor is a small guy so he is probably more limited in what he can do.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:19 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I thought he might have a shot over Thomas but Zac seems to like him.
Irwin looked good and he is a good sized WR.  Taylor is a small guy so he is probably more limited in what he can do.

Both Irwin and Mike Thomas had a better Preseason and yeah, Taylor is small. Darius was a better returner this Preseason which 
also pushed Taylor off the roster I guess. Stanley Morgan looked pretty good against the Phins too. We are looking better at WR 
than I thought we would to be able to cut Trent Taylor who is a solid vet Slot Receiver and PR. Simmons made the call again I 
believe. These are really his cuts as you noted earlier with Moss getting cut over Wilcox.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote:  it's safe to say Burrow has lost his influence after the Chase debacle.

1.  Burrow never had any influence to lose.

2.  Chase is far from a "debacle".

This is just proof that the people who claimed Burrow had influence were wrong all along.
Reply/Quote
I just hope we don't keep 3 QBs.

Lots of position bubble guys I want to keep over a third QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just hope we don't keep 3 QBs.

Lots of position buble guys I want to keep over a third QB.

Same. Just keep Burrow and Allen.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: I expected these, but I have to admit I might have gone with Patrick over Perine.

Wait, what? Was Patrick let go? 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wait, what? Was Patrick let go? 

yep

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Wait, what? Was Patrick let go? 

Hopefully we can put him on the PS. Really liked what I saw of Patrick.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bingo.

Since Uzomah hasn't done anything since the season before last and Sample hasn't done anything at all, ever, I'm surprised neither of them had to show some worthwhile production in pre-season.

Of course, anyone who says, "Nah I ain't make it" isn't all there between the ears. I can't think of a more incorrectly phrased statement that I've ever heard.

Reply/Quote
Has any thought, you know, that he'll be resigned to the 53 once the IRs happen?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hopefully we can put him on the PS. Really liked what I saw of Patrick.

Patrick looked decent in pre-season, but he was never playing against first string guys.

Already had a big guy on the bench in Perine, so I never gave Patrick much of a chance.  But he is definitely worth keeping on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I just hope we don't keep 3 QBs.

Lots of position bubble guys I want to keep over a third QB.

I'd rather stash a 3rd string QB on the PS.  Not sure why any team keeps 3 QBs really.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: His tweet about Moss being a big part of the offensive does look pretty silly right now

I don't think Burrow tweeted anything about Moss.  I don't see it on his Twitter feed.  I think he was asked a question about Moss by a reporter and he answered it. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think Burrow tweeted anything about Moss.  I don't see it on his Twitter feed.  I think he was asked a question about Moss by a reporter and he answered it. 

roger
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 04:55 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think Burrow tweeted anything about Moss.  I don't see it on his Twitter feed.  I think he was asked a question about Moss by a reporter and he answered it. 

Correct.

Reply/Quote
final list

edia Room
Hobson's Choice
Roster News
Bengals Reduce 2021 Roster To 53 Players
Aug 31, 2021 at 04:00 PM

210831-53-man-roster-graphic
The Bengals today made the following player moves to reach the NFL roster limit of 53:

*Placed two players on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list:

OT Hakeem Adeniji (pectoral)
DE Wyatt Hubert (pectoral)
*Placed one player on the Reserve/Injured list:

DE Joseph Ossai (Knee)
*Terminated the contract of four vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

DT Mike Daniels
TE Mason Schreck
DE Noah Spence
WR Trent Taylor
*Waived 20 players:

LB Joe Bachie
DE Amani Bledsoe
CB Tony Brown
P Drue Chrisman
S Trayvon Henderson
LB Keandre Jones
G Michael Jordan