Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-31-2021, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't look like we held onto anyone to IR them tomorrow

That's interesting. I get the feeling we are going to make a waiver claim or two based on some of the guys still on the 53. 
Reply/Quote
Sucks we couldn’t get anything for Seibert.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
they kept 7 wide receivers with Thomas, Irwin and Morgan all making it

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sucks we couldn’t get anything for Seibert.

(08-31-2021, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: they kept 7 wide receivers with Thomas, Irwin and Morgan all making it

As I mentioned in My 53: I would have kept Seibert over an end of the bench WR. Lots of good WRs got walking papers today
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: they kept 7 wide receivers with Thomas, Irwin and Morgan all making it

This is one position where I think they may hold one until they get a better option on the waiver wire.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sucks we couldn’t get anything for Seibert.

Problem is he isn't a vested vet so a team like the Lions who just cut both their kickers, including fat Randy, knew they could get him being high on the waiver claims list. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I mentioned in My 53: I would have kept Seibert over an end of the bench WR. Lots of good WRs got walking papers today

This is all Simmons. WRs like Morgan are special teams players so they might play every week vs a K who may never get on the field. I think it makes sense just because you can always grab a K if yours gets hurt/Covid
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:01 PM)pally Wrote: *Terminated the contract of four vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

DT Mike Daniels
TE Mason Schreck
DE Noah Spence
WR Trent Taylor

Did the practice squad rules remain the same as the Covid ones? If they are back to the old P.S. rules this would mean the 4 vested veterans can't be on the squad right? Used to be 3 years of experience or less... just not sure what it is now.

Edit:
Nevermind... I saw that all players are still eligible.

If anyone else was unsure as well "PRACTICE SQUAD: All NFL players are eligible to be signed to a team's practice squad in 2021, though players who are waived must clear waivers first. The Bengals plan to announce tomorrow a practice squad of up to 16 players"

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't look like we held onto anyone to IR them tomorrow

that we know of.  We know Waynes is injured and there have been rumors of an injury to Khalid Kareem.  I could see Mike Daniels as someone they could safely cut in order to bring him back tomorrow

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:12 PM)pally Wrote: that we know of.  We know Waynes is injured and there have been rumors of an injury to Khalid Kareem.  I could see Mike Daniels as someone they could safely cut in order to bring him back tomorrow

They actually look like they kept an extra end so it would make sense for Kareem to go IR after the 53. I don't think Waynes will go IR with the hammy.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:12 PM)pally Wrote: that we know of.  We know Waynes is injured and there have been rumors of an injury to Khalid Kareem.  I could see Mike Daniels as someone they could safely cut in order to bring him back tomorrow

Good point

As to those cut:

I think only Siefert and MJ are at risk of getting claimed. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good point

As to those cut:

I think only Siefert and MJ are at risk of getting claimed. 

I think Seifert ends up in Detroit and MJ reunites with Urban Meyer in Jax, both on waiver claims.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: They actually look like they kept an extra end so it would make sense for Kareem to go IR after the 53. I don't think Waynes will go IR with the hammy.

If we kept 7 WRs and an extra end, where did we short ourselves?

Only 3 RBs?

3 TEs?

Reply/Quote
There are too many cuts to try to name. Tomorrow Bengals will add 16 players to Practice Reserve Squad.

Michael Jordan waived stands out. Was it not he who blocked his man backwards into Burrow injury play. Blocking your man back into the QB is pretty stupid.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ricardo Allen better be good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we kept 7 WRs and an extra end, where did we short ourselves?

Only 3 RBs?

3 TEs?

We have 5 ends, but I guess it depends what our fronts look like. You could say we went scratch there. Kept an extra WR for sure, only 3 RB's is sometimes a short position. We also went 10 out the gate on the O line which isn't crazy but a lot of teams will carry 9.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ricardo Allen better be good.

With Waynes missing time I think it allowed us to go 6 at CB instead of 7 which is why he got the nod. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: They actually look like they kept an extra end so it would make sense for Kareem to go IR after the 53. I don't think Waynes will go IR with the hammy.

If they think he will miss a month, why not put Waynes on IR? He can be brought back after missing 3 games

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Seifert ends up in Detroit and MJ reunites with Urban Meyer in Jax, both on waiver claims.

Don't put that evil on Lawrence. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: If they think he will miss a month, why not put Waynes on IR?  He can be brought back after missing 3 games

If he is out a month he will only miss one regular season game. (maybe 2)
Reply/Quote