Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
(08-31-2021, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: from Moss's instagram

Wilcox beat him out? Thought Thad had a good game against the Phins but so did Wilcox so I guess I understand.
Reply/Quote
Wilcox is out right now (concussion), so if Moss is cut that means only 2 TE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yea, Burrow has lost his influence.

Imagine actually believing this…

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wilcox beat him out? Thought Thad had a good game against the Phins but so did Wilcox so I guess I understand.

Wilcox plays special teams...i bet this was a Simmons decision

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: Wilcox plays special teams...i bet this was a Simmons decision

Bingo.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wilcox beat him out? Thought Thad had a good game against the Phins but so did Wilcox so I guess I understand.

I thought Moss might make it but Wilcox must play special teams and Moss doesn’t or isn’t as good.
I am sure that Simmons has a lot of influence on who stays and who goes when it comes to cut down day and the back of the roster.
Reply/Quote

You know Burrow is mad, this is wack
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:35 PM)pally Wrote: Wilcox plays special teams...i bet this was a Simmons decision

(08-31-2021, 03:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bingo.

(08-31-2021, 03:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I thought Moss might make it but Wilcox must play special teams and Moss doesn’t or isn’t as good.
I am sure that Simmons has a lot of influence on who stays and who goes when it comes to cut down day and the back of the roster.

Cool, makes sense. Does Kenny Yeboah play ST's? Would love to get that guy in here who was cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Imagine actually believing this…

Why wouldn't you? He came out with comments supporting Moss being on this team and clearly it didn't work..... How else can you read it?

I'm sure he wouldn't have spoken out if he believed Moss would be cut. And if he spoke out because he knew he'd be cut, then that proves my point even more. Think with your brain not hour heart Nicomo.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Should I start the bring Cam in as a back up thread or did someone beat me to it?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why wouldn't you? He came out with comments supporting Moss being on this team and clearly it didn't work..... How else can you read it?

Because Burrow never had that much influence on the roster. They asked him about Chase when they were already interested in him. They just wanted to know what kind of personality/work ethic etc he has.
I don’t think he’s going to be upset about the 3rd string TE not making the team. He knows that it is not his job.
Reply/Quote
Sample was a huge mistake, could have had many options at TE without that wasted high draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:47 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Because Burrow never had that much influence on the roster. They asked him about Chase when they were already interested in him.  They just wanted to know what kind of personality/work ethic etc he has.
I don’t think he’s going to be upset about the 3rd string TE not making the team.  He knows that it is not his job.

They had interest in all the top picks, Chase is here because of Burrow. I believe he was influential with the pick. After it was made more came out about his advocating picking him behind the scenes. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Sample was a huge mistake, could have had many options at TE without that wasted high draft pick.

Moss certainly showed more then Sample. 

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Moss certainly showed more then Sample. 

No he didn’t. And I’m not even close to being big on Sample.

Reply/Quote
I don't remember Sample doing much of anything this preseason.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 03:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why wouldn't you? He came out with comments supporting Moss being on this team and clearly it didn't work..... How else can you read it?

I'm sure he wouldn't have spoken out if he believed Moss would be cut. And if he spoke out because he knew he'd be cut, then that proves my point even more. Think with your brain not hour heart Nicomo.

Burrow is a 2nd year QB who hasn't done anything on this team and isn't responsible for building its roster.  You've got a HC on the team who insists on taking playcalling duties on himself.  Why would anyone think Burrow has complete influence over roster decisions?  Especially when it appears this move was based on ST needs not necessarily offensive ones.  

I don't think Burrow making a comment about Moss means he had inkling one way or the other about whether he'd be cut.  I think Burrow just supports his guys and tries to be positive.  
Reply/Quote

His tweet about Moss being a big part of the offensive does look pretty silly right now
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
What other player has he made comments on?

I've never seen a QB get ahead of cuts with such comments about a bubble player unless they are trying to influence the team.

I think you guys have misread the room. This isn't typical of Franchise QB's prior to cuts.

Reply/Quote
Well 1 hour until the deadline.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote