Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals D message to the naysayers-FEA
(02-11-2022, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guys who have been here more than three weeks know that they deserved to be "doubted" coming into the playoffs because they looked weak during the season.

They are certainly playing well in the postseason, but everyone knows these are the same guys who finished the regular season in the bottom half of the league in both yards and points allowed.

Sure, doubted coming into the PLAYOFFS, but they should NOT be doubted/ignored heading into the Super Bowl considering the defense has played pretty darn well in the playoffs. Hell, people are STILL claiming Mahommes imploded but giving almost not credit to the Bengals D for causing the implosion. 

Everyone's talking about the Rams defensive line (deservedly so) but no one's pointing out that the Bengals defense has twice as many sacks this postseason than the Rams defense (almost no one, anyway, I got the stat from somewhere, obviously).

So, sure, the defense heading into the playoffs couldn't really complain about being overlooked, but now, going into the Super Bowl? Yes, they can.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure, doubted coming into the PLAYOFFS, but they should NOT be doubted/ignored heading into the Super Bowl considering the defense has played pretty darn well in the playoffs.

People don't forget an entire season just because of how you perform in the playoffs.

How many Bengal fans here are ignoring the fact that Stafford has outplayed Burrow in the postseason?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People don't forget an entire season just because of how you perform in the playoffs.

How many Bengal fans here are ignoring the fact that Stafford has outplayed Burrow in the postseason?

Don't know but I bet the number is not nearly as many pundits, analysts, and fans who are ignoring the fact that Trey Hendrickson outplayed Aaron Donald in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure, doubted coming into the PLAYOFFS, but they should NOT be doubted/ignored heading into the Super Bowl considering the defense has played pretty darn well in the playoffs. Hell, people are STILL claiming Mahommes imploded but giving almost not credit to the Bengals D for causing the implosion. 

Everyone's talking about the Rams defensive line (deservedly so) but no one's pointing out that the Bengals defense has twice as many sacks this postseason than the Rams defense (almost no one, anyway, I got the stat from somewhere, obviously).

So, sure, the defense heading into the playoffs couldn't really complain about being overlooked, but now, going into the Super Bowl? Yes, they can.

No doubt. That 2nd half Mahomes just imploded, had nothing to do with us changing it up and going with a 3 man front 
and covering everything down the field while getting pressure. Had absolutely nothing to do with it. Mellow Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:05 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It's the Joe Burrow Effect.

I’m down with this .

And F.E.A!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think you are right, Lou just had to have the right personnel and a good DL in front of the LB's and his Secondary.

He has always been a pretty good Secondary coach but he has taken a major step this season and especially in the Playoffs.

Hope he is around for many years and I hope what you say about the Offense comes true and they take these Rams by the horns
and never look back. Take Donald out of the game as much as possible will be the key, they can get sacks but we must remember 
that our Defense will get sacks too as they have twice as much as the Rams do in these Playoffs.
Truth be told our defense has played well when healthy when he has been at the helm. The problem is we were not healthy in 2019(first part) and after week 5 last season. 

This year the unit has been healthy for the most part and we have seen success because of it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:27 PM)J24 Wrote: This year the unit has been healthy for the most part and we have seen success because of it.

Bottom half of the league in both points and yards allowed.

Improved, but not very good.

Definitely not as good as we have looked in the playoffs.  And if that carries through the Super Bowl then it is all that matters.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. That 2nd half Mahomes just imploded, had nothing to do with us changing it up and going with a 3 man front 
and covering everything down the field while getting pressure. Had absolutely nothing to do with it. Mellow Sarcasm

Actually there have been multiple video breakdowns posted here that shows that a lot of it really was Mahommes playing poorly in the second half.  Kurt Warner pointed out multiple plays were a receiver was open and Pat just threw the ball the wrong place.

Our defense was not covering everyone as perfectly as you think.
Reply/Quote
I mean he's not wrong but ehh I'm not a fan of the execution and also who?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't know but I bet the number is not nearly as many pundits, analysts, and fans who are ignoring the fact that Trey Hendrickson outplayed Aaron Donald in the regular season.

Trey Hendrickson did not come close to outplaying Donald.

Donald had twice as many tackles and almost as many sacks PLAYING DT.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trey Hendrickson did not come close to outplaying Donald.

Donald also played in more games than Trey.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Donald also played in more games than Trey.

Doesn't matter.  You can't compare Trey's sack numbers playing DE to Donald's numbers playing DT.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't matter.  You can't compare Trey's sack numbers playing DE to Donald's numbers playing DT.

Yes, I can. I can also point out that Donald got more than half his sacks and most of his tackles AFTER the Rams acquired Von Miller.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bottom half of the league in both points and yards allowed.

Improved, but not very good.

Definitely not as good as we have looked in the playoffs.  And if that carries through the Super Bowl then it is all that matters.

(02-11-2022, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there have been multiple video breakdowns posted here that shows that a lot of it really was Mahommes playing poorly in the second half.  Kurt Warner pointed out multiple plays were a receiver was open and Pat just threw the ball the wrong place.

Our defense was not covering everyone as perfectly as you think.

(02-11-2022, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trey Hendrickson did not come close to outplaying Donald.

Why do you hate the Bengals?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, I can. I can also point out that Donald got more than half his sacks and most of his tackles AFTER the Rams acquired Von Miller.

6 sacks in 9 games without Miller.
6.5 sacks in 8 games with Miller.

Aaron Donald was First Team All Pro 6 straight years and was NFL Defensive Player of the Year 3 times before Miller arrived.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 6 sacks in 9 games without Miller.
6.5 sacks in 8 games with Miller.

6.5 is "more than half" his sack total. Thank you for proving my point. ThumbsUp

(02-11-2022, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aaron Donald was First Team All Pro 6 straight years and was NFL Defensive Player of the Year 3 times before Miller arrived.

Yep, and still got outplayed by Trey Hendrickson on the frickin' BENGALS this past season. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do you hate the Bengals?

Why do you hate the truth?

I can like the Bengals and still admit our defense was not very good during the regular season.

And I actually feel sorry for anyone who tries to claim Hendrickson is better than Aaron Donald.

Being a Bengal fan does not require me to deny reality and blindly believe stupid BS that other Bengal fans post.  This is just a fanbase, not a political party.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep, and still got outplayed by Trey Hendrickson on the frickin' BENGALS this past season. 

But the Rams have Sony Michel who outplayed Joe Burrow

Michel........845 rushing yards
Burrow.......118 rushing yards
Reply/Quote
Rams D line is being overrated... They have 5 sacks in 3 postseason games...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Rams D line is being overrated... They have 5 sacks in 3 postseason games...

Joe Burrow only has 4 td passes in 3 postseason games.

You have to be careful when you are talking about such a small sample size.
Reply/Quote