Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals D message to the naysayers-FEA
(02-11-2022, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the Rams have Sony Michel who outplayed Joe Burrow

Michel........845 rushing yards
Burrow.......118 rushing yards

The difference between a QB and a RB is a far bigger divide than the difference between a DE and a DT. QBs and RBs have far different responsibilities. DEs and DTs, not nearly as much. 

When you have to bring up a nonsensical point to defend your position, that makes your position nonsensical. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Joe Burrow only has 4 td passes in 3 postseason games.

You have to be careful when you are talking about such a small sample size.

It's the superbowl and judging by going against other playoff teams seems like a pretty good metric to me...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Rams D line is being overrated... They have 5 sacks in 3 postseason games...

Actually, they only have 4 sacks in 3 postseason games (Bengals have 8, btw)
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you hate the truth?

[Image: you-cant-handle.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there have been multiple video breakdowns posted here that shows that a lot of it really was Mahommes playing poorly in the second half.  Kurt Warner pointed out multiple plays were a receiver was open and Pat just threw the ball the wrong place.

Our defense was not covering everyone as perfectly as you think.

Happens, bottom line we got in his head with that front and we covered well and made big plays on Defense more so than 
Mahomes just imploding. Mahomes and the Chiefs Offense is scarier than the Rams Offense in my eyes cause the Rams turn
the ball over more. I like our Defenses chances on Sunday to make some big plays to steer the game in our direction.

Something I haven't heard from any of the analysts on TV. They only mention Donald and the Rams front going against Burrow
and our terrible OL.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Rams D line is being overrated... They have 5 sacks in 3 postseason games...

Thought the Rams only have 4 sacks this postseason last I heard. Our D has 8 last I checked.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The difference between a QB and a RB is a far bigger divide than the difference between a DE and a DT. QBs and RBs have far different responsibilities. DEs and DTs, not nearly as much. 

When you have to bring up a nonsensical point to defend your position, that makes your position nonsensical. 

For sure, at least a DT and a DE play in the trenches together. Wonder what the odds are that our DT's get more sacks in this 
game than Donald. Could very well happen and I bet they have just as big of an effect in this game. Our DT's match up very 
well going against Allen and the Rams interior. Also Hendrickson and Hubbard will give Whit and Havenstein trouble.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The difference between a QB and a RB is a far bigger divide than the difference between a DE and a DT. QBs and RBs have far different responsibilities. DEs and DTs, not nearly as much. 

Yeah, kinda like implying that an internet poster can manifest an injury to a player just by mentioning it on a message board.  That's stuff of talking snakes, unicorns and pixie dust. LOL The ultimate nonsensical position.

Science >  Superstition
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yeah, kinda like implying that an internet poster can manifest an injury to a player just by mentioning it on a message board.  That's stuff of talking snakes, unicorns and pixie dust. LOL The ultimate nonsensical position.

Science >  Superstition

You’re trolling at this point.

You’re following people around the forums and throwing fits about their posts because everyone made fun of your thread. Take your off-topic argument back to where it began.

Chill.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yeah, kinda like implying that an internet poster can manifest an injury to a player just by mentioning it on a message board.  

And also like worrying that a guy who's never injured a QB in his life is suddenly going to go out of his way to injure Joe Burrow in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought the Rams only have 4 sacks this postseason last I heard. Our D has 8 last I checked.

Don't convolute the discussion with straight up facts, dude.

Bring out some cherry picked, nonsensical BS. What's wrong with you ?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Don't convolute the discussion with straight up facts, dude.

Bring out some cherry picked, nonsensical BS. What's wrong with you ?

Ninja

Yeah, need to compare RB and QB rushing numbers... Ninja
Reply/Quote
A couple of things about this defense.

1.) Their strong up the Middle; Reader, Hill, Wilson, Pratt, Hilton, Bell, and Bates all have either had a dominant performance or made a big play in the post season.

2.) Duke Tobin did great work in the off-season. Chidobe Auwzi has been spectacular, Mike Hilton brings it every game, Eli Apple has been a decent player, and Trey Hendrickson has been a DPOY kinda of player.

3.) Lou is a great Coordinator and the team got lucky to sign him in 2019.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And also like worrying that a guy who's never injured a QB in his life is suddenly going to go out of his way to injure Joe Burrow in the Super Bowl.

High stakes game. Bet it has gone through his mind.  Quick way to a SB ring. I don't know the sumbitch from Donald Trump but others have said he's a dirty player. Just had me wondering.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:47 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You’re trolling at this point.

You’re following people around the forums and throwing fits about their posts because everyone made fun of your thread. Take your off-topic argument back to where it began.

Chill.

Cuppy,  there was nothing to make fun of. The thread asked a legitimate question. Would someone who is said to be a dirty player take a cheap shot to almost guarantee himself a SB ring? I've seen a lot of Bengals' fans on various social media forums worrying about the same thing. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 08:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL Yeah, kind of tasteless too and not the kind of thing Zac likes. But I do want that shirt!  Cool

Really? Cuz Eli Apple has been talking mad shit on Twitter all year and Zac hasn't said a word...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guys who have been here more than three weeks know that they deserved to be "doubted" coming into the playoffs because they looked weak during the season.

They are certainly playing well in the postseason, but everyone knows these are the same guys who finished the regular season in the bottom half of the league in both yards and points allowed.

Ya everything sucks... You are so right. **** the offense too..
Reply/Quote
Donald is a stud, Trey is a stud also in my opinion, both are great players with difference being Donald has been plying longer and been great longer. Also, I try to watch every NFL game and if my memory is correct, Donald lines uo at DE also + does a lot of stunts where he loops around and comes from a DE position.

Our key to win is to control the LOS or control it equally on both offense and defense. Win the turnover and have less penalty yardage. The Rams are very capable of shutting down any NFL offense and that is a concern.

But for some reason I think there will be a huge special team play that impacts the outcome.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When you have to bring up a nonsensical point to defend your position, that makes your position nonsensical. 

Actually it is a common practice to take an extreme example of a faulty argument in order to illustrate the flaws in the logic.

And the only nonsensical comment in this thread was that Hendrickson played better than Donald this year.  There is not a single shred of evidence to support that claim unless you try to use sacks or some pass rushing metric.  Only someone who does not understand football would compare sack totals from an edge rusher to a DT. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, at least a DT and a DE play in the trenches together. Wonder what the odds are that our DT's get more sacks in this 
game than Donald. Could very well happen and I bet they have just as big of an effect in this game. Our DT's match up very 
well going against Allen and the Rams interior. Also Hendrickson and Hubbard will give Whit and Havenstein trouble.

Just saw this article on nfl.com about the level of Whitworth's play this year. I had heard he was declining. Some posters referenced that he was showing his age and not nearly as effective as in the past. Not according to this article:

"The amazing part of Whitworth's story is that, like Brady, he hasn't declined significantly with age. This season, Pro Football Focus has given him a pass-blocking grade of 89.6, which is the highest he's achieved since coming to the Rams and ranks first among offensive tackles. The 6-foot-7, 330-pound Whitworth allowed just five quarterback sacks and 17 total pressures in a season when he once again served as the lynchpin for Los Angeles' offensive line."
Reply/Quote