Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Fan Trivia (Put Your Knowledge to the Test!)
It's super boring this time of year, and it seems like many of us are just running in circles in older threads so I thought I'd try to start a trivia thread.

These questions are just going to be off of the top of my head just to keep it to where I think they're not impossible and to save me from a bunch of research. I'm going to try to word some of them in a way that isn't easily googleable (not sure if this is a word). Some of course you will be able to look up, or research but let's all try to abide by the honor system; no cheating.

Feel free to pose questions of your own.

*** NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO PLAY JUST QUOTE THE OP WITHOUT SCROLLING DOWN TO OTHER REPLIES!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind?

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's?

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident?

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for?

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's?

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL?

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind?

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for?

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD?

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior?

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"?

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with?

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names)

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college?

15.) What was the name of our old practice field?

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals?

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q.

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college?

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard?

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's super boring this time of year, and it seems like many of us are just running in circles in older threads so I thought I'd try to start a trivia thread.

These questions are just going to be off of the top of my head just to keep it to where I think they're not impossible and to save me from a bunch of research.  I'm going to try to word some of them in a way that isn't easily googleable (not sure if this is a word).  Some of course you will be able to look up, or research but let's all try to abide by the honor system; no cheating.

*** NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO PLAY JUST QUOTE THE OP WITHOUT SCROLLING DOWN TO OTHER REPLIES!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chad Johnson, and the Oregon State nickname (beavers)

Melvin Tuten

Stanford Jennings? I think I'm forgetting the name

ASU?

Harold Green?

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL?

Oregon State?

Kramer

WVU

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD?
Gus Frerotte

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior?
Michael Westbrook

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"?
No idea

Canton Massillon HS?

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names)

Pollack, AJ Green,  Atkins, Boling

Dartmouth 

Spinney Field?

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals?
Greg Cook?

Jeff Query

Eastern Carolina

Munoz?

Pickens and Darnay
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: ANSWER KEY

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind?  Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's? MELVIN TUTIN

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident? STANLEY WILSON

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for? UTEP

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's? HAROLD GREEN

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL? "THE U" MIAMI HURRICANES

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind? SEAN BREWER

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for? WEST VIRGINIA

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD? GUS FEROTTE

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior? MICHAEL WESTBROOK

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"? MIKE MARTIN

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with? MASSILON

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names) POLLACK, THURMAN, ATKINS, GREEN

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college? DARTMOUTH

15.) What was the name of our old practice field? SPINNEY FIELD

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals? GREG COOK

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q. JEFF QUERY

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college? EAST CAROLINA

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard? BRAD JOHANSON

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's. CARL PICKENS AND DARNAY SCOTT
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's super boring this time of year, and it seems like many of us are just running in circles in older threads so I thought I'd try to start a trivia thread.

These questions are just going to be off of the top of my head just to keep it to where I think they're not impossible and to save me from a bunch of research.  I'm going to try to word some of them in a way that isn't easily googleable (not sure if this is a word).  Some of course you will be able to look up, or research but let's all try to abide by the honor system; no cheating.

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind? Chad and TJ?

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's? Melvin Tuten(sp?) took me 20 mins to come up with that!

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident? Stanley Wilson--my fav Bengal from that era

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's? Harold Green?

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind? Sean Brewer

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for? West Virginia

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD? Gus Frerot(sp)?

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"? Tim McGee?

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with? Massilon

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names) Geno, AJ, Shawn Williams, Clint Boling

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college? Dartmouth

15.) What was the name of our old practice field? Spinney Field

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals? Greg Cook

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q. Jeff Query

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college? East Carolina

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard? Brad "i'm so handsome" Johanson

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's. Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott

Answers in bold. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna need a ruling on the Georgia players...cause i'm not wrong, technically. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
So it appears I meesed up the Georgia question. I completely forgot about Boling, and honestly I didn't even know Shawn Williams went there.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna need a ruling on the Georgia players...cause i'm not wrong, technically. 

I guess any 4 of the 6 (are they more?) would have to be right.

I was trying to fit a question that include the pair of LB's in '05 with AJ and Geno all going to the same school.  I completely screwed the pooch by not remembering the others.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I guess any 4 of the 6 (are they more?) would have to be right.

I was trying to fit a question that include the pair of LB's in '05 with AJ and Geno all going to the same school.  I completely screwed the pooch by not remembering the others.

Yeah. I'd go with any 4 of the 6 to be correct. 

Reply/Quote

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind? TJ and Chad

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's?  Melvin Tuten

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident?   Stanley Wilson :-(

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for?  UTEP

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's?  Corey Dillon

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL?   Hmmm.  USC, but it's a guess

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind?  Sean Brewer

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for?  Tennessee Vols

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD?  Neil O'Donnell

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior?  Antonio Bryant

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"?  Ickey Woods

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with?  Massillon

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names)  Geno, AJ, David Pollack, Odell Thurman

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college?  Dartmouth

15.) What was the name of our old practice field?  Spinney Field

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals?  Greg Cook :-(

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q.  Got me there.  Do I get half credit for Quan Cosby?

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college?  Western Carolina

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard?  Brad Johanson

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's.  Carl Pickens & Darnay Scott
Reply/Quote
Jeez 12/20. I suck.
Reply/Quote
Got em all right except bratkowski. Couldn’t remember where he came from. Almost guessed garrison Hearst the year before Dillon 96 (Hearst) 97 (Dillon). Westbrook was here in 2002 not the 90’s. Great list, I need a life. Lol
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I guess any 4 of the 6 (are they more?) would have to be right.

Orson Charles off the top of my head. We love us some Georgia Bulldogs
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 07:38 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: Got em all right except bratkowski.  Couldn’t remember where he came from.  Almost guessed garrison Hearst the year before Dillon 96 (Hearst) 97 (Dillon).    Westbrook was here in 2002 not the 90’s.  Great list, I need a life.  Lol

Application rejected. You didn't play the game right. 

Reply/Quote

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind? TJ and Chad!  (that and "beavers"... Hilarious )

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's?:  Don't remember, but thought Lapham went to Syracuse.  He was 80s though

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident? Stanley Wilson.  Heartbreaking.  

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for? UTEP

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's? Harold Green?

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL? No idea.  Guessing BYU

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind?  That douchebag Sean Brewer or the real TE, Bob Trumpy

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for? WVU

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD? Gus Frerrotte? 

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior? Antonio Bryant.  Ugh.

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"? Mike Martin?

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with? Shit.  Massilon

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names) Geno, AJ, Boling, and the TE that never got much action...forget his name.  Old age.  Oh, Orson Charles!.  

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college? Dartmouth

15.) What was the name of our old practice field? Spinney

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals? Greg Cook

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q.  Jeff Query

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college? East Carolina

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard? Brad Imsohandsome

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's. Pickens and Scott.  Hated them both...classic assholes, but loved how they played...especially Pickens.  

Cool thread.  Thanks for the distraction from a lot of negativity.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So it appears I meesed up the Georgia question.  I completely forgot about Boling, and honestly I didn't even know Shawn Williams went there.

And Orson Charles!  How did I forget Pollack???  Damn, what could have been.  Where did Thurman go?  Wasn't it also Georgia?
Reply/Quote
So I don't know the "I'm so handsome" reference that a couple people have mentioned with Brad Johanson. Can someone fill me in?
Reply/Quote
I think it might be kind of cool if a different poster each day or so posted their own trivia thread. I'm not sure if people would want to take the time to do it but it may be kind of a fun way to pass the time. (Fwiw, this only took about 5 minutes. You can just post whatever you already know that comes to mind without doing any research.)

Just a thought.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 06:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So it appears I meesed up the Georgia question.  I completely forgot about Boling, and honestly I didn't even know Shawn Williams went there.

i remember the shawn williams pick... Cause i wanted Rambo.. (mainly for the jersey lol) 

but...  Draft Selection time

Right School
Right Position

WHO!!!!  lol
(my reaction at the time)
Reply/Quote
What was the name of the DE in the infamous Mike brown on hard knocks moment.. The one he wanted to see if he could fill in at TE...

Bonus for what team he came from and returned to (same team)

Name a Player they Traded away and resigned 6 months later...
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's super boring this time of year, and it seems like many of us are just running in circles in older threads so I thought I'd try to start a trivia thread.

These questions are just going to be off of the top of my head just to keep it to where I think they're not impossible and to save me from a bunch of research. I'm going to try to word some of them in a way that isn't easily googleable (not sure if this is a word). Some of course you will be able to look up, or research but let's all try to abide by the honor system; no cheating.

Chad and TJ.

Tuten

Stanley Wilson

Nobody knows...

Garrison Hearst

William and Mary

Me.

West Virginia

Michael Westbrook

Dan Ross

Elder? I don't live in Cincinnati... Points for know A school.

Pollack, Geno, Shawn Williams, drawing a blank.

Sisters of the Poor

The Gravel Pit?

Literally all of 'em

Jalen Quincy... Fake it til you make it.

Pretty sure he just appeared in the NFL in 1994

How quickly we forget... I can still here his voice too.

Carl Pickens... Darnay was no slouch either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote