Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes?
Kat Terrell did a nice write-up about the decisions the Bengals will have to make on there upcoming free agents -
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/31030

How about you? Which players would you keep? Which would you let walk?

TE Tyler Eifert
TE CJ Uzomah
TE Tyler Kroft
T Cedric Ogbuehi
T Jake Fisher
T Bobby Hart
T Andre Smith
QB Tom Savage
DE Michael Johnson
DE Kasim Edebali
LB Preston Brown
LB Vinny Rey
CB Darqueze Dennard

TE Matt Lengel (RFA)
DT Adolphus Washington (RFA)
Reply/Quote
Eifert
Uzomah
Washington
Dennard
stay...

everybody else is gone
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Eifert
Uzomah
Washington
Dennard
stay...

everybody else is gone

I'm adding Kroft to your list because I'm a Rutgers fan. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Eifert
Uzomah
Washington
Dennard
stay...

everybody else is gone

I agree. Eifert on a contract with active per game bonuses. Dennard for half what he made this season.

But if Marvin is back we add Johnson and Rey because of their veteran leadership  
Sick
Reply/Quote
Dennard, UZ, Fisher, and Andre Smith.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Dennard, Eifert, Andre Smith, Uzi, Kroft stay.
Reply/Quote
No reason to sign Eifert, if we do it should be by the minute played not by the games played. Simply not reliable
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Smith, Uzomah, Dennard.
Reply/Quote
A. Smith
Kroft
Uzomah

The rest - bye bye
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Kat Terrell did a nice write-up about the decisions the Bengals will have to make on there upcoming free agents -

TE Tyler Eifert
TE CJ Uzomah
TE Tyler Kroft
T Cedric Ogbuehi
T Jake Fisher
T Bobby Hart
T Andre Smith
QB Tom Savage
DE Michael Johnson
DE Kasim Edebali
LB Preston Brown
LB Vinny Rey
CB Darqueze Dennard

TE Matt Lengel (RFA)
As I said in my thread on this earlier today, they should all go.  Send a message that Last Place is not accepted.  Time to blow this up and rebuild.  They would open up roster spots and free up over 30 million to get better players that these slugs. That thread was Could Be Last Game For These Bengals.

I don't want any of them back. If there is a list of players we can trade or cut and it's won't go against salary cap, we need to dive into that list and unload those players also. This team needs major changes. All new head coach and coaches. All new players.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 03:01 PM)kevin Wrote: As I said in my thread on this earlier today, they should all go.  Send a message that Last Place is not accepted.  Time to blow thus up and rebuild.  They would open up roster spots and free up over 30 million for the Brown family to pocket.

Fixed your post
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Eifert
Uzomah
Washington
Dennard
Kroft
Smith
Reply/Quote
Eifert would be that classic case you let him walk and a team like Cowboys or Saints sign him and he just puts up 600 yds and 9 TDs
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Kat Terrell did a nice write-up about the decisions the Bengals will have to make on there upcoming free agents -

TE Tyler Eifert
TE CJ Uzomah
TE Tyler Kroft
T Cedric Ogbuehi
T Jake Fisher
T Bobby Hart
T Andre Smith
QB Tom Savage
DE Michael Johnson
DE Kasim Edebali
LB Preston Brown
LB Vinny Rey
CB Darqueze Dennard

TE Matt Lengel (RFA)

There's actually no "must sign" on the list. But if I were to assign a priority; I'd go after DD if the price is right and the look at Tyler Kroft. The rest...meh
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Why is everyone keeping Smith? I only keep him if its at G and even then, I don't think we need a G.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm out on Eiffert at this point because the whole idea of counting on him in any fashion just hasn't panned out. I think Uzomah can be a solid TE2 low end TE1 when healthy and with other weapons healthy. Rookie TE's tend to struggle early so having him as the stop gap could be nice.

I think Dennard is a must resign because corners are at a premium in the league in general. I feel like he and WJ3 both have benefited the last couple weeks of playing more straight press man. I think Dennard should get a crack on the outside and Dre's money could be rolled over with little dead money.

Redmond and Hopkins should be resigned if for nothing else depth. I think Hopkins can be an average starter in this league and as Katherine points out Redmond is still really young.

I'd bring Bobby Hart back as well on a vet minimum deal as a camp body that if injuries take a toll around the league could (don't laugh) be good trade bait for a late round pick.
Reply/Quote

TE Tyler Eifert
TE CJ Uzomah
TE Tyler Kroft
T Cedric Ogbuehi
T Jake Fisher
T Bobby Hart
T Andre Smith
QB Tom Savage
DE Michael Johnson
DE Kasim Edebali
LB Preston Brown
LB Vinny Rey
CB Darqueze Dennard

TE Matt Lengel (RFA)

I would do the 1 year RFA tender on Lengel and Washington.  I would try to work a 1 year incentive based deal with Eifert.  I would consider resigning Brown on the cheap if we were cutting/retiring Burfict.  That's basically it unless I need depth at a position after the draft and they're still out on the street.
Reply/Quote
Kroft as a backup. That's it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think I would keep both Kroft and Uzomah. Both have show enough promise to warrant keeping them, IMO. As much as I like Eifert, it just seems like it's time for move on for him and the team. 

If they feel that Andre has another year in him, I wouldn't mind him returning for depth, and on a vet minimum deal.

Dennard is still a question mark for me. If they can get for a decent value, I would be OK bringing him back.

Other than that, I would let everyone else walk, including the 2 RFA's who aren't worth the two round tender amount.
Reply/Quote
I would also bring back Preston Brown. He severely sprained his ankle in the first quarter of game 1. After missing multiple games he only played in 5 1/2 more before injuring his knee in part because the ankle was still messed up. I would be willing to give him another year as long as we bring in real competition for the spots

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote