Poll: Game Ball
Andy
Auden
Carlos
Sam
Kevin
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Jets Game, Game Ball
Zac Taylor, for getting his first win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gotta go Big Los....with a nod to Andy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AD and Carlos should share since AD had 2 TD's dropped today.

But I voted Carlos, nice to see he cans still play

I want Chase Young opposite him for next few years

With your exact same logic (no need to scroll further), I chose Dalton.  The two franchise records are nice, but it was his approach and how he came out on fire.  Very cool for him to give coach Taylor the other game ball.  He is a first class dude.  

I want Chase Young opposite Hubbard and Lawson...I am ready to get what we can for Dunlap.  That being said, he also had a great game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 08:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Zac Taylor, for getting his first win.

He needed it badly. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: He needed it badly. 

We needed it badly as well.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon gave his game ball to Frank Pollack.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/02/joe-mixon-gave-game-ball-jets-frank-pollack/?fbclid=IwAR0KBQGbZlEmdcAARl7UT7wGtC2LCTbvTR8Ozg1Kph2MQsxtjSrGsFvPQZ0

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 08:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Joe Mixon gave his game ball to Frank Pollack.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/02/joe-mixon-gave-game-ball-jets-frank-pollack/?fbclid=IwAR0KBQGbZlEmdcAARl7UT7wGtC2LCTbvTR8Ozg1Kph2MQsxtjSrGsFvPQZ0

Admiration for Frank, or a slap to the face for Turner?  A little of both I'd presume.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I thought John Witherspoon died?  Maybe he's been hiding in the Bengals locker room until they win like that guy on his roof top?

[Image: th?id=OIP.VUk5NYpBtGu8okpjozWA2wHaEK&pid...=305&h=172]
[Image: tumblr_mo253s4TNf1qbtzbno4_250.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Tie between Andy and Kevin. Andy of course did well and threw that fantastic TD pass. Kevin had several good punts including one that led more or less directly to the safety. That safety took whatever steam the Jets had at that point.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:10 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Andy, not even close.

Why? Because if Finley played, this thread & poll wouldn't be happening.

Any other season though ,Carlos for sure.

Was about to post just this.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 09:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Admiration for Frank, or a slap to the face for Turner?  A little of both I'd presume.

Not sure it could be taken any other way. I've never heard of such a thing in my life.

I'd go all-in on Mixon being ghost as soon as his contract is up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to grade CB play here due to a lack of available stats, but I thought that WJ3 played an outstanding game. I don't know if it really competes with 11 pressures, but the secondary showed some great effort.
Reply/Quote
I have to give it to Zac Taylor.

That's something coming from me, I actually said Zac Taylor may be more cutout to be a used car salesman than NFL head coach at one point this year.

I understand why he felt he had to make the move he did by benching Dalton, but I felt like starting Finley was a mistake.

Most coaches probably don't go back to the guy that they had just benched on their B-day, that would normally end any kind of player/coach relationship you had for good.

He tailored, no pun intended, his offensive play calling a little bit to be more balanced.

He ran Mixon 19 times, for 44 yards and a TD. That was against the 1st ranked rush defense. He ran Mixon just enough to keep the defense honest, as they say.

But there was a time earlier in the year, Zac would of ran Mixon 7 times and had Andy throw it 55 times and got him sacked 6 times.

Which would of wore out our defense and lost us the game.

Andy Dalton threw that ball with as much conviction and zip as I've seen him throw with since 2015, but the O-line gave him time as well.

But it was Zac's decision to admit a mistake and put him back in. So he deserves that game ball, it was well earned.

Most coaches don't do that.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 09:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Admiration for Frank, or a slap to the face for Turner?  A little of both I'd presume.

Definitely a little of both. But also many times people don't always know what they have til they're gone.

This is what I see, Pollack is a better OL coach than Turner, but he's not Zac's friend.  Yes yes, we can all point out how bad the Jets OL is, but it's rather obvious how our OL has regressed since Pollack left.  Coaches can only do so much with what they have and the Jets OL wasn't exactly on fire the year before. The Jets will address their OL issues this year during both FA and Draft, they are a team that doesn't sit still and take what comes their way. Not saying their approach always works, but Mosley has been out for most of the year and that hurt the defense. Injuries can happen to any player, but when it's a superstar, it's harder to overcome.

People also forget that it was Pollack that wanted out. and by the time he was released their wasn't exactly many jobs available for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 01:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Definitely a little of both. But also many times people don't always know what they have til they're gone.

This is what I see, Pollack is a better OL coach than Turner, but he's not Zac's friend.  Yes yes, we can all point out how bad the Jets OL is, but it's rather obvious how our OL has regressed since Pollack left.  Coaches can only do so much with what they have and the Jets OL wasn't exactly on fire the year before. The Jets will address their OL issues this year during both FA and Draft, they are a team that doesn't sit still and take what comes their way. Not saying their approach always works, but Mosley has been out for most of the year and that hurt the defense. Injuries can happen to any player, but when it's a superstar, it's harder to overcome.

You say the first bolded then defend with the second but fail to point out that Turner is working with less than what Pollack was working with in 2018. Also Pollack's Free agent signing and first round pick were awful. I know you can point to Turner keeping Hart but I believe that was more front office after Troy's quote of "Who else is gonna play RT?".

I'm giving Turner the benefit of the doubt because of the talent he was given. Now if Jonah Williams looks like price, Michael Jordan fails to take a step forward in his second year, and fail to address the RT spot I'll be on the fire Turner train with everyone else.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:44 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: But it was Zac's decision to admit a mistake and put him back in. So he deserves that game ball, it was well earned.

We sure about that?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:44 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I have to give it to Zac Taylor.

That's something coming from me, I actually said Zac Taylor may be more cutout to be a used car salesman than NFL head coach at one point this year.

I understand why he felt he had to make the move he did by benching Dalton, but I felt like starting Finley was a mistake.

Most coaches probably don't go back to the guy that they had just benched on their B-day, that would normally end any kind of player/coach relationship you had for good.

He tailored, no pun intended, his offensive play calling a little bit to be more balanced.

He ran Mixon 19 times, for 44 yards and a TD. That was against the 1st ranked rush defense. He ran Mixon just enough to keep the defense honest, as they say.

But there was a time earlier in the year, Zac would of ran Mixon 7 times and had Andy throw it 55 times and got him sacked 6 times.

Andy Dalton threw that ball with as much conviction and zip as I've seen him throw with since 2015, but the O-line gave him time as well.

But it was Zac's decision to admit a mistake and put him back in. So he deserves that game ball, it was well earned.

Was going to go with Dalton but you talked me into Taylor TBM. Was very good playcalling in this game and Zac admitted
a wrong and went back to Dalton and it helped Dalton it seemed a lot. Running the ball even when it is going to be hard is 
something a lot of Playcallers wouldn't do but Zac kept it up and it shown that he is growing in his job.

Dunlap won the DPOW and he deserved it but without Taylor starting Dalton we wouldn't of won this game pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:44 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I have to give it to Zac Taylor.

Honestly, I feel like Bengals management made the decision to put Andy in. And I suspect they told Taylor 0-16 and you're fired.

Taylor in a press conference after the game said they were sticking with Finley...and that 3 games isn't enough time to evaluate a QB. Then, the next day...Andy was the starter.

So, I think he would have kept Finley IF it was solely his call.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: You say the first bolded then defend with the second but fail to point out that Turner is working with less than what Pollack was working with in 2018. Also Pollack's Free agent signing and first round pick were awful. I know you can point to Turner keeping Hart but I believe that was more front office after Troy's quote of "Who else is gonna play RT?".

I'm giving Turner the benefit of the doubt because of the talent he was given. Now if Jonah Williams looks like price, Michael Jordan fails to take a step forward in his second year, and fail to address the RT spot I'll be on the fire Turner train with everyone else.

Aside from Boling last year, it was basically the same line as far as talent goes. And that line blocked well for Mixon.

Who was the Jets OL FA signing? Reserves/Depth was all I see.

Jets drafted Quinnen Williams DT in round 1. Did you mean Chuma Edoga in Rd 3?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 04:49 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Aside from Boling last year, it was basically the same line as far as talent goes. And that line blocked well for Mixon.

Who was the Jets OL FA signing? Reserves/Depth was all I see.

Jets drafted Quinnen Williams DT in round 1. Did you mean Chuma Edoga in Rd 3?

I'm talking about the guys a Pollack vetted for the Bengals in 2018. Price and Hart. Also the line was not basically the same 3 out of the 5 positions were different to start the year. Two downgraded with RG a slight upgrade.

I say give Turner a shot Andre Smith to start the year at Left Tackle and their best offensive linemen replaces by a 4th round rookie after he retires...and of course the Front Office with their "Who else is gonna play RT?" Line. It was not gonna be pretty whoever was coaching.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote