Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals @ Jets predictions
I can't predict because I have no idea what Bengals team is going to show up.

If the Flat and Just Not With It Bengals show up, The Jets will clobber them in New York. Then at 0-3, we really will have something to complain and moan about. For 0-3 teams do not go play-offs.

So if the Bengals flub around the first half as they often do, they will lose. If the O Line is still in preseason mode, they will lose.

This is starting to look like the Rocky 3 movie, where Rocky didn't train hard and Mister T punched his lights out. Of course Rocky wakes up and get's it together at movies end, But Will The Bengals ???

Really, if the Bengals are going half hearted in practice this week, they will lose. It's time to knock off the interviews and hit the old dusty trail of Hard Practices.

URGENCY. It better be there. 0-3 and you can stick a fork in the Bengals, they are done. There better be some URGENCY.

I have news for everybody. At New York is NOT an easy game. The Bengals proved that losing there last year and most years Bengals have played At New York.

The Bengals better find themselves and fast, because this team flubbing around is NOT last years play-off team. We need the play-off Bengals to show up if they want to win on the road and avoid 0-3 start.

The Jets could kick them up and down the field. I just hope that doesn't happen. GO BENGALS and WIN Sunday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My heart says Bengals beat the Jets.
If they don't, it's going to be REALLY hard thinking there's any shot at the playoffs, which will also make me not care about watching them.
Their pass rush has some solid players (Quinnen Williams, Lawson, Solomon Thomas, Franklin-Myers, Rankins) but it's not overly scary.
If this OL can't handle them, there's not much hope the rest of the season.

they have given up 3rd most points in AFC after 2 games with just 2 sacks.. this game is setup for Burrow to have a big game even if we get pressure, he did it last year but as i stated in a thread, it has been too long since he had a big game.. this is the week he does it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In the past I have never predicted because I am really lousy at it and my guesses tend to lose. I wrongly chose to make a prediction the last two weeks and we know what happened. I am sorry I threw caution to the wind and hereby declare I will never predict again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:03 PM)pally Wrote: In the past I have never predicted because I am really lousy at it and my guesses tend to lose. I wrongly chose to make a prediction the last two weeks and we know what happened. I am sorry I threw caution to the wind and hereby declare I will never predict again

This is exactly where I’m at at this point! Gettin’ reeeeeeeaaaal tired of the taste of my own foot!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 01:03 PM)pally Wrote: In the past I have never predicted because I am really lousy at it and my guesses tend to lose. I wrongly chose to make a prediction the last two weeks and we know what happened.  I am sorry I threw caution to the wind and hereby declare I will never predict again

Is that a prediction? Sounds like one to me.. LOL

I'll predict that before the first quarter is half way over the game day thread will look like the Russian army, the Chinese army, Canadian army and Mexican cartels are all massing on our borders..and none of our nuclear weapons work anymore. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:44 AM)ChaseThis Wrote: I want us to win. We should win. It's a must win if we truly have playoff aspirations.

I have no faith in us to win.

If our offense rolls out the same game plan,they will be looking at another loss.Play action plays MUST be part of the play calling.Remember the jets are super hungry and those fans are NUTS. Its going to be a monster challenge to pull off. This is going to come down to a field goal.Without a different approach to the play calling and this line holding up its going to be a long long day. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 12:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: they have given up 3rd most points in AFC after 2 games with just 2 sacks.. this game is setup for Burrow to have a big game even if we get pressure, he did it last year but as i stated in a thread, it has been too long since he had a big game.. this is the week he does it

Could be, but the Jets are showing they can put up points now too.

Hopefully the Bengals get up early and don't let the Jets catch up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jets win 22-20.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals’ offense will score 17 points at most but the defense steps up and holds the Jets to 13.

Cincinnati 17
New York 13
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31 - 20
Reply/Quote
The Jets beat The Browns and The Browns just beat The Steelers who beat The Bengals.

Prediction : Bengals better Wake the Heck Up, or they are going to end up 0-3.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:34 AM)R3stangs Wrote: 0-3. I don't have the energy to explain why I think this.

I agree. This will be a 3-13 season. Last year was a fluke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Jets have a pretty strong offense, but Bengals are finally facing a completely immobile QB. This is strength on strength. Our secondary needs to be at their best and I bet we see more Dax Hill if the Bengals can force them in to some third and long down and distances.

Jets defense is suspect. I think Taylor and Co should lean heavy on the run game to slow the pass rush and help settle the offensive line.

I think the Bengals offense gets going and wins this one 30-21
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-16
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to predict a final score or a winner, but I just have a feeling we're going to see our offense finally explode (may not happen til the 2nd half, but I just feel it's going to happen). However, I also get the feeling that the defense will let us down somewhat so the game will still be close, just a higher score than what we've seen so far this season in Bengals games.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My prediction is I will be drunk by halftime

Sent from my BE2015 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Jets win because that would complete the sweep of the Bengals losing to the teams of fanbases whom I interact with a lot. Seriously, I penciled this in as a loss before the season started and God hates me.

That said, I think the Jets will successfully run the ball with Michael Carter, whom I think is vastly underrated, and Breece Hall. Flacco won’t do anything stupid and will be able to use the run to his advantage and make some nice plays in the passing game. The Jets will own time of possession and win 24-20. Burrow will get sacked “only” 3 times and have a pretty decent game. He just won’t have enough opportunities to put them over the top.
Reply/Quote
I predict it will be fun watching Sauce out there against these receivers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 03:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I predict it will be fun watching Sauce out there against these receivers.

If this means Apple Sauce.  The Bengals team has looked bad so far, so I hate to point out just Apple.  However I've noticed he has made these back-up QBs early on look like Tom Brady, Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana rolled into one.  The area of the field getting picked apart is wherever Apple is.  These not so good QBs only have to throw in the direction of Apple to look like great QBs and light up the Bengals Defense. This is what I have seen watching first 2 games.  I had said Apple was not that bad last year to fans on here knocking him. However so far in 2022 he has been Worse than Awful. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is a team that the Bengal's should beat. if the defense comes in with the same game plan as last year the jets will run and dink the ball down the field. if the offense doesn't get it going this is going to be a long game. watching the browns and jets on Sunday i found myself saying the jets are very AFC north. They were hard running and a scrappy defense. The Bengals will win 20-17 but i am not confident about it.
Reply/Quote