Rush O: 23
Pass O: 10
Scoring O: 9

Total D: 18
Rush D: 9
Pass D: 22
Scoring D: 12

Turnover +/-: 24t

Bengals were 5 overall in Defense earlier and now at 18. If they don't change things drastically will be bottom 5 by years end ....yet again..
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: Total O: 14
Rush O: 23
Pass O: 10
Scoring O: 9

Total D: 18
Rush D: 9
Pass D: 22
Scoring D: 12

Turnover +/-: 24t

Bengals were 5 overall in Defense earlier and now at 18. If they don't change things drastically will be bottom 5 by years end ....yet again..

Just goes to show how bad the defense truly has been over the past 2 games to drop 13 spots in the rankings.  

Sure doesn't show the $200M investment the team made in the defense. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:25 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Just goes to show how bad the defense truly has been over the past 2 games to drop 13 spots in the rankings.  

Shows what happens when you retain a shit DC for a 3rd year..
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:25 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Just goes to show how bad the defense truly has been over the past 2 games to drop 13 spots in the rankings.  

Exactly...and if the defense isn't good with all that money spent, Lou should be out. I always thought it was a terrible hire, but I'm willing to see how this plays out for the last 8 games. These 2 weeks have been pretty inexcusable though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We also though we would have a top 10 Offense with our weapons and we are sitting 14th and trending down it seems. especially in the turnover column
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We also though we would have a top 10 Offense with our weapons and we are sitting 14th and trending down it seems. especially in the turnover column

Yes, and the running game is 23rd thanks to this OL. Where are the posters that were swearing by we did enough to fix this OL this offseason? I hear crickets on that front now after giving everyone a hard time that thought it wasn't close to enough.... this OL doesn't even have enough to push its own stool when it comes to 3rd and short running attacks...
Reply/Quote
I was happy they were playing so disciplined for the first seven games but said a long time ago, a zone can easily be exposed by a good QB and a smart WR. I'm also almost never in favor of a three man D-line, especially when they're weak at LB. They're much better at LB this year but pretty much EVERYONE on D had a hand in losing these last two games. Jessie Bates is probably seriously regretting not signing a deal before this season.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 06:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes, and the running game is 23rd thanks to this OL. Where are the posters that were swearing by we did enough to fix this OL this offseason? I hear crickets on that front now after giving everyone a hard time that thought it wasn't close to enough.... this OL doesn't even have enough to push its own stool when it comes to 3rd and short running attacks...
Well many said Pollack hire was a big part of fixing line, so far that assertion is not holding much water.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well many said Pollack hire was a big part of fixing line, so far that assertion is not holding much water.

I agree, I remember saying in other threads back in the offseason "You can't polish a turd" when it came to Frank Pollock fixing the line.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:08 PM)GodFather Wrote: I agree, I remember saying in other threads back in the offseason "You can't polish a turd" when it came to Frank Pollock fixing the line.

And since Dallas days not like Pollack has done much to be honest.
Reply/Quote
This team would not have a winning record right now without Pollack. Most of the issues on the OL have come from Hopkins not being right coming off the injury, and having no stability at RG. It’s been a night and day difference from last season though when guys literally weren’t picking up stunts and had no clue who to block half the time. No one said he was going to “fix everything.” Some just knew he’d make a big difference over the horrendous coaching we’ve had the last couple years, and he has.

Reply/Quote
I agree no one said Frank Pollack alone was enough.

That said, I remember a lot of people thinking Reiff + Carman + Pollack was enough.

If that's not the case, who was I fighting with all offseason? Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Bengals DC job is a little more desirable now and they wouldn’t have to settle. Of course Zac would still be the boss so that may scare more than a few away.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree no one said Frank Pollack alone was enough.

That said, I remember a lot of people thinking Reiff + Carman + Pollack was enough.

If that's not the case, who was I fighting with all offseason? Mellow

Carman has been somewhat disappointing so far, but otoh nobody gave them any credit for bringing Spain back, and he’s been great.

And the FO definitely screwed Pollack by saddling him with literally the worst starting Center in the league. Hopkins should have never been counted on to be ready.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This team would not have a winning record right now without Pollack. Most of the issues on the OL have come from Hopkins not being right coming off the injury, and having no stability at RG. It’s been a night and day difference from last season though when guys literally weren’t picking up stunts and had no clue who to block half the time. No one said he was going to “fix everything.” Some just knew he’d make a big difference over the horrendous coaching we’ve had the last couple years, and he has.

Rieff, a healthy Williams, and a full off season Spain have helped tremendously as well. Offensive Line has been moderately impressive this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well many said Pollack hire was a big part of fixing line, so far that assertion is not holding much water.
 As usual WTF are you talking about? The offensive Line has been much better than last season.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Carman has been somewhat disappointing so far, but otoh nobody gave them any credit for bringing Spain back, and he’s been great.

And the FO definitely screwed Pollack by saddling him with literally the worst starting Center in the league. Hopkins should have never been counted on to be ready.

you were counting on him though. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:34 AM)J24 Wrote:  As usual WTF are you talking about? The offensive Line has been much better than last season.

By what metric has the line been ‘much’ better?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This team would not have a winning record right now without Pollack. Most of the issues on the OL have come from Hopkins not being right coming off the injury, and having no stability at RG. It’s been a night and day difference from last season though when guys literally weren’t picking up stunts and had no clue who to block half the time. No one said he was going to “fix everything.” Some just knew he’d make a big difference over the horrendous coaching we’ve had the last couple years, and he has.
You must have a lowe bar for big difference we are on pace for 48 sacks, we rank 22nd in league, 23rd in league in rushing , I dont see that as a glowing difference especially with getting Reiff and 2nd round pick..
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:39 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: By what metric has the line been ‘much’ better?

Wins and loss metric, PFF,  and Joe Mixon YPA all show the line is a lot better this year vs last.
 I'm sure that you will point out sacks and pressures are not that much different but that has a lot to do with Burrow holding on to the ball.
J24

Reply/Quote