Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Media Lunch aka Mock Turtle Soup Day
Dabo Swinney would not have had Carman on their team if he’d raped a girl.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: He admitted to sleeping with a 15 year old child.

That's the equivalent of a senior in high school dating a sophomore. This happens in the USA literally every day. Seniors date freshmen as well and the age gap there is even wider. The idea that a 15 year old and an 18 year old dating is out of bounds, I just cannot get behind.

The allegations came out way after the relationship/alleged assault took place (2+ years, to be exact).... literally right before the draft. Facts: Girl went out w Carman a handful of times after a txtual relationship, things went too far (she decided after it happened), she saw he was about to become wealthy, she asked for cash... got none... cried rape.

Nothing more to this than the above ^ GOING BY EVIDENCE, TIMELINE, AND REPORTS. Clemson police and a county investigetor investigated this for 5 months and found nothing to charge Carman with. There were holes and incinsistancies in the girl's story as well as holes in witness accounts from her friends, whom she claimed she told immediately after.

I just don't see this as anythjng more than guy and girl (maybe) went too far, girl had regrets.... Only, 2 years later she starts telling people she was raped and decides to report it to the police in an effort to "protect her friend" (her words, not mine) who had recently started dating Carman.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not against the law for an 18-year-old to have sex with a 15-year-old in South Carolina.

Fifteen is not a "child".  In many states it is legal to get married at age 15.

Actually it can be against the law without consent of parents, i believe that is how SC law reads, samr with underage marriage
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, he is not.  The issue was investigated, and he was never even charged.

You sound like a Clowns fan defending Watson.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Dabo Swinney would not have had Carman on their team if he’d raped a girl.

I think you underestimate the scummyness of college football coaches. 

Urban Meyer at Florida literally had guys on his team that murdered other people. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 04:49 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: You sound like a Clowns fan defending Watson.  

No.  I just work in the criminal justice system so I know that not everyone accused of a crime actually committed one.

You sound like part of the mob that wanted the Duke Lacross team lynched for raping Crystal Mangum.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 04:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually it can be against the law without consent of parents, i believe that is how SC law reads, samr with underage marriage

15-year-old needs parental consent to get married.  But an 18-year-old does not need consent from the 15-year-olds parents to have sex.

Every state has an age difference built into the statutory rape laws.  It is sometimes called the "Romeo and Juliet" rule.  It acknowledges that it should not be a crime for an 18-year-old to have consensual sex with someone very close in age.
Reply/Quote
Being as this has turned into Carman macking on the youngsters thread. Does anyone remember the OT who slept with his sister? Tony Brown?? Supposedly he was very talented but no one would touch him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 04:24 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's the equivalent of a senior in high school dating a sophomore. This happens in the USA literally every day. Seniors date freshmen as well and the age gap there is even wider. The idea that a 15 year old and an 18 year old dating is out of bounds, I just cannot get behind.

The allegations came out way after the relationship/alleged assault took place (2+ years, to be exact).... literally right before the draft. Facts: Girl went out w Carman a handful of times after a txtual relationship, things went too far (she decided after it happened), she saw he was about to become wealthy, she asked for cash... got none... cried rape.

Nothing more to this than the above ^ GOING BY EVIDENCE, TIMELINE, AND REPORTS. Clemson police and a county investigetor investigated this for 5 months and found nothing to charge Carman with. There were holes and incinsistancies in the girl's story as well as holes in witness accounts from her friends, whom she claimed she told immediately after.

I just don't see this as anythjng more than guy and girl (maybe) went too far, girl had regrets.... Only, 2 years later she starts telling people she was raped and decides to report it to the police in an effort to "protect her friend" (her words, not mine) who had recently started dating Carman.

Never accused him of being a rapist but an 18 year old star footballer sleeping with a 15 year old girl is kiddy fiddling.

Now I guess it’s not like the movies in high school over there where you all drink from red plastic cups and bang the cheerleaders but surely the guy could find a girl his own age or at least one old enough for legal consent.

It’s 16 over here and if a guy who was 18 brought his 15 year old girlfriend in to a bar he wouldn’t be able to take a sip of his pint before getting thrown through the window.

The organisation going on about character and judgement and then they’ve got a mediocre lineman with a knackered back who has a fetish for girls who still carry around a Dora the explorer rucksack seems too much of an effort for me.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes I hate these boards so much.

Literally this thread has been derailed into a moral argument about an 18 year old sleeping with a 15 year old.

Maybe its not just these boards, its the world we live in in general. Why does everything have to be such a damn debate?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 05:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The organisation going on about character and judgement and then they’ve got a mediocre lineman with a knackered back who has a fetish for girls who still carry around a Dora the explorer rucksack seems too much of an effort for me.

It seems like a problem to you just based on your own personal opinions and bias.

But as I have explained to you before the NFL does not make it's rules based on the feelings of BengalsLUFC.  And I don't know where "over here" is, but the laws in pretty much every industrialized country recognizes that it is not against the law for an 18-year-old to have sex with a person close in age.

The fact that you believe that 15-year-olds carry Dora backpacks proves how out of touch with reality you are.  So while you are entitled to your own opinion, that does not mean everyone else has to live by it.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 05:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Never accused him of being a rapist but an 18 year old star footballer sleeping with a 15 year old girl is kiddy fiddling.

Now I guess it’s not like the movies in high school over there where you all drink from red plastic cups and bang the cheerleaders but surely the guy could find a girl his own age or at least one old enough for legal consent.

It’s 16 over here and if a guy who was 18 brought his 15 year old girlfriend in to a bar he wouldn’t be able to take a sip of his pint before getting thrown through the window.

The organisation going on about character and judgement and then they’ve got a mediocre lineman with a knackered back who has a fetish for girls who still carry around a Dora the explorer rucksack seems too much of an effort for me
An 18-year-old hardly has a "fetish for girls who still carry around Dora the Explorer rucksack" when he goes out with someone 15.  At those ages, they are going out with a classmate...a peer.  That is the reason Romeo and Juliet laws exist.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fifteen is not a "child".  In many states it is legal to get married at age 15.

If anyone thinks a 15 year old is not a child, either doesn't have kids or never been around them. 

That's ridiculous...
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 05:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I just work in the criminal justice system so I know that not everyone accused of a crime actually committed one.

You sound like part of the mob that wanted the Duke Lacross team lynched for raping Crystal Mangum.

Except you sound just like Clowns fans defending Watson.  And exactly how do I come across sounding like the Duke Lacrosse mob? Literally the only comment I've made in this thread is comparing yourself to Browns fans at the moment.    
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: If anyone thinks a 15 year old is not a child, either doesn't have kids or never been around them. 

That's ridiculous...

People who treat their 15-year-olds like "children" are the ones who end up with pregnant 15-year-old daughters hooked on drugs.  I know because i have a daughter in college right now.

Like I have already said.  There are thousands of 15-year-olds who are legally married in the United States.  They are not "children".
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: If anyone thinks a 15 year old is not a child, either doesn't have kids or never been around them. 

That's ridiculous...

yessir. this is getting pretty gross pretty fast.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who treat their 15-year-olds like "children" are the ones who end up with pregnant 15-year-old daughters hooked on drugs.  I know because i have a daughter in college right now.

Like I have already said.  There are thousands of 15-year-olds who are legally married in the United States.  They are not "children".

your creeping me out
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who treat their 15-year-olds like "children" are the ones who end up with pregnant 15-year-old daughters hooked on drugs.  I know because i have a daughter in college right now.

Wow

By same reckoning there are 12 year olds getting married in the Middle East that qualify as adults too?

Disturbing.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:03 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Except you sound just like Clowns fans defending Watson.  

No I don't.  I was making a comment about sex and teenagers.  The Watson case has nothing to do with underage sex.

(07-25-2022, 06:03 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: And exactly how do I come across sounding like the Duke Lacrosse mob?  

You are claiming Watson is guilty without any legitimate evidence the same way the Duke lacrosse players were labeled as guilty without any legitimate evidence.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Wow

By same reckoning there are 12 year olds getting married in the Middle East that qualify as adults too?

Disturbing.

I never said anything about 12-year-olds. Why are you changing the subject?  Oh, I know why.  You don't have any salient points to show that15-year-olds are "children".

18-year-olds are allowed to have sex with people close to their age in every state in this country.  If you find that "disturbing" then you are the extremist outlier, not me.

And the fact that you believe that 15-year-olds still carry Dora the Explorer backpacks explains it pretty well.
Reply/Quote