Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Media Lunch aka Mock Turtle Soup Day
(07-25-2022, 06:31 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: your creeping me out

Sorry that the truth creeps you out.

People who never have adult conversations with their 15-year-old sons and daughters about drugs and sex because they are "still children" are not good parents.
Reply/Quote
Can't we all just get along and go back to rating cheerleaders boobs n stuff? 
Yeah!  I went there!   Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry that the truth creeps you out.

People who never have adult conversations with their 15-year-old sons and daughters about drugs and sex because they are "still children" are not good parents.

You got that right.. I had those talks with my kids and even grandkids. They would expect nothing less..
Fred..you said drugs and sex.. What about rock and roll?  Sex, drugs and rock and roll!  I can just see the look on my kids faces if I bought that up again..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 05:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Never accused him of being a rapist but an 18 year old star footballer sleeping with a 15 year old girl is kiddy fiddling.

Now I guess it’s not like the movies in high school over there where you all drink from red plastic cups and bang the cheerleaders but surely the guy could find a girl his own age or at least one old enough for legal consent.

It’s 16 over here and if a guy who was 18 brought his 15 year old girlfriend in to a bar he wouldn’t be able to take a sip of his pint before getting thrown through the window.

The organisation going on about character and judgement and then they’ve got a mediocre lineman with a knackered back who has a fetish for girls who still carry around a Dora the explorer rucksack seems too much of an effort for me.

Oh, no no no, I didn't mean to insinuate that YOU called him a rapist or a predator or anything like that.

And I 100% understand your perspective. Personally, I'm with you on a lot of what you wrote. Not all, but a lot and I get the sentiment!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being as this has turned into Carman macking on the youngsters thread. Does anyone remember the OT who slept with his sister? Tony Brown?? Supposedly he was very talented but no one would touch him.

Well, no one but his own sister... know what I'm sayin? Ziiiiing!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Worst news is the New OL wont get to GEL at all

Someone is positive today...

As to the debate this has spiraled into, I was friends, colleagues and am relatives with a dozen people who went out with 18 year olds who when they were 15. All but two are married to those same people and one of them (my cousin) is the only one not married. Only my sister is divorced to the man she married.

I'm not saying they aren't kids or anything like that, but I also won't say that they ARE kids; they're teenagers and they're at an age where they should:

1. Know better and
2. Make proper decisions and if they can't, then there could be a multitude of reasons why.

If it truly was rape, then the guy should be rightfully arrested, prosecuted and jailed.

However, if it cannot be proven and the chick had a consensual relationship with Carman over an extended period of time and they were intimate more than once, then everyone needs to get off their high horse and just deal with the fact that we live in a world where high school kids do this shit.

Hell, I'm 4 years older than my wife and I took her on our first date just a month and a half before her 19th bday; I can PROMISE you I was more mature/heady when I was 15, than when she was 19.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think you underestimate the scummyness of college football coaches. 

Urban Meyer at Florida literally had guys on his team that murdered other people. 

Dabo is not scummy. Meyer is
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Sorry to go back on topic but I thought MB saying he listens to what his grand daughters tell him proves what everyone assumed. Elizabeth and her sister are the reason this team has a bubble, ring of honor, white helmets etc. Too bad they weren’t around earlier to speed up this process. It’s funny that this rich team owner is just another grand dad who can’t say no to his grandchildren although it has been beneficial to the team and us fans…
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Sorry to go back on topic but I thought MB saying he listens to what his grand daughters tell him proves what everyone assumed. Elizabeth and her sister are the reason this team has a bubble, ring of honor, white helmets etc. Too bad they weren’t around earlier to speed up this process. It’s funny that this rich team owner is just another grand dad who can’t say no to his grandchildren although it has been beneficial to the team and us fans…

Grandfathers pleasing their granddaughters…. Imagine that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s not illegal to piss in a swimming pool either but it’s still disgusting.

BTW if you can’t drive,vote drink or put a bet on you are a child.

He should not be with this club he should t even be in the NFL.

wait...did I miss something?  Was Carmen proven guilty of committing a crime?
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown said Bengals need more revenue for guaranteed money in contracts. That's why we are selling stadium naming rights.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mike Brown said Bengals need more revenue for guaranteed money in contracts. That's why we are selling  stadium naming rights.

and that his Dad would totally support the move

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: Today is the annual pre-camp media luncheon, where they will serve Mike Brown's (and no one elses) favorite mock turtle soup. We will hear from Zac and the coordinators, Duke, and Mike Brown.

Mike Brown:
- on the OL: “We’re aware of the shortfall there last year. Believe me.”
-naming rights: We’re exploring it. We’re in discussions. It’s a difficult move for me but my father always put one thing first: The football team.
Added that the revenue from the naming rights is what’s best for the team.

Darrin Simmons:
-Kevin Huber is officially on notice. There will be a punter competition and may the best man win
-Evan McPherson- focus is on kick offs both consistancy and nuance. He expects big improvement from year 1 to year 2
-PR/KR- Brandon Wilson is still the leader in the clubhouse for KR but is dependent on his kneee. Chris Evans is in the mix for KR as are the Trents The only way, according to Simmons, for Pooka Williams and Kwamie Lassiter to make the team is as punt returner

Lou Anarumo:
Bates: He is the type of guy who will be ready to play whenever he comes into camp/locker room
CB: Eli Apple is the starter until someone beats him by playing better
Playcalling: wants on field play caller to be authoritative. Dax Hill is improving in that respect
Zac:
injuries: expects Collins to be out with a back injury longer than Cappa with his core. The Vets will be "managed" throughout camp

Brian Callahan:
Burrow: needs to work on improving his contributions to the sack totals. He looks great and ready to go

Great stuff, Pally. Thank you.

Reading this I came away with one thought: re-sign Reiff. He’s the starting RT until Collins is healthy and he is probably the best starting option at LG if Collins is healthy as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mike Brown said Bengals need more revenue for guaranteed money in contracts. That's why we are selling  stadium naming rights.

Link?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Right? I really doubt he'd actually come out and say that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? I really doubt he'd actually come out and say that. 

He didn't say contracts or signing bonus specifically...he said cap

from The Athletic reporting from yesterday's media day

Quote:“It’s a time now where we need a revenue stream that will help us do such things as build the indoor facility,” Brown said. “It’ll help us perhaps handle the cap a little bit easier. We’re a small-market team. We need the revenue streams that we can obtain. The fact that about 30 teams have naming rights and a revenue stream from that and they have more revenue than we do to begin with. We have to do some things just to keep up.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are claiming Watson is guilty without any legitimate evidence the same way the Duke lacrosse players were labeled as guilty without any legitimate evidence.

Care to point me to the post where I made such claims?    
Reply/Quote
I saw a brief clip where Mike Brown talked about retaining Burrow, Tee, Chase, AND Boyd. And that it will be a big challenge.

Interesting as I think in general, fans assume they won't keep all 3 WR's.

Mark Slaughter
@MarkVSlaughter
Mike Brown on Burrow contract: We're trying to prepare to find a way to keep Joe here, keep Chase here, keep Higgins here and keep Boyd here for example, it's gonna be a real challenge for us"
@WLWT
#Bengals #RuleTheJungle

https://twitter.com/MarkVSlaughter/status/1551639056152514562
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown likes the way Patrick Mahomes thinks about quarterback contracts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/26/mike-brown-likes-the-way-patrick-mahomes-thinks-about-quarterback-contracts/
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

"Well for me, of course, my father’s name has been up there and I think deservedly so. This is a move that I do think he would have agreed to," Brown said. "He was always for what’s best for the football team. It’s a time now where we need a revenue stream that will help us as do such things as build the indoor facility. It’ll help us perhaps handle the cap a little bit easier. We’re a small-market team. We need the revenue streams that we can obtain. The fact that about 30 teams have naming rights and a revenue stream from that and they have more revenue than we do to begin with. We have to do some things just to keep up. I don’t have anything to say about it as to what, when or how. When it comes time for an announcement, we’ll make an announcement."

Cincinnati Bengals Owner Mike Brown Discusses Potential Paul Brown Stadium Naming Rights Deal - Sports Illustrated Cincinnati Bengals News, Analysis and More
Reply/Quote