Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Met with Joe Mixon
1 of 4 teams to privately take a meeting with him.

In case you don't know, Mixon is the highly talented Oklahoma RB that likes to punch girls.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice...I don't think you can say "He likes to punch girls"...

Kid has admitted that he flat out made a mistake and has apologized for it..

I'm not saying he was right to do but lets not make him public enemy #1.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:46 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: Nice...I don't think you can say "He likes to punch girls"...

Kid has admitted that he flat out made a mistake and has apologized for it..

I'm not saying he was right to do but lets not make him public enemy #1.

I'm pretty sure I said it.

And where did I attempt to convey he was public enemy #1?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We need to stop bringing in players with off-the-field issues. The lack of discipline destroys the team.

After the playoff loss to Pittsburgh where the team imploded with 2 personal fouls on defense...you'd think we'd learn.

Yet the Bengals see a chance to get a potential 1st or 2nd Round talent in the 4th or 5th Round...and fans will be happy with it.

Any kid that has the impulse to punch a girl at a mall so hard that it shatters here face...has discipline and self-control issues.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to stop bringing in players with off-the-field issues. The lack of discipline destroys the team.

After the playoff loss to Pittsburgh where the team imploded with 2 personal fouls on defense...you'd think we'd learn.

Yet the Bengals see a chance to get a potential 1st or 2nd Round talent in the 4th or 5th Round...and fans will be happy with it.

Any kid that has the impulse to punch a girl at a mall so hard that it shatters here face...has discipline and self-control issues.

Yep agree 100%. I want nothing to do with this kid even if he goes undrafted. I thought the bengals learned their lesson with the way Marvin was talking about troubled players but maybe they haven't. These guys always seem enticing as a low risk high reward possibility but the truth is the risk is always high when you bring in players who can't control themselves 
Reply/Quote
Cool! Now the Bengals can get flagged for personal fouls on offense too!
Reply/Quote
I think it's funny, we took Jeremy Hill who had character red flags and people don't even think about it anymore (He punched a guy from behind in a bar fight and celebrated it), but with this guy we somehow don't want anything to do with him? The guy served his suspension, did his community service, didn't get in trouble again. He should get a second chance and a mid round pick is a low risk for the potential high reward he could be worth. People really don't realize how high a pick he would have been if not for that issue.
Reply/Quote
I do not object to redemption and giving someone a second chance

I do objet to giving someone multiple chances with no learning like Pacman.

The pacman you saw implode with ref against Pittsburgh is the same guy who goes off on cops when he is pulled over.

There is no way he should be on the team this season.

Lack of accountability is a trademark of the Bengals at so many levels.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's funny, we took Jeremy Hill who had character red flags and people don't even think about it anymore (He punched a guy from behind in a bar fight and celebrated it), but with this guy we somehow don't want anything to do with him? The guy served his suspension, did his community service, didn't get in trouble again. He should get a second chance and a mid round pick is a low risk for the potential high reward he could be worth. People really don't realize how high a pick he would have been if not for that issue.

I couldn't agree with this more. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's funny, we took Jeremy Hill who had character red flags and people don't even think about it anymore (He punched a guy from behind in a bar fight and celebrated it), but with this guy we somehow don't want anything to do with him? The guy served his suspension, did his community service, didn't get in trouble again. He should get a second chance and a mid round pick is a low risk for the potential high reward he could be worth. People really don't realize how high a pick he would have been if not for that issue.

I'm all for 2nd chances...but the Bengals organization and coaches have shown time and time again that they can't field a team with discipline.

Maybe if we had the organizational structure of the Patriots...this would work.

We've taken shortcut after shortcut with guys...and 0 wins in 26+ years.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm all for 2nd chances...but the Bengals organization and coaches have shown time and time again that they can't field a team with discipline.

Maybe if we had the organizational structure of the Patriots...this would work.

We've taken shortcut after shortcut with guys...and 0 wins in 26+ years.

I point to Hill and how it didn't really cause an issue there. One scout was quoted today saying there are guys at the top of this draft with far bigger character concerns than Mixon who just didn't get shown on video. As fans we really have no idea who all has character red flags, zeroing in on this guy is a knee jerk reaction. Lots of college athletes get away with a lot of bad things. This one actually got punished for it in public and in the legal system something most can't say they have dealt with.
Reply/Quote
I would take him in round 2, Mixon to me is the best running back in this draft. Obviously he's made some horrible decisions but he's worth the gamble in my opinion. In all honesty he's the player I want the most in this draft he's a special special talent
Reply/Quote
In terms of the Bengals constantly ignoring red flags to draft a good talent (keyword=draft), I don't think that's the case anymore. Their team isn't drafting a ton of red flag character guys like back in the mid-2000's.

I would hope that the Bengals don't take Mixon at 41 because I think there will be enough comparable talent still there without red flags. But in the third round, I can understand such a selection if the Bengals truly feel his off-field issues are behind him. We know he has good game tape and should post equally good agility in his pro day workout today.

I could definitely live with WR/DE in the first and second round then Mixon in the third.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Anybody can make a mistake once, and should not be punished for it for the rest of their lives. One incident does not a Pacman Jones make.... now, if he has future problems, then that's a different story. I hope they do being him in if they don't take Fournette or Cook because I want Hill out of here, we don't really know where Gio's knee is at, and we don't know if they will keep Rex.....
Reply/Quote
This guy has had multiple suspensions and they show he has a CLEAR lack of self control. The same issue that repeatedly has kept pacman from truly turning the corner and keeps him a constant liability to his team.

There are only 53 spots on an NFL roster, each one is valuable. It doesn't make sense to waste them on guys who have these types of issues. Why sign a player who has had multiple suspensions? Each game is important and if you miss games for being a hothead than you are hurting your team. Plus the atmosphere in the locker room matters greatly, there were reports of players being fed up with some of our trouble makers after the playoff game, let's not add more guys like that to the fuel the fire

Do you guys really want to be making excuses for the Steelers only beating us because player X was suspended for being an a**hat?

And like it or not, reputation affects everything in this league from the calls the refs make to whether or not the NFL hands down punishment for certain issues. I'd prefer the Bengals focus on drafting players who are good people as well as good players. We have 53 roster spots, 11 draft picks, each one is too valuable to waste on players who can't stay out of trouble. There are well over 300 draft eligible players, you don't need to reach for the character flag guys to make your team better, in reality they usually just make you worse.

Marvin has already said he can't keep babysitting these guys and appeared to have learned his lesson after all of these years. If we draft Mixon he clearly has not. This is a deep RB class so grab one who won't be a liability.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody can make a mistake once, and should not be punished for it for the rest of their lives. One incident does not a Pacman Jones make.... now, if he has future problems, then that's a different story. I hope they do being him in if they don't take Fournette or Cook because I want Hill out of here, we don't really know where Gio's knee is at, and we don't know if they will keep Rex.....

"The video shows Mixon punching Amelia Molitor, fracturing four bones in her face, during an altercation at a sandwich shop near Oklahoma's campus in Norman."

That's not a mistake that anyone can make once...a speeding ticket is for instance. Normal people don't punch female strangers.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: This guy has had multiple suspensions and they show he has a CLEAR lack of self control. The same issue that repeatedly has kept pacman from truly turning the corner and keeps him a constant liability to his team.

There are only 53 spots on an NFL roster, each one is valuable. It doesn't make sense to waste them on guys who have these types of issues. Why sign a player who has had multiple suspensions? Each game is important and if you miss games for being a hothead than you are hurting your team. Plus the atmosphere in the locker room matters greatly, there were reports of players being fed up with some of our trouble makers after the playoff game, let's not add more guys like that to the fuel the fire

Do you guys really want to be making excuses for the Steelers only beating us because player X was suspended for being an a**hat?

And like it or not, reputation affects everything in this league from the calls the refs make to whether or not the NFL hands down punishment for certain issues. I'd prefer the Bengals focus on drafting players who are good people as well as good players. We have 53 roster spots, 11 draft picks, each one is too valuable to waste on players who can't stay out of trouble. There are well over 300 draft eligible players, you don't need to reach for the character flag guys to make your team better, in reality they usually just make you worse.

Marvin has already said he can't keep babysitting these guys and appeared to have learned his lesson after all of these years. If we draft Mixon he clearly has not. This is a deep RB class so grab one who won't be a liability.

Hill sucker punched a guy in the back of the head and celebrated with buddies as the guy was out on the floor, he hasn't done it since and has not been in trouble. Most people didn't care about it when we drafted him, not sure why people pretend like a bad decision is destined to lead to more down the road. People make bad decisions, this kid is one of the few big time college players who has actually had consequences because of it.
Reply/Quote
He ran an impressive 4.43 at his pro day.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Hard to get excited about any RB prospect when our offensive line is such a huge question mark right now.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: Hill sucker punched a guy in the back of the head and celebrated with buddies as the guy was out on the floor, he hasn't done it since and has not been in trouble. Most people didn't care about it when we drafted him, not sure why people pretend like a bad decision is destined to lead to more down the road. People make bad decisions, this kid is one of the few big time college players who has actually had consequences because of it.

Does it lead to bad behavior in every instance? No.

But a guy with red flags...is more likely to repeat them than others. Look at Pacman Jones.
Reply/Quote