Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Met with Joe Mixon
(03-08-2017, 09:36 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: 1 of 4 teams to privately take a meeting with him.

In case you don't know, Mixon is the highly talented Oklahoma RB that likes to punch girls.

I guess the running back coach has to do some scouting.  Bengals RB coach scouted Ohio State Maurice Clarett, but he went so early in draft.  I can't see Bengals going high in draft for a RB unless that LSU RB is on the boards. Bengals show an interest in him.  Bengals just have so many other needs that I just don't see a RB first few rounds unless the LSU kid is there.  I never have anything against a mid to late round RB because there are so many guys that were the star RB of their team in college, so not a bad late round pick. Always possible special teams players if nothing else.  I think a RB the size of a FB would be a great 7th round pick by teams. Some kid who can run but weighs around 230 or more and can block and catch. That might be a good practice squad player for coaches to coach into an old time running fullback like an Ickey Woods, Pete Johnson or Boobie Clark.  NFL teams would have to build this Frankentein since college fullbacks no longer run the rock.  A big RB that can block would be a good 7th round low risk pick. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:44 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I will not defend him hitting that girl.  I was pissed off seeing the video.  But after a while I think he deserves a 2nd chance. We need that talent at running back especially since we aren't getting Davis now!!!

And he received his 2nd chance with Oklahoma. And a 3rd chance. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 01:26 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Grow up? Everyone in the video were adults, they live in an adult world where if you put your hands on someone else you should expect a reaction, that is what im saying.

Was what he did extremely shitty? Yes. Should she have went and put her hands on another person? No. 

I'm sorry but if growing up consist of people being able to hit you in the face without repercussions simply because of there gender then we have a problem. That isn't growing up that is excusing people acting like children simply because of a gender, from the video provided everyone involved looks like pieces of shit.

I agree completely, I'll be beyond pissed if they even glance his way before round 4, don't really want him at that point but atleast it isn't too early of a pick wasted.

We have 0 evidence on the claims as we have 0 audio, according to him they said some kind of racial slur as well. We just gonna say that's fine as well, I mean do you wanna excuse that behavior as well because of her gender?

Point is, had her male friend been the one that got in his face, pushed him, then hit him in the face with the same outcome this would be a nonissue. 

Again, he is a piece of shit I would avoid drafting but adults whether they are male or female can't go around putting there hands on people and expect zero push back. Yes he went too far but again you don't put your hands on people unless you're ready for a reaction.

Why didn't Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly go to the combine?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And he received his 2nd chance with Oklahoma. And a 3rd chance. 

What are you talking about
Reply/Quote