Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals: No Extension For Dalton
(03-28-2019, 09:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was going to say something about that, but I think he means, "when Andy balls out, let's hope this year is the year he balls out for 16 games," as the only 2 years where he's TRULY balled out, were last year and 2015, both cut short by broken thumbs.

I feel like there’s some revisionist history going on here. Dalton had a great start last season, but his play had dropped off before the injury. He ended up with a 89.6 PR and only completed 61.9% of his passes. That’s hardly “balling out.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Was going to say something about that, but I think he means, "when Andy balls out, let's hope this year is the year he balls out for 16 games," as the only 2 years where he's TRULY balled out, were last year and 2015, both cut short by broken thumbs.

He ended the year throwing 22 tds n 11 ints for 2500 yards. n bengals had 5 n 6 record. My god is this considered “balling out”. In such a passing league that’s not very good. Now here come the excuses.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I feel like there’s some revisionist history going on here. Dalton had a great start last season, but his play had dropped off before the injury. He ended up with a 89.6 PR and only completed 61.9% of his passes. That’s hardly “balling out.”

Things starting going downhill when IR started filling up
Reply/Quote
I really don't understand why this was even a question. He has two years left on his contract. I know he plays Quarterback but with AJ Green needing extended most likely this offseason along with Boyd and possibly Jackson to avoid the 5th year option for him then Dalton would fall down the priority list regardless. Not to mention the fact we have had an original selection of 9th, 12th, and 11th in the draft the past three years. If we finish close to the top 10th for a 4th straight year you should seriously bring in a rookie Quarterback because of the money you will save and the potential of a player picked that early. That isn't even a knock on Dalton, it just makes the most sense that if you end up missing the playoffs yet again then it is time to change things up at Quarterback and build around a younger guy, just like Dalton needs weapons around him to be successful anyways.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup, no brainer....prove it time under the new staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Is there a better 15 million dollar veteran qb than dalton? I am genuinely curious because I think we get good value out of him tbh. I am always a sucker for a good deal..
Reply/Quote

Yes, that is exactly what i meant - thanks

edit:
Saw another mock draft somewhere today with Bengals taking Haskins at 11.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:11 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Is there a better 15 million dollar veteran qb than dalton? I am genuinely curious because I think we get good value out of him tbh. I am always a sucker for a good deal..

I don't see one......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They traded Tannehill, got a fill-in vet in Fitzmagic and they're likely going to draft a QB to work into the rotation.  Pretty standard practice, I think.

I think so too in general, but there's always gotta be a team that does a Confused in their planning. The 'fins have been pretty bad the last 10yrs.
Reply/Quote
16 million actually. 17 next year.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:26 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think so too in general, but there's always gotta be a team that does a Confused in their planning. The 'fins have been pretty bad the last 10yrs.

Yeah, they've been quite average with some below and one good season that ended with a playoff loss in Pittsburgh because their QB who was having an inordinately good year got injured before the post-season.  I know Dalton is better than Tannehill, but the fact is that they, like the Bears, Eagles, Rams etc got their young, offensive-minded HC but instead of drafting a QB and getting free agents they had him take over a team with a decent vet QB in place.

I'm not 100% trying to stir the pot by saying the Bengals and Dolphins haven't exactly been worlds apart as of late.
Reply/Quote
dudes sideline hair spike game is going to be FIRE.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, they've been quite average with some below and one good season that ended with a playoff loss in Pittsburgh because their QB who was having an inordinately good year got injured before the post-season.  I know Dalton is better than Tannehill, but the fact is that they, like the Bears, Eagles, Rams etc got their young, offensive-minded HC but instead of drafting a QB and getting free agents they had him take over a team with a decent vet QB in place.

I'm not 100% trying to stir the pot by saying the Bengals and Dolphins haven't exactly been worlds apart as of late.

This will be very interesting to see how these two organizations handle the QB position moving forward with the new coaches and which approach yields the better results. So far: Dolphins move on from Tannehill, bring in veteran bridge. We keep Dalton and make no moves at the position. Now we wait to see what they do in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:43 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He ended the year throwing 22 tds n 11 ints for 2500 yards. n bengals had 5 n 6 record.  My god is this considered “balling out”.    In such a passing league that’s not very good.   Now here come the excuses.

You're right, he sure sucked on defense last year. Their record is definitely on Andy's shoulders.

I'll take 9 out of 11 games with 0 or 1 INTs from an NFL QB any day.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 12:18 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You're right, he sure sucked on defense last year. Their record is definitely on Andy's shoulders.

Just think of all the missed tackles Andy had. He should have run out onto the field on every defensive snap to win all those games, but instead he stayed on the sidelines just waiting to play offense.. I mean...REALLY!  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals fans new low. 22 tds 11 ints 2500 yards. Balling
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 12:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just think of all the missed tackles Andy had. He should have run out onto the field on every defensive snap to win all those games, but instead he stayed on the sidelines just waiting to play offense.. I mean...REALLY!  Shocked

Well he broke his thumb on the one he executed a couple years back. Perhaps we're better served having him on the sidelines during the Defensive plays. We might not be there yet for the offensive plays, but it's trending that direction. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 12:18 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You're right, he sure sucked on defense last year. Their record is definitely on Andy's shoulders.

KC sucked on Defense last year too. Hell NE was 21st
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 12:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: KC sucked on Defense last year too. Hell NE was 21st

Nobody is saying Dalton is Mahomes or Brady, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I feel like there’s some revisionist history going on here. Dalton had a great start last season, but his play had dropped off before the injury. He ended up with a 89.6 PR and only completed 61.9% of his passes. That’s hardly “balling out.”

(03-28-2019, 10:43 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He ended the year throwing 22 tds n 11 ints for 2500 yards. n bengals had 5 n 6 record. My god is this considered “balling out”. In such a passing league that’s not very good. Now here come the excuses.

I'm trying to put some context into what he was saying, because someone asked; I'm not "considering it balling out," or anything of that nature.

Jesus Christ, shut up about it; don't put words in my mouth.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote