Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Not Picking Up Price's 5th Year Option
To no one's surprise, the Bengals have declined to pick up the 5th year option on Price's rookie contract. He is slated to be a free agent in 2022

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, he's got 2021 to prove he's worth a second contract. He should get the opportunity, given Hopkins' injury.
Reply/Quote
Unless he shows some big improvement this year he’s going down as a first round bust.
Hopefully he can figure it out and be productive for the Bengals in 21. He’s due to be a free agent so it’s now or never for him to try and make himself some money.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:22 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Unless he shows some big improvement this year he’s going down as a first round bust.

He already is...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote: To no one's surprise, the Bengals have declined to pick up the 5th year option on Price's rookie contract. He is slated to be a free agent in 2022

So the Bengals will definitely draft a center this week. Which I thought was obvious anyway. This draft might not have the Bengals take a defensive player til their 4th pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: He already is...

I'd say the Bengals biggest bust next to John Ross since Ogbuehi. 

I thought having Bodine and Ghiaciuc were bad centers but Billy Price has eclipsed both as the worst Center in Bengals history.  

Hey if I could make $11 million dollars in 4 years playing as poorly as he did and be labeled a bust I'd do it all day every day. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:37 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: So the Bengals will definitely draft a center this week.  Which I thought was obvious anyway. This draft might not have the Bengals take a defensive player til their 4th pick.

Bengals still have Hopkins  price is still on the team

But a OG that can play Center is likely.
Reply/Quote
Austin Reiter still out I believe. Worth a flyer if the price is right
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals still have Hopkins  price is still on the team

Hopkins also has his recovering ACL suffered late in the season.  It's a position is serious need of upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:02 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Austin Reiter still out I believe.  Worth a flyer if the price is right

For sure if Reiter is healthy...

To the OP, it is the right move just like not picking up Ross's option. Price might make a turn around if he can stay healthy 
under Pollack as he seemed to play his best (not saying much) when he played for him. Still all for Drafting a Center like 
Creed Humphrey even in the 2nd round who can also play Guard. Need to fix the interior more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:42 AM)pally Wrote: To no one's surprise, the Bengals have declined to pick up the 5th year option on Price's rookie contract.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:40 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I'd say the Bengals biggest bust next to John Ross since Ogbuehi. 

I thought having Bodine and Ghiaciuc were bad centers but Billy Price has eclipsed both as the worst Center in Bengals history.  

Hey if I could make $11 million dollars in 4 years playing as poorly as he did and be labeled a bust I'd do it all day every day. 

Not even close to the worst C.

- Price's '18 was better than any of Bodine's years.
- Jeff Faine is probably the worst C we've had, who started for more than a game or two. Just terrible.
- Ghiaciuc is still much worse

Price isn't even close to being one of our top Cs, but we've had worse players at the position.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Why did Paul Brown draft a center as his very first draft pick ( Bob Johnson) while his son Mike cant get a decent center for 15 years ( since we had Richie Braham?)

Hopkins is OK - maybe average but probably a little below average.

But average is fantastic when compared to all of the others we have had since Richie.

Price is awful. He is so slow to react.

Another inexplicable recurring theme under the Mike Brown regime.
Reply/Quote
I think he is good at C but for some reason really terrible at G but don't hate him at all at C.
Reply/Quote
Frank Ragnow would sure look real nice right about now...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:27 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Frank Ragnow would sure look real nice right about now...

Damn Lions. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Never liked the pick. Trading down really caused us to miss out on a lot of good players. When we were on the clock I was hoping to see us trade down again. This wasn't the deepest draft from what I remember and the players we were looking at were basically 2nd round talent at our pick.
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of first round picks that don't live up to their hype but many times they are at least average starters. With Ogbuehi, Price, and Ross they did not even reach that level.

When we drafted Price I thought he might have been drafted a bit high. But my concern was that he might just be a decent starter instead of a Pro Bowl player like you want to get in the First round. I never thought he would be as bad as what we have seen so far.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals still have Hopkins  price is still on the team

Creed Humphry in the 3rd is an interesting prospect. Pair him with the OT from ND in the 2nd, Cosmi, or Leatherwood and the Bengals are in good shape.

I like the Hudson kid out of UC for RT as well.

I think the Bengals really need a RT & a C in this draft. If the OT can play G this year or is really strong out the gate and Reiff can kick in to G... that is the ideal.

This year...

Draft Pick C
Draft Pick RT plays RG or RT
Reiff Plays RT or RG

Next Year
Hopkins RG
Draft Pick C
Draft Pick RT

Hopkins is a natural RG and only got stuck at center because Price couldn't stay healthy and, even when he could, stunk.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are a lot of first round picks that don't live up to their hype but many times they are at least average starters. With Ogbuehi, Price, and Ross they did not even reach that level.

When we drafted Price I thought he might have been drafted a bit high. But my concern was that he might just be a decent starter instead of a Pro Bowl player like you want to get in the First round. I never thought he would be as bad as what we have seen so far.

same here...  I know he was hurt for a bit a foot injury which can really mess with the big guys... He just never settled into a role on the OL for whatever reasons
Reply/Quote