Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals OL Shortage
With Reiff already doubtful for the Denver game, here's this news...

Hopefully they are all fine. If they can't go, it will leave the Bengals scary short on their OL. If both Hopkins and Hill can't go, the starting C would likely be Lamont Gaillard from the practice squad. It would also mean that Fred Johnson would be the starting RT, I believe. 

Jonah
Spain
Gaillard
Adeniji
F Johnson

...that'd be a rough group to trot out there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: With Reiff already doubtful for the Denver game, here's this news...

Hopefully they are all fine. If they can't go, it will leave the Bengals scary short on their OL. If both Hopkins and Hill can't go, the starting C would likely be Lamont Gaillard from the practice squad. It would also mean that Fred Johnson would be the starting RT, I believe. 

Jonah
Spain
Gaillard
Adeniji
F Johnson

If neither center is available the starter would be Keaton Sutherland who is taking the practice snaps today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: With Reiff already doubtful for the Denver game, here's this news...

Jonah
Spain
Gaillard
Adeniji
F Johnson

We are just catching up now with the rest of the teams, hell not sure what the heck the Browns are going to be putting out there this weekend
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Jonah
Spain
Gaillard
Adeniji
F Johnson

This is not good at all...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:31 PM)pally Wrote: If neither center is available the starter would be Keaton Sutherland who is taking the practice snaps today

Not better. Lol. It's a rough choice either way.

(12-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We are just catching up now with the rest of the teams, hell not sure what the heck the Browns are going to be putting out there this weekend

Yeah, the Bengals before the last week or two had been really lucky as far as team health goes. Just brutal that it seems to be all coming at once rather than slowly over time so that you have a chance to adapt to it here and there.

Reply/Quote
Good grief this thread is depressing.
Reply/Quote
Start Allen, don't risk Burrow behind that line. It may be best for him to test positive if the oline is out.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Start Allen, don't risk Burrow behind that line. It may be best for him to test positive if the oline is out.

Panic
Reply/Quote
Imagine if we had some better o-line depth
Reply/Quote
Is Carman hurt? Or is he just that bad he can't start at guard and adeniji at tackle? I guess no matter what c, rg, rt is just a mess. I don't remember Johnson playing well at rt or rg last time he had to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:24 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Is Carman hurt? Or is he just that bad he can't start at guard and adeniji at tackle? I guess no matter what c, rg, rt is just a mess. I don't remember Johnson playing well at rt or rg last time he had to play.

FWIW- I recall Freddy J was bad at G but not too bad at Tackle. But WTF about Mr 2nd Rounder Carman?! is he this bad he cant be plugged in in this situation?
There are plenty of 1st yr players not even drafted high that are capable backups and starting when needed in the NFL . This makes me think it was a BIG swing and miss on him....
My recollection when he was on the field is he played well at times but not consistent.   
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 05:24 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Is Carman hurt? Or is he just that bad he can't start at guard and adeniji at tackle? I guess no matter what c, rg, rt is just a mess. I don't remember Johnson playing well at rt or rg last time he had to play.

If you put any stock in PFF, they have Carman graded at 48.9 on the season, or 75th out of 80 qualified guards. (Last year when Fred Johnson played a decent amount, they gave him a 48.4, but that was at LT.)

Neither is a great choice for starting right now.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Start Allen, don't risk Burrow behind that line. It may be best for him to test positive if the oline is out.

You can't be serious.. they would have to lock Burrow in a room somewhere to keep him outta this game, and even then I think he would find a way to play.  We are in the middle of a playoff push with a huge playoff implication game, and you want to sit our superstar QB? Once again, you can't be serious...
Reply/Quote

Jonah
Spain
Gaillard
Adeniji
F Johnson

whos the backup qb?
Reply/Quote

You're right. We should. And now that I think about it, our normal offensive line is still giving up way too many sacks. We should just sit Burrow indefinitely until we improve the offensive line. Can't wait until 2025 when Burrow will FINALLY be able to play again!!!!

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:16 PM)Tony Wrote: You can't be serious.. they would have to lock Burrow in a room somewhere to keep him outta this game, and even then I think he would find a way to play.  We are in the middle of a playoff push with a huge playoff implication game, and you want to sit our superstar QB? Once again, you can't be serious...

And lets be real, they all tested negative, so they will all probably play.
Reply/Quote
This is what happens when an entire position groups is subpar and the backups are sub-subpar. One or two hiccups and you are f'ed. And since every season has one or two hiccups, it should not be surprising to anyone that the team is in a bad way with the OL.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 06:16 PM)Tony Wrote: You can't be serious.. they would have to lock Burrow in a room somewhere to keep him outta this game, and even then I think he would find a way to play.  We are in the middle of a playoff push with a huge playoff implication game, and you want to sit our superstar QB? Once again, you can't be serious...

My fault. I thought the playoffs push was over according to everyone around here Monday morning..... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: My fault. I thought the playoffs push was over according to everyone around here Monday morning..... 

Sorry bro, I missed the sarcasm... I kinda get it though . Burrow about to feel the pain..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 07:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: My fault. I thought the playoffs push was over according to everyone around here Monday morning..... 

Expect Mixon about 25 times for 1.5 yards a carry...
Reply/Quote