Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Pick End of Round
You people better be looking at who might be on the Board right before Round 2, because not only do the Bengals win the AFC North, but in Cincinnati as they play a wild card team, The Bengals END this stupid 30 years without a play-off win thing. With this great Defense, the Bengals End It NOW, THIS SEASON. .....So you better be looking at almost 2nd round picks, because Our Bengals are going to Win in The Play-Offs this season, and it's time the No Play-Off Win Streak Ended, Right. With this great Defense, it Ends NOW, this year. Bengals Win a Play-Off Game in Cincinnati as they are AFC North Champs against a visiting wild card team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 05:18 PM)kevin Wrote: You people better be looking at who might be on the Board right before Round 2, because not only do the Bengals win the AFC North, but in Cincinnati as they play a wild card team, The Bengals END this stupid 30 years without a play-off win thing.  With this great Defense, the Bengals End It NOW, THIS SEASON.  .....So you better be looking at almost 2nd round picks, because Our Bengals are going to Win in The Play-Offs this season, and it's time the No Play-Off Win Streak Ended, Right.  With this great Defense, it Ends NOW, this year. Bengals Win a Play-Off Game in Cincinnati as they are AFC North Champs against a visiting wild card team.

It's worth noting that the AFC wildcards are likely going to be:
Chargers
Colts/Titans
Bills/Patriots

Bengals have been better away than at home this year.
3-4 at home.
5-2 away.

Would you honestly have confidence in beating any of the AFC playoff teams outside of the AFC North in a playoff game?
I wouldn't have that confidence.
I'd think it's possible, but not highly likely.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 05:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth noting that the AFC wildcards are likely going to be:
Chargers
Colts/Titans
Bills/Patriots

Bengals have been better away than at home this year.
3-4 at home.
5-2 away.

Would you honestly have confidence in beating any of the AFC playoff teams outside of the AFC North in a playoff game?
I wouldn't have that confidence.
I'd think it's possible, but not highly likely.

There are greater things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.  The fact is The Bengals have THE DEFENSE to Win the AFC North and Win in the Play-Offs. Plus enough Offense.  This is the season the No Play-Off win streak ends, so fans will have to do 2 things.  #1, not have No Play-Off wins to yack about anymore.  #2.  Get use to picking late in the Draft, which is OK because Higgins was a Second Round Pick.  Bengals can draft late and still get a good player. 

Tough Luck, for Fans who wish for losses to draft high every year, those days are over in Bengals Land. Winning now rises above the hype of Draft Day.

With the Bengals great Defense and Joe Burrow and this offense, the No Play-Off Wins ENDS NOW, THIS SEASON. After 30 some years, it's high time it did end. No more maybe next year, IT ENDS NOW.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 07:27 AM)kevin Wrote: There are greater things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.  The fact is The Bengals have THE DEFENSE to Win the AFC North and Win in the Play-Offs. Plus enough Offense.  This is the season the No Play-Off win streak ends, so fans will have to do 2 things.  #1, not have No Play-Off wins to yack about anymore.  #2.  Get use to picking late in the Draft, which is OK because Higgins was a Second Round Pick.  Bengals can draft late and still get a good player. 

Tough Luck, for Fans who wish for losses to draft high every year, those days are over in Bengals Land. Winning now rises above the hype of Draft Day.

With the Bengals great Defense and Joe Burrow and this offense, the No Play-Off Wins ENDS NOW, THIS SEASON. After 30 some years, it's high time it did end. No more maybe next year, IT ENDS NOW.

I hope so but they have to get in the postseason first.
I never started wishing for losses until they were like 2-10. Then you know the seasons over and you might as well get as good of a pick as possible.
No Bengals fans are rooting for them to lose over these last few games. Thankfully these are much different circumstances than the previous few seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2021, 07:27 AM)kevin Wrote: There are greater things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.  The fact is The Bengals have THE DEFENSE to Win the AFC North and Win in the Play-Offs. Plus enough Offense.  This is the season the No Play-Off win streak ends, so fans will have to do 2 things.  #1, not have No Play-Off wins to yack about anymore.  #2.  Get use to picking late in the Draft, which is OK because Higgins was a Second Round Pick.  Bengals can draft late and still get a good player.   

Tough Luck, for Fans who wish for losses to draft high every year, those days are over in Bengals Land.  Winning now rises above the hype of Draft Day.

With the Bengals great Defense and Joe Burrow and this offense,  the No Play-Off Wins ENDS NOW, THIS SEASON.   After 30 some years, it's high time it did end. No more maybe next year, IT ENDS NOW.

You completely missed the point in my post.

I don't hope for losses, nor am I not ok with taking a player late in Rd 1 vs early.
I simply think it's unrealistic to think the Bengals have a really good chance to get to the Super Bowl.

Sure, after this past weekend's game, it's easier to think they could, but the only teams they've really beaten up have been BAL, PIT, and LV.
As such, I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in a playoff victory unless they played one of those teams.
Beat the Chiefs this coming weekend though and I'll for sure have more confidence in them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 05:18 PM)kevin Wrote: You people better be looking at who might be on the Board right before Round 2, because not only do the Bengals win the AFC North, but in Cincinnati as they play a wild card team, The Bengals END this stupid 30 years without a play-off win thing.  With this great Defense, the Bengals End It NOW, THIS SEASON.  .....So you better be looking at almost 2nd round picks, because Our Bengals are going to Win in The Play-Offs this season, and it's time the No Play-Off Win Streak Ended, Right.  With this great Defense, it Ends NOW, this year. Bengals Win a Play-Off Game in Cincinnati as they are AFC North Champs against a visiting wild card team.

In this position? BPA
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You completely missed the point in my post.

I don't hope for losses, nor am I not ok with taking a player late in Rd 1 vs early.
I simply think it's unrealistic to think the Bengals have a really good chance to get to the Super Bowl.

Sure, after this past weekend's game, it's easier to think they could, but the only teams they've really beaten up have been BAL, PIT, and LV.
As such, I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in a playoff victory unless they played one of those teams.
Beat the Chiefs this coming weekend though and I'll for sure have more confidence in them.

dont forget we took GB down to wire and should have won that one.....but I see your logic. 
Any of the outside of our Division Teams would be a tough one at home. Indy is really coming on and has that power run game and a top OL.
Pats are the Pats and honestly I prefer the Titans out of the 3 possibilites. I think we match up well with them. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: dont forget we took GB down to wire and should have won that one.....but I see your logic. 
Any of the outside of our Division Teams would be a tough one at home. Indy is really coming on and has that power run game and a top OL.
Pats are the Pats and honestly I prefer the Titans out of the 3 possibilites. I think we match up well with them. 

With AJ Brown now back and Derrick Henry expected back by the start of the playoffs, I wouldn't feel comfortable with the Titans either.
If Henry doesn't return though as expected, I think the run game is less of a threat.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We still have an outside shot at the #1 seed in the AFC.  Regardless, I think we can hang with anyone besides KC in the AFC.  Mahomes gets COVID and us in the Super Bowl is not outlandish.  

However, he does not have it now.  KC should beat us Sunday.  Cleveland clobbered us earlier, at home, so I would not count that as a win.  I think we probably go 1-1, but I'd take losing out as next most likely.  If we lose out, we could be picking around 14-18.

Scenario #1:  We lose out.  Finish 9-7.  Pick around 14-18.

1.  Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa.  
2.  Ahmed Gardner, CB, Cincinnati.
3.  Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah
4.  Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
5.  Ikem Ekwonu, OT/G, NC State  

Some of those guys will obviously go earlier. I would love any to fall to us.  I'd be overjoyed with any of them.

Senario #2: Make POs, Lose WC Game:  Pick 19-24  (edit)

1.  Anyone listed above still available
2.  Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M  
3.  Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
4.  Roger McCreary, CB  Auburn

Scenario #3: Win at least one PO game: Pick 25-32 (edit)

1.  Anyone listed above
2.  Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
3.  Travon Walker, DE, Georgia
4.  Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson

Tempted to go TE, but I do not think there is a R1 TE this year.  R2, perhaps.
Reply/Quote
This is the furthest behind I have been on draft prospects since like 2007. Looked at my first 1st round mock for the 2022 NFL draft today.

Since I haven't had the chance to fall in love with any of these players yet it's easy to say it seems like a good year to trade down and set ourselves up with a couple years of extra early picks. Things are going to get expensive quick we have 20 UFAs coming up this year. I would think some premium draft capital can help that situation. I'd go on a binge. See how many times I could flip that first rounder this draft to set up future drafts.
Reply/Quote
Generally there is one guy that is floating around in the 20s and you scratch your head and ask "how is this guy still on the board"

I'll take that guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Generally there is one guy that is floating around in the 20s and you scratch your head and ask "how is this guy still on the board"

I'll take that guy.

Yep, as long as he isn't a QB or WR or NT. We could improve on our starters anywhere else. 
Reply/Quote
Quote:Tough Luck, for Fans who wish for losses to draft high every year, those days are over in Bengals Land. Winning now rises above the hype of Draft Day.
You mean our hopes of draft day superbowl wins is over? I'm thinking Jaxvill wins it this year. And who knows? maybe Zittsburg and Faultimore pick nos 1 & 2 next year..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 02:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: You mean our hopes of draft day superbowl wins is over? I'm thinking Jaxvill wins it this year. And who knows? maybe Zittsburg and Faultimore pick nos 1 & 2 next year..  ThumbsUp

While I tend to agree, next year is going to be interesting.  Having a winning record with a last place schedule and doing it vs a first place schedule is a bit touger. Plus the Ravens & Browns are likely healthier. 
Reply/Quote
Its nice to not know anything about who we may pick lol.... although I would love to see us trade up for that Iowa Center was putting a hurting on my Wildcats in the Citrus bowl
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I know Malik Wright has hinted that the Bengals have interest in Ahmad Gardner, but I have no idea if we have a shot at him. I've seen him go all over the first round. I feel like this will be another 1st round CB year.

However, there's another interesting scenario that might come into play. If the Bengals can get a win or two in the playoffs and pick late, then we could be in a position for the trade out of the 1st round option. Right now the QB class and rankings are all over the place. If a couple of those QBs get viewed as late 1st-early 2nd, I could see one of this high picking 2nd round teams offer up a deal so they can get their QB with the 5th year option on the table.

Or the Bengals shock everyone and trade up feeling like they're only a piece or two away from winning a Super Bowl, or hoping to start a dynasty.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:37 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know Malik Wright has hinted that the Bengals have interest in Ahmad Gardner, but I have no idea if we have a shot at him. I've seen him go all over the first round. I feel like this will be another 1st round CB year.

However, there's another interesting scenario that might come into play. If the Bengals can get a win or two in the playoffs and pick late, then we could be in a position for the trade out of the 1st round option. Right now the QB class and rankings are all over the place. If a couple of those QBs get viewed as late 1st-early 2nd, I could see one of this high picking 2nd round teams offer up a deal so they can get their QB with the 5th year option on the table.

Or the Bengals shock everyone and trade up feeling like they're only a piece or two away from winning a Super Bowl, or hoping to start a dynasty.

Well, with a PO berth assured, 19-22 is the best pick we could have, if we loose in the WC round.  

I. Surely Gone- Likely Top 5 picks 
  1.  Hutchinson, DE, Michigan 
  2.  Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon 
  3.  Evan Neal, OT, Alabama 
  4.  Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU 
  5.  Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame   

II.  Probably Gone:  Often in Top 10-20 Not a position we need
  6.  Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama 
  7.  Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State 
  8.  Drake London, WR, USC 
  9.  Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State 
 10. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt 
 11. Matt Coral, QB, Ole Miss 

III.  Here's Hoping: Good fit but Likely Gone  
  12.  DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M 
  13.  Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State 
  14.  Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa 
  15.  Ikem Ekwonu, G/T, North Carolina State 
  16.  Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia 
  17.  Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah  
  18.  Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati 
  19.  Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson  

IV.  Other Talented Guys who could go High (Fine with 'em)
  20.  David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan 
  21.  George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue 
  22.  Travon Walker, DE, Georgia  

V.  Possible Late Firsts in our Wheelhouse
  23.  Kenyon Green, G/T, Texas A&M 
  24.  Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa 
  25.  Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn  
  26.  Kair Elam, CB, Florida 
  28.  Nicholas-Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State 
  29.  Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State 
  30.  Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State  

VI.  Possible Late Firsts Outside Wheelhouse  
  31.  Jordan Davis, NT/DL, Georgia 
  32.  Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State 
  33.  Malik Willis, QB, Liberty 
  34.  Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas  
  35.  Cam Thomas, DE, San Diego State  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote:  Well, with a PO berth assured, 19-22 is the best pick we could have, if we loose in the WC round.  

I. Surely Gone- Likely Top 5 picks 
  1.  Hutchinson, DE, Michigan 
  2.  Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon 
  3.  Evan Neal, OT, Alabama 
  4.  Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU 
  5.  Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame   

II.  Probably Gone:  Often in Top 10-20 Not a position we need
  6.  Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama 
  7.  Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State 
  8.  Drake London, WR, USC 
  9.  Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State 
 10. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt 
 11. Matt Coral, QB, Ole Miss 

III.  Here's Hoping: Good fit but Likely Gone  
  12.  DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M 
  13.  Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State 
  14.  Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa 
  15.  Ikem Ekwonu, G/T, North Carolina State 
  16.  Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia 
  17.  Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah  
  18.  Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati 
  19.  Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson  

IV.  Other Talented Guys who could go High (Fine with 'em)
  20.  David Ojabo, EDGE, Michigan 
  21.  George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue 
  22.  Travon Walker, DE, Georgia  

V.  Possible Late Firsts in our Wheelhouse
  23.  Kenyon Green, G/T, Texas A&M 
  24.  Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa 
  25.  Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn  
  26.  Kair Elam, CB, Florida 
  28.  Nicholas-Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State 
  29.  Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State 
  30.  Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State  

VI.  Possible Late Firsts Outside Wheelhouse  
  31.  Jordan Davis, NT/DL, Georgia 
  32.  Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State 
  33.  Malik Willis, QB, Liberty 
  34.  Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas  
  35.  Cam Thomas, DE, San Diego State  

You've already qualified these are outside wheelhouse picks, but do you really think a QB even has a chance as an 'out there' type of pick? Isn't Willis a scrambler type? I guess the Bengals would work in some wildcat? I understand your outside wheelhouse sentiment, but I think a QB might go beyond such a criteria. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You've already qualified these are outside wheelhouse picks, but do you really think a QB even has a chance as an 'out there' type of pick? Isn't Willis a scrambler type? I guess the Bengals would work in some wildcat? I understand your outside wheelhouse sentiment, but I think a QB might go beyond such a criteria. 

How about that kid from Western Kentucky?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 02:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: How about that kid from Western Kentucky?

Aha! Pick him in later rounds to backup Burrow. Then the two can sit in the QB room and discuss TD passing records at the collegiate level.
Reply/Quote