Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Raiders predictions
Its not a Primetime game, so we will probably win.
Reply/Quote
If we don't win opening day against this team that hasn't had it together in years, it will be a long season.

Bengals-28
Raiders-17
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:59 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Raiders  23
Bengals 13

Bengals always seem to win when I pick against them, so I will be picking against them. A lot.

Way to sacrifice for the team man. Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 02:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Raiders had the worst defense in the league last year and finished with an abysmal 22 sacks. Where do people come up with this stuff?

I predict a 27-19 win.
Let me make another prediction--the Raiders will not have the worst defense this year.  They will play very hard for Del Rio.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:23 PM)McC Wrote: Let me make another prediction--the Raiders will not have the worst defense this year.  They will play very hard for Del Rio.

So, where do you think the Raiders defense will end up at? around 28th?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 08:45 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I doubt we play in the wildcard game this year. We will go straight to the divisional round.

I don't think so. The Pats always find a way to get one of the top 2 seeds, and the Colts have the easiest pancake division in the AFC. I think we get the 3rd spot. Hell we probably play the Chargers again too, the beginning of a budding rivalry.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So, where do you think the Raiders defense will end up at? around 28th?

Middle of the pack.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:40 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Our center play is sketchy and they have a very good front 4, plus Khalil Mack makes plays.

We have the same center we had last year, when we gave up only 23 sacks - 3rd fewest in the NFL.

Justin Tuck (32 years old) led their team in sacks with 5.0 and Khalil Mack had 4.0 sacks, 0 int's and 1 forced fumble.

Again...where do people get this stuff? Who did they add?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have the same center we had last year, when we gave up only 23 sacks - 3rd fewest in the NFL.

Justin Tuck (32 years old) led their team in sacks with 5.0 and Khalil Mack had 4.0 sacks, 0 int's and 1 forced fumble.

Again...where do people get this stuff? Who did they add?

A real coach.   Didn't Marvin take a 2-14 team and go 7-9 with basically the same guys?

Reply/Quote
Bengals-20
Raiders-16
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:49 PM)McC Wrote: A real coach.   Didn't Marvin take a 2-14 team and go 7-9 with basically the same guys?

Because Del Rio is such an amazing coach; he's only had 3 winning seasons as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
Bengals Win and the score doesnt matter.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:49 PM)McC Wrote: A real coach.   Didn't Marvin take a 2-14 team and go 7-9 with basically the same guys?

8 of the 2003 starters (36%) were brought in by Marvin. He also replaced the kicker and punter. 

There was a lot of turnover.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because Del Rio is such an amazing coach; he's only had 3 winning seasons as a head coach.

I do think Del Rio is a decent coach. I just don't think he's good enough to make them a good team overnight.

He hasn't even turned over much of the roster. Nate Allen and Curtis Loften were solid additions to the defense, but they need way more than that. Cooper and Crabtree will give them solid receivers, but can Latavius Murray handle a full load? He only had 99 carries last year and kept getting nicked up. Can Carr progess and actually start throwing it downfield? Dude averaged 5.46 YPA last year (UGH) and I heard a lot of Raiders fans say it was checkdown city. 

Even their good players have a ton to prove, and they're not exactly stocked with good ones. People are just scared to death that if they show confidence in our team, they'll wind up losing. If people are predicting our offense scores 13 points against the team that gave up the most points in the league last year, we must be in for a rough season. Sheesh. LOL
Reply/Quote
Del Rio is a solid coach who has had the misfortune of being a HC of teams with shitty owners. Hopefully he can do some good in Oakland under the younger Davis.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 06:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because Del Rio is such an amazing coach; he's only had 3 winning seasons as a head coach.

And he's had so much to work with, including never having a QB.  Jags were a hard nosed team.  They were just stymied by a wealth of bad draft choices.  I don't see it as all Del Rio's fault.  Not saying he was ever coach of the year but his teams always played hard against the Bengals and that's what I expect the Raiders to do.  If the the Bengals bring their A game, forget about it.  I don't believe these Raiders will just roll over, which is all I really ever said.  That and, I expect them to be better this year.

Who knows?  Maybe they do a Pirates/Astros thing.  You get enough high draft picks, sooner or later, maybe it clicks.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 06:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 8 of the 2003 starters (36%) were brought in by Marvin. He also replaced the kicker and punter. 

There was a lot of turnover.

I'm not here to pimp Del Rio.  I just said his guys play hard.  I am well aware of his resume.

Reply/Quote
One things for sure, we'll know within the first 2 drives of the game. Seems like it's either one of those games, or an obvious we got this by the end of the first quarter. I think we'll win. I'm not sold it'll be pretty. As pretty as it should be ideally going against Oakland. But we'll get the job done, in a low scoring affair. On the road. In Oakland.

Bengals 17
Raiders 13

Familiarity against Del Rio and the staff will be key. Enough to get it done.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

You try putting out a winning team with Byron Fatwhich as your quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 07:02 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Del Rio is a solid coach who has had the misfortune of being a HC of teams with shitty owners. Hopefully he can do some good in Oakland under the younger Davis.

Tiger I don't see the younger Davis being any better than his father, at least he hasn't been so far.

TBS, Bengals--27
Oakland--20
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote