Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/Ravens game time. Does anyone know....
when the time will be announced? My daughter gave me tix for that game for Christmas. I'm hoping it won't be the Sunday Night game. I live in Lexington and it's about an hour and a half drive home although I know I could spend the night in Cincy but I'd rather just go home after the game.

I'm also hoping all the starters will be playing. I realize it would be good if seeding was settled to rest them but I have a feeling that they'll still be playing for the division or possibly for a higher seed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:26 PM)BengalRed Wrote: when the time will be announced? My daughter gave me tix for that game for Christmas. I'm hoping it won't be the Sunday Night game. I live in Lexington and it's about an hour and a half drive home although I know I could spend the night in Cincy but I'd rather just go home after the game.

I'm also hoping all the starters will be playing. I realize it would be good if seeding was settled to rest them but I have a feeling that they'll still be playing for the division or possibly for a higher seed.

Released no later than January 3rd.

Will be 2 Saturday games and a Sunday night game that have playoff implications on the line. Personally hoping for a Saturday game!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:30 PM)Helldog Wrote: Released no later than January 3rd.

Will be 2 Saturday games and a Sunday night game that have playoff implications on the line. Personally hoping for a Saturday game!

I would think the Tennessee-Jacksonville game would be the Sunday night game
Reply/Quote

That would be cool. That's my birthday. If they were to possibly win the top seed that'd be a great birthday present.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:32 PM)kevinsea Wrote: I would think the Tennessee-Jacksonville game would be the Sunday night game

Possibly but we also play Monday night next week so I’m not sure they would give us a Saturday game, as much as I’d like to throw a Who Dey party and sleep in the next day Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:32 PM)kevinsea Wrote: I would think the Tennessee-Jacksonville game would be the Sunday night game

If it ends up as the a division deciding win and in then it's very likely.

Both ravens and Bengals are in so less at stake. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2022, 05:41 PM)Helldog Wrote: Possibly but we also play Monday night next week so I’m not sure they would give us a Saturday game, as much as I’d like to throw a Who Dey party and sleep in the next day  Tongue

That makes sense although the league doesn't seem to mind making teams play on Thursday after a Sunday game.
Reply/Quote
It's looking like the Bengals/Ravens game will be interesting but these games are possibly much more so:

Jets v. Dolphins

Jags v. Titans

Pack v. Lions

Saints v. Panthers

Bucs v. Falcons
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Jags-Titans will be for the division no matter what happens next week so that will probably get flexed.
Reply/Quote

Playing Monday night eliminates Saturday I’d suspect
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
For quite some time it has looked like that would be the Sunday night closer.

It could not only decide the AFCN title, but could also have major implications on all playoff seeds.
Reply/Quote
It could be a Sunday late afternoon game. I would guess around 4ish.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals and Ravens for the North will get the primetime nod over jax/ten
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:22 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bengals and Ravens for the North will get the primetime nod over jax/ten

Why? Both Cincy and Balt are in the playoffs. Jax/Ten will be "loser goes home". Just like last year's Vegas/Chargers game

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why? Both Cincy and Balt are in the playoffs. Jax/Ten will be "loser goes home". Just like last year's Vegas/Chargers game

Ratings matter most. That’s why cowboys colts got the flex over chiefs bengals. It’s why the Steelers are flexed into Sunday night
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ratings matter most. That’s why cowboys colts got the flex over chiefs bengals. It’s why the Steelers are flexed into Sunday night

Makes sense. Gonna play to the huge markets of Cincy/Balt

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Makes sense. Gonna play to the huge markets of Cincy/Balt

....you are aware cincy and balt’s fanbases are being compared to the jags and titans...

Which match up do you think will people want to watch more
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:19 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: ....you are aware cincy and balt’s fanbases are being compared to the jags and titans...

Which match up do you think will people want to watch more

Well, Jacksonville and Nashville are more populous than Cincy or Balt. 

I think more would want to watch the game where the winner wins the division and the loser goes home. Just like they did last year w/ Chargers/Raiders. But I guess we'll see. 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, Jacksonville and Nashville are more populous than Cincy or Balt. 

I think more would want to watch the game where the winner wins the division and the loser goes home. Just like they did last year w/ Chargers/Raiders. But I guess we'll see. 

It’s not what is the best match up, it’s what will get the network the better ratings. That’s why the cowboys got the Sunday night game over kc/cin

Bengals and Ravens fanbases combined are bigger than the jags and titans combined

You think Steelers Ravens is the best match up next week? Of course not. It’s just the Steelers going against their main nemesis. That’s why it got the Sunday night slot
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 02:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s not what is the best match up, it’s what will get the network the better ratings. That’s why the cowboys got the Sunday night game over kc/cin

Bengals and Ravens fanbases combined are bigger than the jags and titans combined

You think Steelers Ravens is the best match up next week? Of course not. It’s just the Steelers going against their main nemesis. That’s why it got the Sunday night slot

Okey Dokey

Reply/Quote