Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Ravens predictions
(10-10-2020, 08:42 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This is what I’m talkin about!

Bengals shock everyone with a convincing win.

Most predict we will lose, but I'm more excited about this game than any other so far this year.  We usually play Baltimore pretty tough with exception of last year's blowout loss.  The series is 23-25, Ravens.

I think it's going to come down to Hart and Redmond.  If they can just hold up, I think we have a good shot.  Having Geno will be a big boost as well.

Bengals +13 is total bullshit.  I hope we beat their asses.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Just be disciplined on the pass rush, keep Jackson in the pocket and force him to throw touch passes to beat you. He has a strong arm but lousy touch. And that was borne out even last year where because of their rush game he usually had wide open receivers when he did throw but once they encountered a team that defended them properly they lost and Jackson looked bad.

Obviously on offense actually protect Burrow and be balanced - the Rats can be run on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I expect the Ravens to go all out with exotic blitzes and the like, and really give our OL fits. I cant predict a score, but I expect a very tough game for the OL, which could make a rough day for Burrow. With our OL only having one good week so far this year, it will be interesting to see how they handle the Ravens. However we have enough weapons to score some points, so I dont expect a total blowout. The D is the biggest question. Can they contain Lamar? I freaking hope so. I would love to win, but would be content to just keep it a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 05:26 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I expect the Ravens to go all out with exotic blitzes and the like, and really give our OL fits. I cant predict a score, but I expect a very tough game for the OL, which could make a rough day for Burrow. With our OL only having one good week so far this year, it will be interesting to see how they handle the Ravens. However we have enough weapons to score some points, so I dont expect a total blowout. The D is the biggest question. Can they contain Lamar? I freaking hope so. I would love to win, but would be content to just keep it a game.

That's me

If we're competitive I'll be kinda happy.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 03:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: This is going to a blood bath.

My dad use to say 'any given sunday' but I just don't see how the bengals pull this off.

Burrows going to do what he does so well but if the online doesn't hold up it won't matter.  And Jackson vs. Our D just isn't fair.  He's going to shread them on the ground and through the air.

My dad says the same thing.  He had to say it a lot in the 90s.  The difference is, I think Joe Burrow keeps the Bengals in every game.  Will they get a lucky break or two and pull of the upset?  I would be beyond ecstatic.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:54 PM)J24 Wrote: As weird as this sounds but you have to live with Jackson rushing on you. Yeah he can destroy you there but if he gets going passing the ball he will beat you and it won't be pretty.

I believe this will be the game plan on defense.  They will have an extra LB in over our usual nickel package (the real base defense) but the defense will be looking to take away the middle of the field for Jackson and force him to throw outside the numbers.  It isn't necessarily a glaring weakness, but it is far from his biggest strength. 

I hope Wilson being back has a huge game.  Bynes will hopefully have some added energy playing against his old team and we need the Pratt we had at the end of the year last year NOW.  ADG will also surely be on the field.  (I understand not all at the same time).  I would like to see Pratt at MLB and ADG at SAM and Wilson at WILL for a few snaps and see how they play together, although I would imagine we will see more three safety looks than three LBs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 08:44 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Calais Campbell is going to be going head-to-head with Redmond and Michael Jordan. I think he is going to cause trouble all day. I expect the Ravens to abuse Cincinnati's run defense pretty heavily.

Cincinnati has some bright spots, Joe plays well but Ravens cruise home a victory, 34-20.

Campbell is a freak.  Every year I expect him to tail off, he just keeps producing.  I will love him even more if he rips Piggy's head off when they play pitt.  

That being said, our big guards struggle more with speed in the pass blocking department, not so much with power.  And speed is not Campbell's game, so it isn't exactly strength on weakness.  They will still be tested by his length and strength.  
Reply/Quote
My prediction is I watch the whole game and that the Bengals score some points and Baltimore scores some points.

Also, if the Bengals can scratch together any type of win there will be a big love-fest for Joe Burrow regardless if Joe Mixon running for 200 was how they won the game.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 21
Ravens 28
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Ravens laying an egg yet. Ravens 31 - 24 Bengals.

Mistakes and missed opportunities will hurt us.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Campbell is a freak.  Every year I expect him to tail off, he just keeps producing.  I will love him even more if he rips Piggy's head off when they play pitt.  

That being said, our big guards struggle more with speed in the pass blocking department, not so much with power.  And speed is not Campbell's game, so it isn't exactly strength on weakness.  They will still be tested by his length and strength.  

I never did finish my walkthrough of the Jaguars game because my trial of Game Pass ran out but surprisingly, Jordan did struggle with a bullrush. Even in the run game, it looked like he was lacking that oomph, that power. He is also incredibly young, so he has time to learn but I wouldn’t expect Jordan or Redmond to look so hot today.
Reply/Quote