Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
Baltimore by 14+
Reply/Quote
Why do people here even bother to say what opposing 1st team players are hurt and out? Why? Was Sunday not enough? Texans had 8, EIGHT players out with several of them starters and they still walked in here and whipped us. We actually play better against all 1st stringers.
Reply/Quote
Ravens 34
Bengals 24
Reply/Quote
45-10 ravens Fire Taylor
Reply/Quote
Rat Turds will run for 200+ yards.

Best we can hope for is a shoot out IF JB is on and IF someone else can get open and make plays other than Jamar.

Probably still gonna a need a CTB, Wilson or Pratt pick-6

and a Charlie Jones run back too.

But - never say never
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 10:06 PM)Whacked Wrote: Rat Turds will run for 200+ yards.

Best we can hope for is a shoot out IF JB is on and IF someone else can get open and make plays other than Jamar.

Probably still gonna a need a CTB, Wilson or Pratt pick-6

and a Charlie Jones run back too.

But - never say never

The offense has to start aggressive and stay aggressive. No matter the situation they CANNOT pull in the reins and have to go for the throaty every series. And the defense has to stop playing like they are lobotomized. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 06:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Sam Hubbard and Trey Hendrickson were starting I would predict a big prime time win for the Bengals. However, the available defensive ends are Cam Sample, Myles Murphy, and Joseph Ossai who will need to play out of their minds to contain Lamar Jackson. It’s going to be up to DJ Reader and BJ Hill to pressure Jackson along with the secondary who needs to plaster the Baltimore receivers like glue.

Hear me out

I actually think we’ll contain Lamar better tomorrow because of this.

With Trey and Sam we are likely to ask them to do more things because they are beasts

With the guys we’ll have tomorrow we know for a fact they aren’t gonna do much so we won’t ask them to do all the shit we ask our starters to do. So it’s likely this changes our gameplan and we have zero tape out on how we play things without Sam AND Trey.

This is gonna sound insane but I’d give up on sacks on 1st and 2nd down. Wouldn’t send one blitz. Id tell Ossai and Murphy to just contain Lamar and contain the edge on runs. Then do your usual Lou plays or rushing 3 on 3rd down and all that.

Make Lamar take a king sized shit on us by passing. Dont let him out the pocket and keep a body on WRs.

Hopefully this leads to bad throws or tips at the LOS by Murphy and Ossai.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I completely understand why most people are predicting a Bengals loss. I truly understand the feeling.

That said, I think part of the reason we failed against Houston was we were trying to get the jump on preparing for the Ravens game. I think Zac/Brian and Lou are going to go all out in getting us this win.

It looks to me like Trey's playing but will he be as effective? I don't think it matters so much this game, because defensively, it's all about stopping Baltimore's rushing offense. According to ESPN, they are the top rushing offense in the league at 154.9 yards per game. We've clearly struggled in stopping hte run and if Hubbard is out, that makes things harder on us. But, that's where the offense comes in.

Offense will be clicking on all cylinders whether Tee plays or not. Remember, we scored 24 points in week 2 with statue Joe and his lack of mobility. We're going to see a lot of production from the TEs and I guarantee you Boyd isn't dropping a pass at all.

I think this is going to be a weird "shootout" where both teams will score on most of their drives but because the Ravens will be running the ball a lot and most likely running well, neither team will have many drives. Ravens will be the one to make the mistake that gives us the edge and Burrow will have a career-defining game.

Bengals win 27-24
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't get the doom & gloom as it relates to this game and the injury front. We are probably without Tee & Hubbard. They are probably without Stanley, Humphrey, and Kyle Van Noy. If anything, we have the health advantage. They are without their best CB, best Tackle, and 2nd best OLB.
Reply/Quote
Burrow plays his best when we need it the most, same with our Defense. For whatever reason, this didn't happen
against the Texans even though we needed that game. I think Burrow and our Defense will play with mad heart in
this one and we edge them out.

Bengals - 31
Ravens - 30

Last second FG to win a monster game. We will see, we have some bad injuries and other players will have to step
up big time. This happens and good teams find a way. If not, it is going to be a hard journey to try ans get the last
seed in the playoffs because we will have no tie breakers unless we win out pretty much.
Reply/Quote
Mild weather tomorrow for a November night game. In 50s, no rain, no wind. I think this is helpful. Rainy, bad weather (think Cleveland game) helps Lamar and the Ravens running game, and Lord knows the Bengals lack a running game.
Reply/Quote
Humphry and Stanley being out is pretty damn huge. That's two all pros not playing and two of our all pros going against back ups. They will double Chase now that Humphry can't go man to man with him. That matchup with Trey is in our favor now as well.

27 - 21 Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Concerns

1. Rat Turds DLine and Pass Rush vs Our Oline (most games)
Frightening

2. After watching the Texans’ Noah Brown get 172 receiving yards along w Schultz and Dell making plenty of noise, how are you all not very concerned with Flowers, OBJ and Mark Andrews going nuts?

3. Their excellent run game vs our horrible run D
*They ran over 100 yards against the Stains wicked D line.

4. No Hubbard to contain Lamar

IF JB balls out and Lamar being inconsistent Lamar doesn’t play well - maybe we can pull this off.
Reply/Quote
Our guys will be playing their hearts out. Bengals win 30-27.
Reply/Quote
After watching our O line get schooled by Texans I just hope JB doesn't wind up hurt. Our D looked like they had never played together and now looking like Joe has a wrist issue it could be an ugly night. Maybe it's nothing but who knows. I was hoping the Ravens starters were all playing as Bengals just refuse to out play other teams back-ups. Trying to beat them or any team without a run game is asking for a lot. If they can keep Lamar under 300 yds passing and under 100 yds rushing they might have a chance.
Reply/Quote
Staley and Humphrey out.

Ravens starting to talk shit

Apparently Patrick Queen playfully said he was gonna tell Burrow some things in the game.

Keep our QB name our your ***** mouth

I really hope the o line saw that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Ravens - 31
Bengals - 13
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 07:24 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Why do people here even bother to say what opposing 1st team players are hurt and out? Why? Was Sunday not enough? Texans had 8, EIGHT players out with several of them starters and they still walked in here and whipped us. We actually play better against all 1st stringers.

Can't say I disagree one bit.  It doesn't matter who's out against an unprepared. slow, team. Everybody in the NFL is good. 
Reply/Quote
I think the Ravens rushing attack will be too much for the Bengals to stop. They'll average over 5.0 yards a carry (without Lamar factored in) and control the clock. They too had a bad loss last week and want to take it out on the next team in front of the home crowd.

Ravens 27
Bengals 17
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:56 AM)Housh Wrote: Staley and Humphrey out.

Ravens starting to talk shit

Apparently Patrick Queen playfully said he was gonna tell Burrow some things in the game.

Keep our QB name our your ***** mouth

I really hope the o line saw that

I wish Staley and Humphrey were playing. Bengals do not do well against back-ups. After watching Volson and Cappa getting thrown aside like rag dolls against Texans and letting JB get planted like a flower I have no faith in our O'line. Burrow can only take so many hits.
Reply/Quote