Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
Just want a win and Hill to redeem himself
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are on a streak and are hot lets hope they don't let their success go to their heads. Starting 0-2 the Ravens are gonna give it their all to avoid 0-3 especially playing against a rival team. With that said if the Bengals can stay focused and play hard and no one gets injured then they can win. Im gonna say it will be a defensive battle that the Bengals win 17-13.
Reply/Quote
Beware of wounded animals......Ravens know that teams that start 0-3 rarely make the play-offs. You can come back from an 0-2 start, but starting 0-3 just kills you.....So they will be playing this game as if their whole season depends on it, and it does....There is a huge difference starting 1-2 or starting 0-3.....Plus, they can pick off the team in first place and even things up more in the AFC North.....Plus, it's the old Browns with Ozzie Newsome in a front office job and we play the Ravens twice each year. They don't like us. It's a rival game. Bengals swept Ravens last season and you know they want this win at home....

I'm rooting for our Bengals but they better pack a lunch and get ready for one long game, because the entire season is riding on this for the Ravens and they will hit us with everything and the kitchen sink. It will probably bring out the best game they will play all season. ....and if we can get out of Baltimore at 3-0 on the season, the Bengals have just won one tough game. Coach Lewis who was D coach at Baltimore, I'm sure he won't let their 0-2 start make him think this is an easy game.

Predition : a Bengals win, I hope, but Ravens give us a heck of a game because they have to trying to avoid 0-3. Their veteran QB takes the team on his back and tries to save their season, not wanting Bengals to deliver the knock out punch as early as September. Bengals win, but they better pack a lunch.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ravens 24 Bengals 17 this week. Ravens redeem themselves at home. Can't win 'em all.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This game will be tougher than most expect. Baltimore always plays us tough just look at last year and how our games were so close. Plus the other thing that Baltimore has going for them is that they are at home and their crowd will be loud. If we can somehow keep the crowd noise to a minimum and control the clock and the turnover battle we will win. Also if our defense continues to play with the intensity that it has played the last two games and our offense continues to play like it has there is no reason we should not win but it will be a tough battle no matter what. I think we win 30-20 but it easily could go the other way. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bengals 23
Ravens 20

Nug redeems himself with a 50 yarder as time expires.

3-0, all in the AFC.  Who-Dey!

Have to be honest with you, I hope nothing comes down to Nugent having to make a kick this year... I hold my breath every time he takes the field.

The Bengals have played the Ravens tough going back to Palmer days.  That said, the Ravens are at home and are going to be fired up.

Bengals 17
Ravens 10
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Have to be honest with you, I hope nothing comes down to Nugent having to make a kick this year... I hold my breath every time he takes the field.

The Bengals have played the Ravens tough going back to Palmer days.  That said, the Ravens are at home and are going to be fired up.

Bengals 17
Ravens 10

Nugent has proven he can win games in the clutch.. so I don;t hold my breath... but as for the game.. Ive traveled to Baltimore the last couple years.. tough place to play in.. they might be 0-2 but with a division game and a possible 0-3 start.. i feel the place will be rocking to help them.  I still see the Bengals winning though in a close one  24-21, as we hold on for a tight win.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:38 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Nugent has proven he can win games in the clutch.. so I don;t hold my breath... but as for the game.. Ive traveled to Baltimore the last couple years.. tough place to play in.. they might be 0-2 but with a division game and a possible 0-3 start.. i feel the place will be rocking to help them.  I still see the Bengals winning though in a close one  24-21, as we hold on for a tight win.

He has also proven the opposite.  He is not exactly what I would call "reliable" at this point.
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of the patriots game last year I say Ravens pull it out at home but Bengals make it hard on them.
Ravens 24
Bengals 21
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Can't make a prediction, however some things to think about.

The Ravens have lost Suggs for the year, traded away Ngata and are very inexperienced on Defense.

The Offense is much stronger than the Defense for the Ravens, but that isn't really saying anything as the Ravens Offense has never been scary. Steve Smith isn't what he once was, though he is still a scrappy player. They don't have the TEs as an outlet for Flacco and the run game isn't what it used to be without Rice in there.

So on paper, this is a chance for the Bengals to take what should be an easy game and improve to 3-0 while dropping a division rival to 0-3 and hopefully ending their bid for a post season appearance.

What we should be concerned with is coming out flat. The Ravens shouldn't beat us, but that doesn't mean that we can't beat ourselves. Turnovers, poor clock management, unfocused and undisciplined players leading to costly penalties and underestimating a divisional team just because of the records could spell disaster for us.

With the Browns hosting the Raiders and the Steelers playing the up and down Rams, we could end week 3 tied for 1st place with the Browns and the Steelers at 2-1.
Reply/Quote
Ravens can't defend the pass .

Big game for Dalton.

bengals 35
Ravens 20
Reply/Quote
I think Hill has a nice bounce-back game, the Raven's D is not looking good.
Bengals - 27
Ravens - 13
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:46 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He has also proven the opposite.  He is not exactly what I would call "reliable" at this point.

Reliable ?  On his career he has made over 80 percent of his field goals and has made more winners than misses in the final 4th quarter.... Outside of Tucker for Baltimore I would take him over Pittsburgh or Cleveland kicker.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:25 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Our D always gives the Ravens trouble. We need to be sure to take what they give us. They will get pressure on Dalton. We'll probably see our first sack (and more than one) this week. How many INTs or Fumbles will that turn into for us? Might be a good week to work on how to take a sack with Dalton. Of course if you're blindsided then that doesn't help.

Anyways we have the tools to win the turnover battle and be better in the ground attack. Special teams and the offense being patient/having the best past pro possible will be necessary to help us prevail overall. Bengals win it: 20 - 18.

I bet there will be no sacks next week. I will even say Dalton won't throw his first pick until the Seahawks game. The Ravens pass rush is highly overrated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
17-9 Bengals. Dre K with a almost pick 6, but out on the 2 and Hill finishes it with a solid run. And a forced fumbled somewhere in there by MJ.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:09 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Reliable ?  On his career he has made over 80 percent of his field goals and has made more winners than misses in the final 4th quarter.... Outside of Tucker for Baltimore I would take him over Pittsburgh or Cleveland kicker.  

He is barely over 80% for his career (80.8%) which are not exactly mind blowing numbers.  The original post I referred to said that Nugent would make a 50 plus yarder as time expires to win the game.  In his entire career, Nugent has only made nine field goals of 50 plus yards.  So no, I would not hope this game comes down to Nugent having to make a long field goal to win the game.
Reply/Quote
I am saying the Ravens won't bounce back from last weekend, they are going to be mad that they are 0-2 and just lost to an Oakland Raiders team and play mad and cause stupid penalties and turnovers. Their defense is a struggle bunch right now, especially because they still don't have a leader that has stepped up to be a Suggs-esque dude and therefore our offense will have a pretty big game. Our defense will keep Forsett in check and hurry Flacco. There will be garbage time scoring to make the game appear a better one than it was.

27-17 Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Flacco looked good against the Raiders, but their secondary wasn't great to start the season. They were beat up a little against us. I don't think the Ravens have the weapons to threaten us much unless our D lays an egg.

Defensively, again, this is not a strong group. I'd put their secondary on par with Oakland's.

But all of that's on paper and on tape. It will probably be a closer game than it should be.

Bengals 31
Ravens 20
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24

Ravens 13
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:46 PM)spikeleethegod Wrote: I am saying the Ravens won't bounce back from last weekend, they are going to be mad that they are 0-2 and just lost to an Oakland Raiders team and play mad and cause stupid penalties and turnovers. Their defense is a struggle bunch right now, especially because they still don't have a leader that has stepped up to be a Suggs-esque dude and therefore our offense will have a pretty big game. Our defense will keep Forsett in check and hurry Flacco. There will be garbage time scoring to make the game appear a better one than it was.

27-17 Who Dey

The only thing I'm going to be worried about this season is stopping the run. Everything else the team does looks top tier. I hope that we can stop Forsett, because last year he was able to pick up almost 5-6 yards every time he ran against us. He averaged 6.4 yards against us the first game (with 13 being his longest run of the day) and the second time we played him he averaged 4.0 yards against us (12 being his longest run of the day).
Reply/Quote