Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
(09-21-2015, 11:31 AM)kevin Wrote: Beware of wounded animals......Ravens know that teams that start 0-3 rarely make the play-offs. You can come back from an 0-2 start, but starting 0-3 just kills you.....So they will be playing this game as if their whole season depends on it, and it does....There is a huge difference starting 1-2 or starting 0-3.....Plus, they can pick off the team in first place and even things up more in the AFC North.....Plus, it's the old Browns with Ozzie Newsome in a front office job and we play the Ravens twice each year. They don't like us. It's a rival game. Bengals swept Ravens last season and you know they want this win at home....

I'm rooting for our Bengals but they better pack a lunch and get ready for one long game, because the entire season is riding on this for the Ravens and they will hit us with everything and the kitchen sink. It will probably bring out the best game they will play all season. ....and if we can get out of Baltimore at 3-0 on the season, the Bengals have just won one tough game. Coach Lewis who was D coach at Baltimore, I'm sure he won't let their 0-2 start make him think this is an easy game.

Predition : a Bengals win, I hope, but Ravens give us a heck of a game because they have to trying to avoid 0-3. Their veteran QB takes the team on his back and tries to save their season, not wanting Bengals to deliver the knock out punch as early as September. Bengals win, but they better pack a lunch.

I'm with this guy ^^

The Ravens are in a nasty spot and are going to come out fighting and playin dirty. Coach better have the team ready to go, and lets not get shellshocked if they try to cheapshot us early and often. It's gonna be a hard fought game.

If the Bengals are for real this year: Cin 37, Balt 21

If we are the same old Bengals: Cin 28, Balt 31
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I bet there will be no sacks next week. I will even say Dalton won't throw his first pick until the Seahawks game. The Ravens pass rush is highly overrated.

Did you watch KC? They may have the best defense in the league. Their rookie corner Peters looks really good and will be on AJ like glue. Hope Dalton is careful that game.. they have a HoF caliber pass rush with Thomas at LB.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Did you watch KC? They may have the best defense in the league. Their rookie corner Peters looks really good and will be on AJ like glue. Hope Dalton is careful that game.. they have a HoF caliber pass rush with Thomas at LB.

Denver has a horrible OL. They lost 3 starters in the off season. Houston has a great defense, but I don't think they will be able to stop our offense. The OL is playing too good, and Dalton is good at getting rid of the ball when he's about to get sacked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Did you watch KC? They may have the best defense in the league. Their rookie corner Peters looks really good and will be on AJ like glue. Hope Dalton is careful that game.. they have a HoF caliber pass rush with Thomas at LB.

I personally thought the Kansas City defense looked better than Seattle this week... no doubt, they can play.
Reply/Quote
Too early to tell what any teams are or have until about week 6-7.

That being said this is going to be a tough game... period.

On the road against a team fighting for its football life.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:11 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I bet there will be no sacks next week. I will even say Dalton won't throw his first pick until the Seahawks game. The Ravens pass rush is highly overrated.

The Seahawks have not played pass defense all year either. They have defense issues and it's not all Kam Chancellor related.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Denver has a horrible OL. They lost 3 starters in the off season. Houston has a great defense, but I don't think they will be able to stop our offense. The OL is playing too good, and Dalton is good at getting rid of the ball when he's about to get sacked.

OL isn't an excuse. NE has 3 rookies at LG, C and RG. No excuses. KC has a top tier pass rush and defense, don't overlook them.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens look horrible so far this year. BUT...they are in a really bad spot right now, and playing at 0-2 against a 2-0 division opponent is about as must-win as it can get this early in the season. If the Bengals don't play their best, the Ravens could take this one.

I'll call it 10 points....31-21, Bengals win.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Love the feel of this game.

I'm going to call for a ass-whoopin.

34-10
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Though they haven't looked good, the Ravens have plenty of motivation in this game. It's a division battle, their first home game, and of course they don't want to be in an 0-3 hole. The Bengals, though, won a close game against a good team despite some turnovers that could have been tide turning as well as having a D-Line that is eating opponents alive so far. I say the game stays close throughout with the Bengals sealing it on a long 4th quarter drive and TD.

Bengals 28
Ravens 17
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
That won't be easy. Don't understimate the Ravens, they have their back on the wall.

I wish we won. It will be huge.
Reply/Quote
Baltimore another hard place for the Road team....

34-17 Bengals win... But it was closer than the score indicates with the bengals capping off the game on a pick 6
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:55 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: Ravens have no confidence after a brutal loss, and their overall talent just isn't there anymore. A late push by Baltimore makes it looker closer than it really was.

Bengals 24
Ravens  17

These are the kind of games we're supposed to win if we're elite.  The games everyone expects us to win.  Those kind of games seem to give us trouble.  We need to take care of the Ravens in their house. I know they haven't been playing well but AFC North games are always intense.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:31 AM)kevin Wrote: Beware of wounded animals......Ravens know that teams that start 0-3 rarely make the play-offs. You can come back from an 0-2 start, but starting 0-3 just kills you.....So they will be playing this game as if their whole season depends on it, and it does....There is a huge difference starting 1-2 or starting 0-3.....Plus, they can pick off the team in first place and even things up more in the AFC North.....Plus, it's the old Browns with Ozzie Newsome in a front office job and we play the Ravens twice each year. They don't like us. It's a rival game. Bengals swept Ravens last season and you know they want this win at home....

I'm rooting for our Bengals but they better pack a lunch and get ready for one long game, because the entire season is riding on this for the Ravens and they will hit us with everything and the kitchen sink. It will probably bring out the best game they will play all season. ....and if we can get out of Baltimore at 3-0 on the season, the Bengals have just won one tough game. Coach Lewis who was D coach at Baltimore, I'm sure he won't let their 0-2 start make him think this is an easy game.

Predition : a Bengals win, I hope, but Ravens give us a heck of a game because they have to trying to avoid 0-3. Their veteran QB takes the team on his back and tries to save their season, not wanting Bengals to deliver the knock out punch as early as September. Bengals win, but they better pack a lunch.

Well said.  But I look at it as it's a rivalry game for us too and we have a lot at stake too, so our intensity will be there too and as much as I hesitate to say it out loud, we are a better team.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Historically our D has owned Unibrow. I don't see that changing.

Bengals 28 Rats 17. 4 TD passes to.....JAKE FISHER!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:36 AM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Head says Ravens 27-17, heart says Bengals 51-6.

I do not agree with the letter of the law. But the spirit I wholeheartedly concur!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He is barely over 80% for his career (80.8%) which are not exactly mind blowing numbers.  The original post I referred to said that Nugent would make a 50 plus yarder as time expires to win the game.  In his entire career, Nugent has only made nine field goals of 50 plus yards.  So no, I would not hope this game comes down to Nugent having to make a long field goal to win the game.

He is 34th on the all time list.. pretty good to me.... i agree not a big track history on 50 yards.. but did set his all time long in last year playoffs.. I will take his steady nature as a whole, he is a proven kicker and that is important
Reply/Quote
I feel confident in this one.. Ravens look dreadful so far. They can still turn it around this season, but not this week.

Bengals - 28
Ratbirds - 13
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34 - Ravens 23

I think the home crowd will be loud at the beginning and sporadically during the game.  If the Ravens fall behind and struggle, it will get quiet, maybe even bring out the boo-birds.
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith reports as eligible, rips off jersey and pads and from the Bengals 1 scares the living crap out of everyone in the stadium and scores the winning TD.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote