Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
Bengals 32
Ravens 29

In overtime
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:31 AM)kevin Wrote: Beware of wounded animals......Ravens know that teams that start 0-3 rarely make the play-offs. You can come back from an 0-2 start, but starting 0-3 just kills you.....So they will be playing this game as if their whole season depends on it, and it does....There is a huge difference starting 1-2 or starting 0-3.....Plus, they can pick off the team in first place and even things up more in the AFC North.....Plus, it's the old Browns with Ozzie Newsome in a front office job and we play the Ravens twice each year. They don't like us. It's a rival game. Bengals swept Ravens last season and you know they want this win at home....

"Wounded animal" were the exact words that popped into my head when I saw this thread. These guys have been to the summit, and they have their backs to the wall, knowing they fall off the cliff if they lose this game. Pride can be a powerful thing. I know the Bengals want to win, but I'm afraid the Ravens have much more at stake and walk away with the W. We won't make it easy for them, though.

Bengals 24
Ravens 30
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: "Wounded animal" were the exact words that popped into my head when I saw this thread.  These guys have been to the summit, and they have their backs to the wall, knowing they fall off the cliff if they lose this game.  Pride can be a powerful thing.  I know the Bengals want to win, but I'm afraid the Ravens have much more at stake and walk away with the W.  We won't make it easy for them, though.

Bengals 24
Ravens 30
Which only leaves the question, Jennifer or Bailey ? ....per your picture
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24

Ravens 10

I'd love for nothing more than for Andy to light up the Ravens to the tune of 300+ yards and 3 TDs with 0 picks. AJ burning Jimmy Smith once or twice would be an added bonus.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Don't know the score but I predict J. Hill will go for 150+. Bengals own Flacco and it's time we separate ourselves from the mediocre teams. Harbaugh said it best, Bengals are the most talented team in the league (outside of M. Nugent).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:20 PM)kevin Wrote: Which only leaves the question, Jennifer or Bailey ? ....per your picture

Bailey, all day, every day ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Bengals are riding a 3 game win streak against the Ravens. They also seem to play pretty well at M&T. Bengals have come out red hot and the Ravens haven't played a complete game. to keep it short and simple, they don't have any playmakers outside of 36 yr old Smith and Forsett. Their D is nothing to write home about, Suggs presence and leadership are gone, with no real pass rush.

I feel like this should be a 28-13 game, but, given its a division rival game it's going to be closer than it should.
Still like the Bengals winning.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:09 AM)McC Wrote: Come on, man.  Remember?  Low key?  Stop saying enthusiasm building things that make a lot of sense.  Please!

I'll help you out. 

Dalton has thrown 12 ints against the Ravens. 18% of his interceptions have come against them. He's thrown at least 3 on 3 different occasions, in 8 games against them. One of those games was the season finale in '12 where he only attempted 15 passes.  2 times in 8 games, he's thrown more tds than ints and those were both 1 td, 0 int.

In contrast, he's only thrown 7 picks against the Steelers and 11 against the Browns.

Browns are inconsequential but Dalton has thrown 35 percent of his ints against 2 division opponents. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'll help you out. 

Dalton has thrown 12 ints against the Ravens. 18% of his interceptions have come against them. He's thrown at least 3 on 3 different occasions, in 8 games against them. One of those games was the season finale in '12 where he only attempted 15 passes.  2 times in 8 games, he's thrown more tds than ints and those were both 1 td, 0 int.

In contrast, he's only thrown 7 picks against the Steelers and 11 against the Browns.

Browns are inconsequential but Dalton has thrown 35 percent of his ints against 2 division opponents. 

Wow.. and here I thought the Browns had his number.

I think there were 2 games that really bloated that Ravens stat, one being the one you mentioned. I remember thinking WTF many many times that night. But 2015 Dalton just has to keep playin his ball game, screw the previous years.

The offensive scheme has looked much more sound this year and I think that will be the difference in Baltimore. I want to say there have been lots of mental errors in previous games against them, but can't say for fact. They were a better team last year than they are now, and we are better than we were then.. if we don't win, its because this team still has emotional/motivational problems haha.
Reply/Quote
Don't forget Andy looked good both games against the Rats last year.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Ravens 20

Tough game but with the way both teams are playing to start the season we should come away with a 3 0 start if we continue to utilize all our weapons on offense.
Reply/Quote

Andy has looked good this year.  His throws are crisp and he is continuing to get the ball out early.  I know it is only two games, but he is also not "sailing" the ball like he has in previous years.  Throw in the way the offensive line is playing, plus them not having Ngata and Suggs, and I think he should have a good game.
Reply/Quote

Flip side.. Andy has won last three games over Baltimore... and last year he had around a 95% passing rating in our two wins... 
Reply/Quote

Flip side.. Andy is 20-13 on the road in his career.. and is 4 road wins away from having the most in a QB's first five year than any other QB since 1970 merger.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 20-Ravens 17 with a game winning field goal on the last play of the game.
Reply/Quote

but we swept them last year.... and they arent playing well at all.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-17
Reply/Quote
Ravens will be throwing everything (including the kitchen sink) into winning this one. After two losses, this becomes a key game for them to get back into the AFC West mix. Plus, it is in Baltimore. They don't want to lose a third straight game in front of the home crowd.

The Bengals can win if they stay focused and professional and stay within their gameplan. They'll get their ass handed to them if they go in overconfident or lackadaisical. It is almost assured that BAL will be playing better than they played last week, especially on defense. The Bengals will need their wits about them for this game.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bailey, all day, every day ThumbsUp

Agreed! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 11:31 AM)kevin Wrote: .....Plus, they can pick off the team in first place and even things up more in the AFC North.....

The flip side of this is true also: The Bengals have the opportunity to stick a dagger in their division rival while they are down.

We haven't seen that "going in for the kill" attitude too much in the past with the Bengals. Heck, we've let some pretty bad Browns teams beat up on us in recent years. But that attitude would be a welcome change and would make me feel good about their chances of winning a playoff game this year.
Reply/Quote