Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
The sacks start, McCarron goes in for a play, we still win. Courtesy of The Big Giant Head!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1 person in that entire thread made a dumb post about Andy giving it to them. 1 out of 199 replies. How on earth is that the first thing you mention? You're absolutely hilarious.

Who cares? I happened to see it and thought it funny because it does not reflect reality over the past year. I also noted that couple who noted that we have owned Flacco defensively too. If it really makes you feel fulfilled to closely go over all those posts just to insult a forum member whatever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: I suggest people pull up NFL Network On Demand and watch the replay highlights of the Ravens/ Raiders game. It was tied at the half. Ravens had the lead at the end but left Raiders with a 2 minute drill, and Raiders hit some big plays. ....If you watch this, you will see the Ravens can throw the ball. They have Smith a WR and another good WR and they have one heck of a TE and they have the veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring. .......The Bengals may have to score 40 points to win this game.

I'm hoping our Bengals win and go to 3-0, but those comparing 2015 Raven to the 1990's Bengals are way out there on Mars or someplace. This will be a tough game and our DB's will get tested all game long. I would say Kirkpatrick needs to step up his game 100 % or he will be burned all game. The Ravens can throw the ball and are at home in Baltimore where they are always tough. It's not just Flacco to Smith, but the TE and the other WR's, plus they can run the ball some. ....This game could go down to the last 2 minutes and who wins a 2 minute drill. They have a good head coach, they have a heck of a middle linebacker. ....I'm hoping we can run the ball a little and eat some clock and keep their D on the field instead of our D on the field all game. ....Oh yes, they have a great field goal kicker....They still have Super Bowl ring players including the quarterback...

I would never ever call at Baltimore a game we can just consider a win. Baltimore and Pittsburg have been the cream of the crop in the AFC North of playoff wins an Super Bowl wins....This will be one tough game....We have made 4 straight play-off seasons because we dominated the NFC and the other AFC teams the last 4 seasons, but in the AFC North the Bengals have not dominated and have went 3-3 or 2-4....and this is an AFC North game on the road.....If Bengals win, it will be a huge win. Any win we get at Baltimore is a huge win. ...It would be good to start 1-0 against the AFC North instead of  0-1.

if we have not dominated the Ravens of late, please explain winning three in a row and losing the 4th in OT ?? Also I suggest you rewatch the Bengals and Raiders game... if the Ravens could not stop a weak Oakland offense, how do you expect them to stop the Bengals.

I am not saying this is a walk in the park.. no way.. but you seem very one sided in your analysis so I thought i would give you some of the other side
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:12 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: if we have not dominated the Ravens of late, please explain winning three in a row and losing the 4th in OT ?? Also I suggest you rewatch the Bengals and Raiders game... if the Ravens could not stop a weak Oakland offense, how do you expect them to stop the Bengals.

I am not saying this is a walk in the park.. no way.. but you seem very one sided in your analysis so I thought i would give you some of the other side

We should have the advantage. Without Suggs their pass rush is a bit easier to manage and their secondary is suspect. That said, I expect us to use Hill a lot to just batter their DL and Gio in there too. In other words I am thinking we go ground heavy and pass off of the run, spreading the ball to make them defend the whole field.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:12 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: if we have not dominated the Ravens of late, please explain winning three in a row and losing the 4th in OT ?? Also I suggest you rewatch the Bengals and Raiders game... if the Ravens could not stop a weak Oakland offense, how do you expect them to stop the Bengals.

We agree that it is not a walk in the park as opposed to those on here saying the 2015 Ravens are like the 1990's Bungles....If Bengals win, it will be a good win against a good team...as at Oakland was a good win as Bengals won in Oakland for the first time ever. The Raiders showed the next week that they are better than we made them look. Raiders had a great offense against Ravens.....So at Oakland was a good win.....and of course beating Chargers was a good win.....None of these 3 games should be considered an automatic win. ...If the Bengals start 3-0, it's because they are playing great football, not because they are playing weak teams. .......What we do have is that D Line. We have a great D Line.....I'm hoping Bengals win. I always want my Bengals to win. ....I just don't want people coming back and saying we ONLY won at Oakland, we ONLY won at Baltimore, these are not easy road games. If we lose at Baltimore, the sky isn't falling, but I hope we win.  Ravens will give us their best game of the season to avoid 0-3, but I think Bengals are pretty good and I would love a 3-0 start on the season. I hope this is Bengals Super Bowl season, and with our D Line, it is possible.  I also think Bengals finally have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove they are better than the play-off losses. I think this team is 100 % into shoving all the smart mouth back into peoples faces as they not only win in play-offs, but Super Bowl. I think Bengals are tired of being Rodney Dangerfield and it has them ticked off, which is a good thing. It's from this that they can reach down into their guts and give more when games demand more. A season they can look back on with pride when they are old and retired.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Our fanbase is.....interesting.

The Ravens start 0-2 after making the playoffs and actually winning in them, and now they're somehow transforming into one of the worst decades of any franchise in sports history.

Brilliant!

I was going to say, we are declaring a team that just accomplished something we haven't in 25 years to be on the verge of a 44-100 decade of absolute pointlessness because they lost 2 road games.  Geez.

With that being said, we should beat them on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
keep with traditional of a hard nose, relatively low scoring game.

whoever has the ball last ... wins.

Bengals - 27
Ravens - 24
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Ravens 17

The Ravens are always a tough opponent. We need to come out of there injury free. That's my biggest concern.
Reply/Quote
Keep em coming.
Reply/Quote
We get out of MD after a tough one

Bengals 31
Ratbirds 28
Reply/Quote
Bengals 23
Ravens 20
Reply/Quote
Keep em coming.
Reply/Quote
Like the guy said earlier they better pack their lunch Sunday. I'm gonna say Bengals win a tough one 27-17
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are the better team, but I'm not sure they win this game. Baltimore is still capable, and this will be their home opener in a desperate situation. My immediate inclination is to predict a close loss here, but it wouldn't be something that reflects terribly upon the Bengals if I'm right. My feelings may change as the week progresses though.

As of right now I'm feeling a 20-17 type score and a Ravens win. I could totally be wrong about that though and I'd love it if I am.
Reply/Quote
For those that are interested, here is the official weather report for this sunday in Baltimore

Reply/Quote
Not sure. I have a slight, ever so slight lean towards the Ravens. Just because I have a hard time, very hard time in seeing them going 0-3.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Ravens 17
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31

B'more Pidgeons 21
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 09:53 PM)YES Wrote: For those that are interested, here is the official weather report for this sunday in Baltimore

This was incredibly hard to watch.
Reply/Quote
This is a hard one, our team is much more talented and they should have a lot of troubles
covering our weapons. But the Ravens are desperate, at home and we have gotten run on
which is what the Ratbirds will try to do.

Ravens-24
Bengals-21
Reply/Quote