Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Ravens predictions
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/65189-next-up-cincinnati-bengals/

Ravens fans freaking out lmao.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 06:45 PM)Helldog Wrote: http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/65189-next-up-cincinnati-bengals/

Ravens fans freaking out lmao.

I don't know about freaking out so much as the realization that they're quickly becoming the Bengals of the 90s. I'd like to say that I feel sorry for them, but my parents taught me to be honest.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 08:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know about freaking out so much as the realization that they're quickly becoming the Bengals of the 90s. I'd like to say that I feel sorry for them, but my parents taught me to be honest.

I don't know about the Bengals of the 90s, but they're not as good of a team as they were just a few years ago. Them losing one of their best pass rushers and Ngata really hurt their defense.
Reply/Quote
Bengals- 27
Ravens- 17

The Ravens D is still decent, but their offensive weapons don't scare me at all. Plus Flacco almost always struggles against us, whereas Dalton has been much better against the Ravens.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a battle. The Ravens are backed into a corner at home. They will pull out all the stops. If they score early it could be rough for us. If we score and get out to an early lead, that opens up the play calling for Hue and we pull it out.

26 - 18 Bengals
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The Rat fans are pretty funny in their thread. A couple are just saying "Andy will find a way to give it to us" but the reality is Andy was sharp in both Rat games last year. And a couple of others did realize that overall our defense has owned Joe Flacco.

If we can win this game I like our chances to go on a run, as we should beat the Chiefs and the Bills, with the Seahawk game being the most likely loss. 5-1 after 6 games with a 5-0 conference record and 1-0 Division Record is a strong position to be in.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:18 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The flip side of this is true also: The Bengals have the opportunity to stick a dagger in their division rival while they are down.

We haven't seen that "going in for the kill" attitude too much in the past with the Bengals. Heck, we've let some pretty bad Browns teams beat up on us in recent years. But that attitude would be a welcome change and would make me feel good about their chances of winning a playoff game this year.

if they cant get excited to put the ravens out of the hunt in week 3 i dont know what will

But them ravens 0-2 heading into this stretch
Bengals
Steelers
Browns
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 04:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: The Rat fans are pretty funny in their thread. A couple are just saying "Andy will find a way to give it to us" but the reality is Andy was sharp in both Rat games last year. And a couple of others did realize that overall our defense has owned Joe Flacco.

1 person in that entire thread made a dumb post about Andy giving it to them. 1 out of 199 replies. How on earth is that the first thing you mention? You're absolutely hilarious.
Reply/Quote
Ravens - 24
Bengals 20

Ravens know their season is on the line this week. They are at home. We won two weeks in a row...recipe for a loss.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1 person in that entire thread made a dumb post about Andy giving it to them. 1 out of 199 replies. How on earth is that the first thing you mention? You're absolutely hilarious.

well how many raven fans are in there?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well how many raven fans are in there?

A lot.

There are 10+ pages of discussion with 1 random post that took a shot at Andy, and of course Joelist chooses to bring that front and center. He's a funny guy, watching him overreact to everything is very amusing.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 08:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know about freaking out so much as the realization that they're quickly becoming the Bengals of the 90s. I'd like to say that I feel sorry for them, but my parents taught me to be honest.

The "Bengals of the 90's"? Seriously??
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:18 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The "Bengals of the 90's"? Seriously??

Our fanbase is.....interesting.

The Ravens start 0-2 after making the playoffs and actually winning in them, and now they're somehow transforming into one of the worst decades of any franchise in sports history.

Brilliant!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Our fanbase is.....interesting.

The Ravens start 0-2 after making the playoffs and actually winning in them, and now they're somehow transforming into one of the worst decades of any franchise in sports history.

Brilliant!

yeah a bad few games a decade of woe does not make.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah a bad few games a decade of woe does not make.

The Ravens are about 80 bad games away from being compared to the Bengals of the 1990's...
Reply/Quote
I hope to God that we go there and wipe the floor with them like we should. We are so much better than them, and a pulverizing beatdown Sunday would send a message to the entire NFL: We are for real. (And not some in some up-and-coming cliche way, but as the team to beat in the league).

Also, I hate Baltimore, and would love nothing more than to see their faces when we are up by 30.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 05:18 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The flip side of this is true also: The Bengals have the opportunity to stick a dagger in their division rival while they are down.

This.

If every team playing like a "wounded animal" won then there would ne a lot more 8-8 teams and no 5-11 teams.

If the ravens lose at HOME this weekend to a division rival and drop to 0-3 they will be in a very bad place.  We need to make thst happen.
Reply/Quote
I suggest people pull up NFL Network On Demand and watch the replay highlights of the Ravens/ Raiders game. It was tied at the half. Ravens had the lead at the end but left Raiders with a 2 minute drill, and Raiders hit some big plays. ....If you watch this, you will see the Ravens can throw the ball. They have Smith a WR and another good WR and they have one heck of a TE and they have the veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring. .......The Bengals may have to score 40 points to win this game.

I'm hoping our Bengals win and go to 3-0, but those comparing 2015 Raven to the 1990's Bengals are way out there on Mars or someplace. This will be a tough game and our DB's will get tested all game long. I would say Kirkpatrick needs to step up his game 100 % or he will be burned all game. The Ravens can throw the ball and are at home in Baltimore where they are always tough. It's not just Flacco to Smith, but the TE and the other WR's, plus they can run the ball some. ....This game could go down to the last 2 minutes and who wins a 2 minute drill. They have a good head coach, they have a heck of a middle linebacker. ....I'm hoping we can run the ball a little and eat some clock and keep their D on the field instead of our D on the field all game. ....Oh yes, they have a great field goal kicker....They still have Super Bowl ring players including the quarterback...

I would never ever call at Baltimore a game we can just consider a win. Baltimore and Pittsburg have been the cream of the crop in the AFC North of playoff wins an Super Bowl wins....This will be one tough game....We have made 4 straight play-off seasons because we dominated the NFC and the other AFC teams the last 4 seasons, but in the AFC North the Bengals have not dominated and have went 3-3 or 2-4....and this is an AFC North game on the road.....If Bengals win, it will be a huge win. Any win we get at Baltimore is a huge win. ...It would be good to start 1-0 against the AFC North instead of 0-1.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: I suggest people pull up NFL Network On Demand and watch the replay highlights of the Ravens/ Raiders game. It was tied at the half. Ravens had the lead at the end but left Raiders with a 2 minute drill, and Raiders hit some big plays. ....If you watch this, you will see the Ravens can throw the ball. They have Smith a WR and another good WR and they have one heck of a TE and they have the veteran QB with a Super Bowl ring. .......The Bengals may have to score 40 points to win this game.

I'm hoping our Bengals win and go to 3-0, but those comparing 2015 Raven to the 1990's Bengals are way out there on Mars or someplace. This will be a tough game and our DB's will get tested all game long. I would say Kirkpatrick needs to step up his game 100 % or he will be burned all game. The Ravens can throw the ball and are at home in Baltimore where they are always tough. It's not just Flacco to Smith, but the TE and the other WR's, plus they can run the ball some. ....This game could go down to the last 2 minutes and who wins a 2 minute drill. They have a good head coach, they have a heck of a middle linebacker. ....I'm hoping we can run the ball a little and eat some clock and keep their D on the field instead of our D on the field all game. ....Oh yes, they have a great field goal kicker....They still have Super Bowl ring players including the quarterback...

I would never ever call at Baltimore a game we can just consider a win. Baltimore and Pittsburg have been the cream of the crop in the AFC North of playoff wins an Super Bowl wins....This will be one tough game.

The Bengals have a much better defense than the Raiders. Flacco won't be able to throw the ball like he was able to against them.
Reply/Quote
I think I've picked against the Bengals the first two weeks, why stop now? 

Dalton's haters will love this week when he throws not 1, not 2, but 3 picks, one will be a pick six and the Ravens go on to beat the Bengals 20-13. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote