Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Re-Sign....
The one player I really didn't want us to resign..

we resign. :/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Hope you guys realize this is our number 2 guy if we bomb with Marvin Jones and Sanu. Guys better take this signing seriously
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Overreactions are strong in this thread.

If it's like his last one, we can cut him without losing much (40$K?) if a better opportunity presents itself in the draft or free agency. Nothing wrong with having him as a 'worst case scenario' heading into camp if we can't draft/sign a better option.

Now, if he's still here in August, I'll grouse. Nothing wrong till then.

I agree completely....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Woooo !!! Super Bowl here we come !!!! (Sarcasm)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: benjarvus-green-ellis-mike-brown-knee.jpg]

Ninja Ninja Ninja

I know this isn't what I'm supposed to be noticing, but is it just the angle or is his hand ginormous? *Insert GOP debate joke here*
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I have no idea what dirt he has on who, but somehow they still haven't had enough of his awfulness

Hahaha, thats funny.

But in all seriousness, I believe Brandon Tate is a bengal. He will def retire one, and is loyal. Loyalty goes a long way in life. This is something mike brown gets taken advantage of year in, and year out. I would say get used to it, but i am sure you probably are.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We've been saying this for 4 years. And he's still here. 

And every August I grouse. LOL

Till then, there's nothing really wrong with the re-signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: benjarvus-green-ellis-mike-brown-knee.jpg]

Ninja Ninja Ninja
He forgot to give it a squeeze before getting out.

If you're gonna roll with Mikey you gotta pay the toll.

Next stop...   outta the league !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:05 PM)Benton Wrote: And every August I grouse. LOL

Till then, there's nothing really wrong with the re-signing.

There is though. He's established bad. This is something they could do to attempt a minor upgrade on a more unknown but higher upside player. 
This team is virtually 100% risk-adverse. They stick with a bad player because they know him
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:05 PM)Gohards Wrote: Hahaha, thats funny.

But in all seriousness, I believe Brandon Tate is a bengal. He will def retire one, and is loyal. Loyalty goes a long way in life. This is something mike brown gets taken advantage of year in, and year out. I would say get used to it, but i am sure you probably are.

In life? Sure.

In winning Super Bowls, or heck, even a singular playoff game in 25 years? Nope.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe I stated how in the post. Team doesn't want an inexperienced guy being the primary returner without a vet there. If Adam Jones were coming back then they'd be fine with a newbie as the returner. I think that's pretty simple and pretty obvious actually.

Tate wasn't going to get any serious interest from other teams, so why would you lock this guy up?

Look, rosters spots are valuable. There's only 53 of them and only 46 can dress for a game. So why spend one on a guy like Tate unless you already know your All-Pro returner ain't gonna be back?

They wouldn't be fine with a rookie as a returner if Adam Jones was back. Tate has manned the primary returner spot for years now not Jones. Jones came in on selected occasions him or Tate re-signing here wouldn't change that. They have been reluctant on giving Tate the boot for years because of his experience. It seems like an overreaction because there isn't anything that supports your claim.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: There is though. He's established bad. This is something they could do to attempt a minor upgrade on a more unknown but higher upside player. 
This team is virtually 100% risk-adverse. They stick with a bad player because they know him

I thought Mario Alford might when we drafted him. I think there's been picks over the last couples years they've looked at as possible Tate replacements, but that's never translated to anything on the field.
Reply/Quote
Well, one less draft need. Really opens us up to pick BPA with the undrafted rookie FAs after the 7th round.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:28 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: https://twitter.com/bengals/status/705805273470992385

Facepalm  That sucks ass! Dennis Roland must have given those pics of Marvin cheating on his wife to Tate!
Reply/Quote
Of course. We see where their priorities have been.

Down to 7 million in cap space left if you let Hobs tell it.

Look for V.Rey to eat up the remaining cap space.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Of course. We see where there priorities have been.

Down to 7 million in cap space left if you let Hobs tell it.

Yep once you take out the $1 mil for potential dead money for tate in the off chance we cut him and the $5 mil for a contract extension we have to set aside in case we sign him to a big money deal next year. Basically we can only sign one more FA for vet minimum or we'll risk being close to possibly being near getting into a little bit of a slightly possibly could be somewhat near cap space trouble. Better to play it safe than risk that
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:18 PM)Benton Wrote: I thought Mario Alford might when we drafted him. I think there's been picks over the last couples years they've looked at as possible Tate replacements, but that's never translated to anything on the field.

They are never given real chances to succeed. In pre-season Tate took damn near every return.
Reply/Quote
We've made the playoffs every year Tate has been here, so if you want to let him walk and watch it become the 90s again FINE BY ME! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They are never given real chances to succeed. In pre-season Tate took damn near every return.

This. As long as Tate is on the roster, the other options won't be given as many opportunities to succeed. And if those players don't absolutely WOW in their very limited attempts, the inclination is to go with the player the team is used to.

Sometimes, to see how far you can really go, you have to remove the safety net.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They are never given real chances to succeed. In pre-season Tate took damn near every return.

So is Tate like the Mike Nugent of the return game?
Reply/Quote