Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Re-sign Adam Jones
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/707715863382794240
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/707716101623382016

3 years, worth not announced. Thank God, I didn't want to see Kirkpatrick v #1s for a whole year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Boom. Apparently we gave him the fair deal he was looking for.
Reply/Quote
Awesome! I can finally feel solid about this free agency. Nicely done bengals, now if we can just get vinny, gillberry, or Nelson back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wooo !!!! Thank God :) our heart and soul is back now I hope we can somehow get Reggie back
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Thats what i am talkin about. Nice first day fellas.

Iloka and Adam is better than i thought. I love Reggie but with him being about 6 or 7 years older than
George i doubt he would of been able to replicate last years interception numbers. Plus it looked like
Reggie's tackling was already starting to fall off. Iloka was better for the team to re-sign.

Adam has less wear and tear than Hall and was our best CB and is still one of if not the best returner
in the league. His passion is also something you just cannot get while looking around. So happy this
guy is back, i cannot say this enough. What Trademark was saying earlier about him going to the
Dolphins made no sense, they already had Amakumura and Maxwell.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Awesome! I can finally feel solid about this free agency. Nicely done bengals, now if we can just get vinny, gillberry, or Nelson back.
Gilberry and Vinny need to be next. Reggie is gone. Thought I saw a thread saying we had no interest?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats what i am talkin about. Nice first day fellas.

Iloka and Adam is better than i thought. I love Reggie but with him being about 6 or 7 years older than
George i doubt he would of been able to replicate last years interception numbers. Plus it looked like
Reggie's tackling was already starting to fall off. Iloka was better for the team to re-sign.

Adam has less wear and tear than Hall and was our best CB and is still one of if not the best returner
in the league. His passion is also something you just cannot get while looking around. So happy this
guy is back, i cannot say this enough. What Trademark was saying earlier about him going to the

Which will be hilarious to watch next year. Amukamara will get hurt in training camp and Maxwell will continue to be turrible... and the Dolphins dumpster fire will blaze strong.

Reply/Quote
Please keep Reggie Nelson...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:16 PM)BengalsIronMan Wrote: Gilberry and Vinny need to be next. Reggie is gone. Thought I saw a thread saying we had no interest?

Well I saw an article saying we had no interest in Adam too so....

You can bet at the right price we'd sign Reggie in a heartbeat 
Reply/Quote
Praise Jesus. Love the PacMan!

Reply/Quote
This is good news. Gotta tip the hat to the team on Day 1. We ribbed em like usual, but today, two must signs got done.

As for Reggie, a two year deal was offered and Nelson balked, the Bengals didn't counter....doesn't mean the parties won't work something out, just means the talks stalled.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Props to the FO. As much as I love Reggie, it was probably smarter to lock up the younger player first (Iloka). Keeping Adam Jones was almost necessary. Also, it was smart to let MLJ and Sanu walk, considering their price.

Bengals win day 1. Now find a veteran WR that can play while a rookie gets up to speed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/707715863382794240
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/707716101623382016

3 years, worth not announced. Thank God, I didn't want to see Kirkpatrick v #1s for a whole year.

Apparently, neither did Marvin Lewis.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is good news.  Gotta tip the hat to the team on Day 1.  We ribbed em like usual, but today, two must signs got done.

As for Reggie, a two year deal was offered and Nelson balked, the Bengals didn't counter....doesn't mean the parties won't work something out, just means the talks stalled.

Yup Nelson will see what his market is, and if he doesn't get an offer he likes I'm sure we will start up negotiations again. I'm not scared either way, I think Williams will be able to step up and become a good starter. Not saying that we will not have a drop off but I think we made the right choice bringing back the younger option. I hope we see Nelson resign a reasonable contract for 1-3 years still though, I love him as a player. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is good news.  Gotta tip the hat to the team on Day 1.  We ribbed em like usual, but today, two must signs got done.

Agreed about Reggie. Reggie is our biggest FA still out there. I'm sure they're still seeing if they can bring him back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Awesome! I can finally feel solid about this free agency. Nicely done bengals, now if we can just get vinny, gillberry, or Nelson back.
Pretty sure that Nelson's gone, which, at his age, I'm ok with.

I think there's better options on the roster, in FA, or in the draft.  I think he'd bring out defensive backfield down.  

He did have a lot of INTs last year (league tying for the most), but how many of them were good plays and how many were just horrible overthrows or underthrows by the quarterback?  

Don't get me wrong because he was a solid hitter and playmaker, but I'm not going to pretend like he was making Hall of Fame plays when he was just playing centerfield and catching bad throws.  Go look up a Youtube highlight video from last season if you think I'm lying.
(03-09-2016, 09:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats what i am talkin about. Nice first day fellas.

As of this morning, I would have bet the house on him being gone because it just seemed inevitable, but I'm so pumped he's back because he's one of the most underrated corners in the league, especially at shut-down man coverage.  I'd put him in the top 15 or even ten.  

I'm also pumped for his return abilities, but they don't like him returning when he's been on the field on defense for more than a series or so, which he will be now that Hall is gone (most likely).  That's stupid, to me, though, because it doesn't take all that much energy to return punts or at least call a fair catch and prevent Tate from doing so inside the 5 or trying to return one from that deep.
(03-09-2016, 09:24 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Please keep Reggie Nelson...

Nah........  too old, and see above.  We need our young guys to step-up and maybe we draft someone.
Reply/Quote
Apparently it's 3 years $20M.

A bit too much imo.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently it's 3 years $20M.

A bit too much imo.

That is a fantastic deal if Jones stays healthy.  Top free agent CB's get over $14 million a year.
Reply/Quote

A bit too much imo.

Look at it this way. We just paid Leon $9 million last year.

$6.7 per for Adam is probably a relative bargain.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

A bit too much imo.

Wow, I should have played the free agency game. I pegged Adam at 3yr/$21m multiple times on the forum in the past.

Reply/Quote