Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Roster Ranked Near the Bottom of the NFL
(07-12-2021, 10:01 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: You claimed you can't see how this coaching can improve their play. I've given you examples of players who have improved their play. Carl Lawson also improved his play and earnt a big pay day out of it.

But how many have moved on and experienced success elsewhere?

Look at someone like Tyler Eifert for example. His PFF grade was down from 2018 (Lewis' last season) to 2019 (Taylor's first season), but then when he left the Bengals in 2020 it dropped again.

Darqueeze Dennard's PFF grade went up in 2019 but then down when he moved on in 2020.

Dre Kirkpatrick's PFF grade went up in 2019 but then down when he moved on in 2020.

Dunlap is the only one I can think of who has moved elsewhere and seems to be prospering but even that's in a reduced role.

If it is down to coaching where are the players who are leaving the Bengals and going onto bigger success? Dalton's only a back-up,  Ross is a training camp flier who can be easily cut, Geno is unsigned, AJ Green got a contract he would have flat out rejected had the Bengals offered it a year ago. I've named 3 first round picks who went elsewhere and their PFF grades dipped. Where's the evidence it is the coaching and not the players?

I didn't say that. I say that this coaching staff has not, by and large, improved the play of the team as evidenced by the declining record since this staff arrived and that the play has declined.

You are trying to single out players, but forget about the team. The team has declined. 6 wins in two seasons is a decline.

Taylor has gotten less out of the players. Of course, another way of wording that is that Marvin got more out of the players. Carlos Dunlap has 1 sack last season under Taylor and Lou, but 5 after moving to Seattle. How many other players are being held back by this inept staff?

It's pretty simple to me. The team record tells all. It's interesting how, in 2018, the team started 5-3 before losing AJ and Dalton to injury, then finishing 6-10. Yet some how you feel the players improved under Taylor, a guy who took two years to get to 6 wins total. Laughable!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote