Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Steelers Predictions
Rookie QB

Primetime game

Steelers

Steelers may be 0-3, but if Zac can win this game it'd exorcise some demons. Be a place to start at least. Let's say Bengals 20 Steelers 10
Reply/Quote
Steelers defense is bad. Mixon goes off as well does Ross. Bengals 28 Steelers 13.
Reply/Quote
I'm either full for false hope or delusional, but a win this week sure would put a smile on my face. Bengals 24, Squeelers 17
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Taylor buys a lot of credit if he pulls one out and sends Pittsburgh to 0-4.

Also, I couldn't get the day off work, so I don't get to watch. When I stopped watching Sunday, the Bengals took the lead.

They finally play a complete game.

Bengals 34-Steelers 27
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:21 AM)kevin Wrote: I Predict this is a meeting of two teams that are 0-3, and one will leave the field 0-4.  

The QB that replaced Big Ben doesn't look too bad and that is bad news for Bengals.

Steelers almost beat the 49ers, and that is bad news for Bengals.  

Bengals very weak on offensive line and that is bad news for Bengals.  

Bengals one hope is the Any Given Sunday, but at 0-3 the Steelers feel they are due for a win also.

But the game is on Monday...crap.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I predict very low TV ratings for this Monday Night Stinker. Two 0-3 teams on Monday Night Football.

In old ABC days Howard Cosell would be complaining that they should be able to switch games, and nobody wants to see two 0-3 teams on Monday Night Football. He would spend the night saying what an awful game this is to put on Monday Night Football.

So Steelers and Bengals fans will watch it, but most of USA will be watching other channels. Look for one of the lowest TV ratings ever for Monday Night Football. Having two 0-3 teams on is nothing to watch.

This is a real Monday Night Stinker, not a good game at all. So Bengals will be on Monday Night but few in USA will turn this lousy game on.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals have lost two close games and could have been 2-1. Players have stated openly that they love to play for Taylor and will not quit on him.

Seattle game Bengals show up and put up impressive numbers. Bengals finally win and Taylor breaks the Monday Night football curse. One of many curses for Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:26 AM)Adamantium Wrote: This is probably the most winnable game thus far, but even then, this shit roster finds a way to lose. 17-10 Steelers.

And then we get another speech by Zac Taylor, who is trying damn hard bless his heart, but dammit this roster sucks.

Once again,the refs give the game to the stoolers as they all love the rooneys.They will allow the stoolers O-line to hold all game the the rook will just kill us over the middle with passes to tightends and fast receivers and we are going to get blowed out. Some of these crooked refs need to be fired and fined big time.Watching games anymore is a joke as they allow teams to hold against us all game and is never called.ZT needs to file a former complaint to the league and demand a hearing.Higher ups see this crap and it never stops.Being a small market team is bad news and especially if you are the NATI. Just watch,you will see what I am talking about and it gives the bad guys the game. So tired of it.
Reply/Quote
They won't kill us because they have lost all the killer bees. They will just torture us 34-17
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not attacking you, but I want to honestly discuss this.

I would be curious to know other people's opinions as well.  

Here is my summary on the roster:

I really like the defensive line.  They have good size and strength in the middle with Glasgow, Billings, Topou, and Wren.  Of course Geno is a great 3T, and I love Hubbard, Carlos, and Lawson.  They will need to add another outside pass rusher to rotate with Carlos but I think they are a solid position group overall.

The linebackers are awful.  Vigil is the best of the group and he is not one that can diagnose and play downhill like the great ones.  We don't know about Pratt yet, but it was nice to see him basically get tackled and thrown to the ground (holding?) on a key third down.  Two key additions are needed here and I wish they could have done it with FA so we didn't have to wait to develop.  I still agree with drafting Williams in Rd 1, but LB should have been addressed higher than Rd 3.  

The secondary, I believe, gets a bad rap.  Look at how they handled Seattle minus a couple plays when the defensive line gets penetration.  They are often asked to cover way too long.  I think they need depth at the slot corner position, but maybe they will improve when Dennard returns, who I believe is one of our most underrated players.  I really, really wanted Derwin James, as I think a piece like that would be a huge playmaker on this defense.  Shawn Williams is late to diagnose and a bad tackler.  I would like to see Fej get more snaps in rotation here.  Bates is puzzling to me.  A great center fielder but seems to be overthinking things now.  Hope he shapes up like WJIII did after a brief slump.

On the offensive side of the ball, it is pretty straightforward.  They have weapons at QB, RB, WR, and TE.  But the offensive line is a glaring weakness.  It isn't like they didn't try.  First and second round picks on Ced and Fish (Strike one, strike two), Price drafted as first rounder (Foul tip), and Williams drafted in Rd 1 (incomplete).  But they HAVE made the right decision on Hopkins, Miller, and Hart.  Maybe Price will be a solid guard?  I haven't seen the rankings but it appeared that it was Andre that struggled the most.  If they had Williams at LT and Glenn at LG, the season might look quite a bit different than it does.  I am not going to rip the coaches and the talent level based on two key injuries. They clearly need to look for a beast at LG and maybe Price can develop in to the RG of the future.  

One thing that I though improved against Buffalo (I really had to search for something) was that they did run the ball on occasion.  Even if it only yielded a couple yards, the offense HAS to be less predictable and one dimensional.  They FINALLY ran the ball to Gio.  Didn't get much, but does anyone else realize that EVERY TIME he is in the game, it is clearly to pass protect?  That is too damn predictable.  I don't care if Mixon only gets 20 yards on 10 carries to start a game.  To make this offense work, they need to keep handing the ball off and stay balanced.  There were a few really nice runs against Buffalo.  Running on pitt will be tough, but I like that match up a lot better than Andy getting crushed from all sides when no receivers get separation quickly.  

Huber has been good, if inconsistent and Randy is fat.  

All in all, if they could go out and sign a really good LB in FA and Pratt develops, the defense could be solid.  At least mid-pack if not a little better.  The offense really needs Williams to be as advertised.  I think Glenn is done and I think that the Bengals need to look long and hard at drafting another guard.  It isn't a dumpster fire.  It is a good overall roster with a few really big holes.  
Once again,I truly believe the crooked refs will give the game to the stoolers as they all worship the rooneys.Believe that.Our lbers are just awlful,super slow and number 36 is late to the dance everytime.Tight ends and fast receivers over the middle will kill us and their rook qb is legit.He can sling it and is very accurate. We are going to be embarrassed on national tv once again.My prediction and when Green returns,old Dalton will throw only to him and trust me,the return of green will not be much of an improvement.Football all starts with your lines,folks.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton, a 9th year vet, has repeatedly proved to us he shits the bed in prime time, especially against rivals. Same roster + same qb = another prime time loss.

21-17 Steelers.
Reply/Quote
2 horrible NFL teams, someone has to win.

I give Steelers the nod at home 24 to 20.

Bengals go to 0-4 and Zac has to wait a week to win first game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Low scoring game.

Both Teams will attempt to run. Pitt is focusing on stopping the run - as per Watt.

Pitt will bring inside blitz constantly.

Rudolph will have a big day, as Bengals will focus on stopping the run as well.

I want to see our defense being physical. Pitt will have their guards and C pull, which means our LBs have to react quickly to fill the gaps.

I want to see Taylor come up with a scheme to counter their zone.

If we can pass against their zone with three receiving options, this should be a good game.

Ross has to step up here and stretch their zone.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:37 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Um....its a Monday night game.

The league will still take mercy on football fans everywhere and move the game to 2:30 Tuesday afternoon, where it will get pummeled in the ratings by Judge Judy and Ellen.

(09-25-2019, 05:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals go to 0-4 and Zac has to wait a week to win first game.

You hope.  Well, we hope.  If they lose that AZ game I'll be lighting my teeth on fire as I leave PBS  Pissed

31-13 Steelers.  The Bengals are good for what ails ya  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
38-3 Steelers
Reply/Quote
3 injured Bengals and a bunch of sketchy calls in favor of the stoolers. The Bengals are clearly not a good team yet but look better than the rapist-less stoolers. Score doesn’t matter, no way the nfl lets their cash cow team lose to us on Monday night.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E

someone had to post it.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what to expect. I could easily see the Steelers winning. They have a significantly better offensive line. Defenses maybe a push. QB we should have the advantage, but I could see Rudolph breaking out against our defense as so many young QBs have in the recent past. We definitely have the nod in the skill position standpoint.

What will really be interesting to see is how our coaching staff stacks up. In an even match-up like this, coaching makes the difference. Will Zac Taylor usher in a new era? Or will he fall into the defeated mindset that Marvin fell into. Hard to overcome that defeated nature that the players have experienced the last several years.

I'll predict a tie because I don't know which way it'll go.
Reply/Quote
2 whiskeys and 4 beers
Reply/Quote
Maybe this will end up being a heavy field goal game with few or no TDs.

15-9 Steelers
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote