Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trading Up in 1st ?
Not sure if posted already but did not notice it.

Two different articles on CBS are suggesting the Bengals are trading up in 1st.

Mocking Bengals selecting DE Solomon Thomas with the 4th pick of the draft.

Would love for the Bengals to make a bold move like this. Especially if they move AJM for an extra pick to help replace picks traded.

Thoughts, would you do it or stay put ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure if posted already but did not notice it.  

Would love for the Bengals to make a bold move like this. Especially if they move AJM for an extra pick to help replace picks traded.

I'd have to see what we would give up, but generally moving up spots this high in the draft costs a whole lot so I'd rather stay put
Reply/Quote
If it costs less than a 2nd round pick, I'd do it.

But 1st and 2nd to move up 5 slots would be terrible.
Reply/Quote
Think they were suggesting our 1st and a comp pick or two that we have acquired.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If it costs less than a 2nd round pick, I'd do it.

But 1st and 2nd to move up 5 slots would be terrible.

Agree no way would I give our 1st and 2nd

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:28 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'd have to see what we would give up, but generally moving up spots this high in the draft costs a whole lot so I'd rather stay put

Maybe not as expensive since the team trading would only move down 5 spots as well. 

But agree would not break the bank doing so, but we know MB will not pay too much. 

Like him or not, he is shrewd. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Bengals must really like Thomas if this is accurate. If they stay put, there is a chance, albeit small,
they could get Allen or Howard. Thomas was in beast mode in bowl game but I always thought a little raw. If they trade AJM and get another 2nd, then yes, if Thomas is their guy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals must really like Thomas if this is accurate.  If they stay put, there is a chance, albeit small,
they could get Allen or Howard.  Thomas was in beast mode in bowl game but I always thought a little raw. If they trade AJM and get another 2nd, then yes, if Thomas is their guy.

Not sure of accurate but believe speculative. 

One article said 9 teams could potentially trade up and the other was a mock that actually had 5 teams trading up. Bengals and Browns were both teams that traded up in mock. Browns they had taking Trubisky at believe 6th pick.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure of accurate but believe speculative. 

I could see the Bengals staying put at 9th and packaging a 3rd with comp pick to move into round 2 for someone.  If they get Brown's 33rd pick for AJM, and two other 2nd rounders, with Allen or Howard at 9, could be pretty good draft.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 11:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I could see the Bengals staying put at 9th and packaging a 3rd with comp pick to move into round 2 for someone.  If they get Brown's 33rd pick for AJM, and two other 2nd rounders, with Allen or Howard at 9, could be pretty good draft.  

Am fine with this as well and would like Barnett if so and try and move up for Cam Robinson later. Would be very happy if this happened.

Still would be exciting to see Bengals become a player in a trade like the one mentioned. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If the Jags really want Fournette, like so many people seem to think, they probably wouldn't be able to get him at 9. Plus, I've seen countless mocks that have Thomas going to SF.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't know. I have a hard time believing this. There are guys I'd take ahead of Thomas if we traded up to 4. Allen is one of them.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I read a similar article, but the trade up was for Fournette. I like Solomon's potential, but not sold on him. The West coast has had more than its share of one hit wonders.

Perhaps he really impressed the scouting dept & coaches. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I'm not in charge. I like where the team is sitting just fine. Foster,Howard,Adams,Fournette, & Allen all look very good at #9 imho. Even McCaffrey is probably gonna be a stud for someone's squad.
Reply/Quote
There is no chance in hell the Bengals trade up for anyone. There is a slight outside chance we trade down i would say though, a precedent for this has been set for this in the not so distance past.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 10:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure if posted already but did not notice it.  

I stay put.  In fact, I try to slide back a few more spots and gain an additional 2nd rounder.  I doubt that offer is there, but if it is I jump at it.

I would love it if the Bengals could come away with a WR, OT/G, and DE in the first two rounds.  Then they could go after the RB, TE, LB, etc with the remaining picks to create some competition for spots at the bottom of the roster.  

My guess, in the end, is we end up with Derek Barnett.  I like him a lot, but would rather get the WR like Ross or Davis and get the DE in the 2nd like Jordan Willis.  
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 03:22 AM)Shady Wrote: I don't know. I have a hard time believing this. There are guys I'd take ahead of Thomas if we traded up to 4. Allen is one of them.

Allen's shoulder issues are a concern and some mocks now have him falling to us at pick 9 and some say all the way to pick 15.

Great player as long as it is not arthritis in shoulder then yes. If it is he will not last long in league. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 06:21 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: There is no chance in hell the Bengals trade up for anyone. There is a slight outside chance we trade down i would say though, a precedent for this has been set for this in the not so distance past.

This is very true and is why it would excite me to see it happen. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I stay put.  In fact, I try to slide back a few more spots and gain an additional 2nd rounder.  I doubt that offer is there, but if it is I jump at it.

I would love it if the Bengals could come away with a WR, OT/G, and DE in the first two rounds.  Then they could go after the RB, TE, LB, etc with the remaining picks to create some competition for spots at the bottom of the roster.  

My guess, in the end, is we end up with Derek Barnett.  I like him a lot, but would rather get the WR like Ross or Davis and get the DE in the 2nd like Jordan Willis.  

Am fine if this happens as well. Really like Barnett but worries me that someone moves up at last minute and takes him. 

Have seen many Bengals targets go off the board in similar fashion. 

Like having extra pick as well and this is why I would move AJM. Still would be fine moving back "if" our targeted player is still going to be there. If not stay at 9 or move up.

We really need starters out of this draft somehow. But finding them is never a given.  

Would actually like to stay at 9 and trade up for a later first round pick and get Cam Robinson which would cost less and still trade AJM for an extra 2nd or a 3rd if it were me. 

Yet if they like someone enough to move up I would applaud the move as well. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Would love the luxury of taking a WR high in draft as well.

But think we have much bigger problems than this and think only a late round flyer or two should be used.

AJ is AJ, believe Boyd will be improved greatly, LaFell is better than some give him credit for, being Erickson can contribute, Core could step up as well, and hopefully Eiffert will stay healthy for a change.

We have found WR's like Marvin Jones in fifth round before and would not take one before then. Would concentrate heavily on both Lines, LB, and RB early.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
These guys tend to know very little about team history when doing these things, simply put the Bengals do not trade up. With that said this is the first year comp picks are tradeable, so it could happen but history says we value quantity. I think we could see some trades after the first however to move up. 11 guys plus UDFAs is a lot to carry from a draft class so I could see them consolidating a pick or two to move up after the first for guys they covet,
Reply/Quote