Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Trading Up in 1st ?
(04-10-2017, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I stay put.  In fact, I try to slide back a few more spots and gain an additional 2nd rounder.  I doubt that offer is there, but if it is I jump at it.

I would love it if the Bengals could come away with a WR, OT/G, and DE in the first two rounds.  Then they could go after the RB, TE, LB, etc with the remaining picks to create some competition for spots at the bottom of the roster.  

My guess, in the end, is we end up with Derek Barnett.  I like him a lot, but would rather get the WR like Ross or Davis and get the DE in the 2nd like Jordan Willis.  
imo the bengals are hoping Mixon is there in rd #2....

i'd move up for a 3rd but not a 1st & a 2nd....i'd stay at 9 & hope to get Howard.....look for DE's in the 3rd & 4th rds....Mixon in rd 2 is too good to pass up....I see no chance DE Jordan Willis gets out of rd #1....forget it....not going to happen...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: agree the extra pick is needed but think there is going to be a player at #9 that is worth taking as well. 

Would be fine either way, because if they do trade back then believe their targeted player is thought to still be available later and an extra pick is always sweet. 

Agreed, would be fine with staying at 9 but i don't want us to reach either if our guy is not there for say like Taco.

I would much rather us trade down if this is the case and get either Ross or one of the RB's than go DE in the 2nd.

(04-23-2017, 03:33 PM)bengalsdude Wrote: For those interested there is a modified trade value chart (better approximates pick value than the old Jimmy Johnson chart). Linked below.

Key takeaway, after pick 2 values drop significantly (makes sense as that is franchise QB territory).

Considering everyone wants to trade down (most reports), it's conceivable that jags would take a 3rd to move down to 9. I would rather stay pat, but just some food for thought if we loved Fournette for example.

http://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/

Cool stuff. Rock On
Reply/Quote