Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi's 5th year option declined
(05-04-2018, 04:37 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Og has to be in the running for worst first round pick in Bengals history.

What in the world were they thinking???

Plus- he was injured and sat out his first year.

The fact that main decision maker stuck by Bodine explains a lot I think.

I hope Ross does not become the second coming of Og and actually plays and helps the team this year.

Akili Smith, David Klingler, Reinard Wilson, et al welcome Ole -hee to the club!
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 04:47 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Akili Smith, David Klingler, Reinard Wilson, et al welcome Ole -hee to the club!

At least Wilson had some good years. Racked up 9.5 sacks one year IIRC. Klingler can at least partially blame his woes on a horrific line. Ogbuehi is up there. He'd be in the mix for #1 if he were a higher pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2018, 02:54 PM)pally Wrote: The deadline has passed and the Bengal's have officially not picked up Ogbuehi's 5th-year option.  This will be his make or break year not only for us but for staying in the league (except maybe Dallas).  Will this provide him some extra motivation to perform?  Maybe...but I am not really holding out hope since we haven't even seen flashes of first round brilliance

Someone will fall in love with his "athleticism" (Alexander) and sign him to a decent second contract and he will become a compensatory pick sooner than later.  There is always someone that thinks they can get more out of a first round bust.  More power to them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 05:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At least Wilson had some good years. Racked up 9.5 sacks one year IIRC. Klingler can at least partially blame his woes on a horrific line. Ogbuehi is up there. He'd be in the mix for #1 if he were a higher pick.

The DE from BYU back in the 80's.

So lame I can't remember his name.
Reply/Quote
Good. He's arguably the biggest bust we've drafted in the last decade. I think him, Fisher and Hart should be put on notice because all 3 are well below average. If I had my choice I'd start Perkins and look to make a trade or see if any solid vets are released.
Reply/Quote
biggest bust since Akili.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 09:49 AM)Crowe Wrote: Good. He's arguably the biggest bust we've drafted in the last decade. I think him, Fisher and Hart should be put on notice because all 3 are well below average. If I had my choice I'd start Perkins and look to make a trade or see if any solid vets are released.

I'm of half a mind to thinking that our starting RT for this season might not yet be on the team.  Plenty of veterans with good tread still on the tires will be looking for new homes, come preseason.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm of half a mind to thinking that our starting RT for this season might not yet be on the team.  Plenty of veterans with good tread still on the tires will be looking for new homes, come preseason.  

You could be right. What is the rule on that anyway? Can we still sign players once preseason begins? Also, when does FA end, is that still a possible play? I think I remember a trade in the middle of the season last  year with a WR going to Buffalo. (not from the bengals).

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The DE from BYU back in the 80's.

Jason Buck. Yes I had to cheat.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You could be right. What is the rule on that anyway? Can we still sign players once preseason begins? Also, when does FA end, is that still a possible play? I think I remember a trade in the middle of the season last  year with a WR going to Buffalo. (not from the bengals).

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/2/16240382/nfl-roster-cuts-how-waiver-wire-works
Reply/Quote
Waiting for an update from Hobson on Ced's off-season MMA training. Worked wonders for Ced last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 02:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You could be right. What is the rule on that anyway? Can we still sign players once preseason begins? Also, when does FA end, is that still a possible play? I think I remember a trade in the middle of the season last  year with a WR going to Buffalo. (not from the bengals).

Here are the key important dates for the 2018 season: https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-important-nfl-dates/
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:28 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Waiting for an update from Hobson on Ced's off-season MMA training. Worked wonders for Ced last year.

Maybe he'll fight Greg Hardy when he's out of the league?
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 09:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The DE from BYU back in the 80's.

Jason Buck #99
Reply/Quote
I'd definitely put Ced in the top 5 of all time busts. He might have been the 21st pick, but they hyped him like a top 5 overall pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 03:27 PM)Neon Icon Wrote: I think Pollacks scheme is the variable. I don't see CO fitting well is Pollack's scheme is power and Ced is finesse.

As far as 'coaching up'...Pollack had the most physically talented offensive line in the NFL before he got there. He became offensive line coach in 2015 there.

Frederick was a 1st Team All Pro in 2014.
Tyron Smith was All Pro in 2011, 2012, and 2014.
Zach Martin was All Pro in 2014.

So when he became line coach, he inherited 3 All-Pro's.

I do think his scheme will fit our players well. The Bengalz like to draft guys who set strength recordz and Pollacks power scheme fitz that well.

And they pretty much declined as a group since then - though there were significant injuries.

Just the same...
Reply/Quote