Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals UDFAs Official Thread
(04-25-2020, 10:46 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Warren signed with the Eagles unfortunately. 

Really think the Bengals dropped the ball a bit in not snagging Warren and Moss. Warren being from UC and Moss playing with Burrow (and going to Boone County HS) seems like they really should have been shoe-ins to sign here.

Obviously not crushing blows, but those are the type of guys you'd like to see the team snap up instantly and you'd think they had the inside track on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh man, I remember the old joke about the Bengals. "4 Johnsons and a Big Willie" back in 2007 I think it was? Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson, Jeremi Johnson, Landon Johnson, and Willie Anderson.

Landon Johnson!  That's the one Johnson I can never remember.  Thank you!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Then we also got Tank Johnson, but Big Willie was already gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Really think the Bengals dropped the ball a bit in not snagging Warren and Moss. Warren being from UC and Moss playing with Burrow (and going to Boone County HS) seems like they really should have been shoe-ins to sign here.

Obviously not crushing blows, but those are the type of guys you'd like to see the team snap up instantly and you'd think they had the inside track on.

What if they wanted to go somewhere else? Also if his last name wasn't Moss or if he didn't go to UC no one would care about where either of those 2 went.

Moss has played one year (basically) of college ball and decided to leave after his Junior year, going undrafted. That tells enough about what he cares about to me. Maybe Joe didn't like him? Who knows.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:28 AM)TheSweetness Wrote: What if they wanted to go somewhere else? Also if his last name wasn't Moss or if he didn't go to UC no one would care about where either of those 2 went.

Moss has played one year (basically) of college ball and decided to leave after his Junior year, going undrafted. That tells enough about what he cares about to me. Maybe Joe didn't like him? Who knows.

Moss went undrafted because it was discovered in his Combine medical that he had a fracture that needed foot surgery, and then the Coronavirus lockdown happened so teams weren't able to get updated medical checks on his recovery from that surgery like they normally would have in previous years.

He was projected to go in the 3rd-5th round range before that happened.

He played for the CFB Champs, caught 47 passes, and had 0 drops. The Coronavirus lockdown is legitimately why he went undrafted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:15 AM)McC Wrote: Landon Johnson!  That's the one Johnson I can never remember.  Thank you!

Landon wasn’t part of it. Just the offensive guys and it was 06.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Really think the Bengals dropped the ball a bit in not snagging Warren and Moss. Warren being from UC and Moss playing with Burrow (and going to Boone County HS) seems like they really should have been shoe-ins to sign here.

The skins went into the draft with a big hole at TE and didn't draft one.  Moss has a great chance of making their roster and could potentially win the starting job in TC.  The Bengals have Uzomah on a fairly hefty contract and took Sample in the 2nd last year, so he's got an uphill battle for reps if he makes our roster, at least on paper.  Smart CFA's or the ones with good agents look to sign with teams that are weak at their position groups.  Only dumb ones sign with the hometown team or sign where their buddies were drafted.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Moss as much as anyone, but that doesn't seem to be the direction they are going in.. I kind of get the feeling that Taylor's offense just isn't geared toward being TE heavy in terms of receiving options. Their actions since he got here all point to that being the case.

They invested an early pick in a blocking TE last year. Eifert was let go. The guys here are mostly just guys. I'm not dogging Uzomah. He can be useful. I just think that if his Rams offenses were the template, he seeks to utilize several WRs and spread the ball among them fairly evenly.

They may not have a crazy good TE group, but the WR corps is stacked when healthy. Like stupid loaded. I think that this is by design.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:24 PM)McC Wrote: It's East Carolina University, so I'm thinking...somewhere in th eastern part of one of the Carolinas.   Don't ask me which.

LOL. Greenville, NC.

I worked there for 18 years before moving to Boise State. They're the same size schools. About 25,000 students I REALLY miss ECU. People there are alot more chill than out here. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:29 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: LOL. Greenville, NC.

I worked there for 18 years before moving to Boise State. They're the same size schools. About 25,000 students I REALLY miss ECU. People there are alot more chill than out here. 

ohhhhhh whats up? lol
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:33 PM)tBengal Wrote: Guy looks like Eric Winston

I was thinking Paul Alexander

In his too-early 2020 big board, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller ranked Iowa State senior G Josh Knipfel as the No. 9 draft-eligible guard prospect.

Knipfel (6'5/309) will look to make a strong draft push during his senior campaign in Ames. He is currently working on a string of 26 consecutive starts, having started at right guard for all 13 games each of the past two seasons. For his work in 2018, the senior earned All-Big 12 honorable mention. Knipfel's standing in the 2020 draft class will come into focus once we hit the winter.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: ohhhhhh whats up? lol

Meh. Looking forward to retirement. You?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:42 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Meh. Looking forward to retirement. You?

I'm only just getting started  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:42 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Meh. Looking forward to retirement. You?

Come down to Columbia, the capital of golf courses..LOL..I don't golf personally, but do fish occasionally. At least we have enough pine pollen every spring to turn everything yellowish green. Mellow It's retirement nirvana for a lot of old geezers for unexplained reasons.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: Come down to Columbia, the capital of golf courses..LOL..I don't golf personally, but do fish occasionally. At least we have enough pine pollen every spring to turn everything yellowish green. Mellow It's retirement nirvana for a lot of old geezers for unexplained reasons.

LOL. I know Columbia. I'm planning to retire in Colorado, where weed is legal. It's the only way to golf (or fish).  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh man, I remember the old joke about the Bengals. "4 Johnsons and a Big Willie" back in 2007 I think it was? Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson, Jeremi Johnson, Landon Johnson, and Willie Anderson.
Famous bit of cricket commentary from back in the day when England played the West Indies, and West Indian bowler Michael Holding was up to bowl to batsman Peter Willie.

“The bowlers Holding the Batsmans Willie”
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 09:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Trey Dishon, DL, Kansas State has signed with the Bengals according to his Instagram.

I’m new here, but ya’ll picked up the local kid and it’ll be fun to see if he sticks around for the practice squad.

He’s not fast but he did lead the Big 12 in QB pressures as a junior. He did draw a lot of double teams as a senior made some good plays. KSU did not have a terribly talented dline so maybe his play will elevate with more talented people around him.

Some of his weight is bad weight but a pro conditioning guy could convert some of that and maybe improve his burst.

Regardless what happens, it’ll be pretty cool if he can grind and in a couple years catch on to a roster.
Reply/Quote
8 UDFAs seem low
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 05:00 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: LOL. I know Columbia. I'm planning to retire in Colorado, where weed is legal. It's the only way to golf (or fish).  ThumbsUp

...or watch tv or drive or work or play guitar or listen to music or have a conversation with my wife or cut the grass or play basketball or walk the dog or watch a football game or...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:01 AM)Tatorhog Wrote: I’m new here, but ya’ll picked up the local kid and it’ll be fun to see if he sticks around for the practice squad.

He’s not fast but he did lead the Big 12 in QB pressures as a junior.  He did draw a lot of double teams as a senior made some good plays.  KSU did not have a terribly talented dline so maybe his play will elevate with more talented people around him.  

Some of his weight is bad weight but a pro conditioning guy could convert some of that and maybe improve his burst.  

Regardless what happens, it’ll be pretty cool if he can grind and in a couple years catch on to a roster.

Welcome to The Bengals Board!
Reply/Quote