Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals UDFAs Official Thread
(04-26-2020, 10:57 AM)McC Wrote: ...or watch tv or drive or work or play guitar or listen to music or have a conversation with my wife or cut the grass or play basketball or walk the dog watch a football game or...

Why is he conversing with your wife? Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 05:00 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: LOL. I know Columbia. I'm planning to retire in Colorado, where weed is legal. It's the only way to golf (or fish).  ThumbsUp

Certainly you trust the local cops when it comes to misdemeanor drug possession charges.. No? Ahh, c'mon.. What's wrong with spending some quality time with hardened career criminals in the South Carolina state penitentiary over a little weed? You might even have some quality time picking up trash chained to your peers along I-26..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:00 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Why is he conversing with your wife? Nervous

For his sake, I hope he's not.  For my sake, he can have at it.  You never realize how crucial distance is to a marriage until you don't have it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:03 AM)McC Wrote: For his sake, I hope he's not.  For my sake, he can have at it.  You never realize how crucial distance is to a marriage until you don't have it.

Conversation with my wife usually involves me getting accused of not doing things she's asked me to do that I have absolutely no memory of ever being asked to do.  Sound familiar anyone?  I'm convinced all wives have the same playbook..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: Conversation with my wife usually involves me getting accused of not doing things she's asked me to do that I have absolutely no memory of ever being asked to do.  Sound familiar anyone?  I'm convinced all wives have the same playbook..

It is 50% in their DNA and 50% passed down by their mother, sisters and other femaliens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:32 PM)pally Wrote: Thad Moss to Washington....sorry guys per schefter

I didn't really love the idea of drafting him.  How would he handle sitting behind Sample and Uzo?  Does he contribute on special teams?  It would be fun to have Randy Moss around, but I don't think he was a great fit as a player.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: Conversation with my wife usually involves me getting accused of not doing things she's asked me to do that I have absolutely no memory of ever being asked to do.  Sound familiar anyone?  I'm convinced all wives have the same playbook..

The "conversation" for most wives comes in the form of a thought...She thought about something, and you were supposed to read her mind.  Sometimes, they will even give you a mind-reading hint, like:  "I really don't like the color of our shutters", what that actually meant was she wanted to go to Home Depot (usually during an NFL game) and have you debate colors for an hour, bring home samples, and then have you paint them all in the next 24 hours.

I used to tell my ex, simply:  "Write it down.  Have you ever written down something you wanted me to do, or needed me to get, where I haven't obliged".  It usually shut her up, but she would still stomp around the house made that I didn't read her mind.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one has signed Trey Adams yet?

Trey said he is going to sign with Seattle.
Reply/Quote
I would have liked to see Hunter Bryant or Thaddeus Moss come in to what they could develop in to. We’re light at TE, so it could have ended up working well for both parties.

But...they’ve both signed elsewhere.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The "conversation" for most wives comes in the form of a thought...She thought about something, and you were supposed to read her mind.  Sometimes, they will even give you a mind-reading hint, like:  "I really don't like the color of our shutters", what that actually meant was she wanted to go to Home Depot (usually during an NFL game) and have you debate colors for an hour, bring home samples, and then have you paint them all in the next 24 hours.

I used to tell my ex, simply:  "Write it down.  Have you ever written down something you wanted me to do, or needed me to get, where I haven't obliged".  It usually shut her up, but she would still stomp around the house made that I didn't read her mind.  

Now, what is so hard to understand that when she says out loud that the kitchen needs cleaning that she means for YOU to clean the kitchen?  It is absolutely clear what she means cause sure as hell the "cleaning fairy" doesn't live in your house  Wink

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: It is 50% in their DNA and 50% passed down by their mother, sisters and other femaliens.

Is that from the book "McCisms, with McC"?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is that from the book "McCisms, with McC"?   Ninja

Page One.  But don't tell her I said that.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:57 AM)McC Wrote: ...or watch tv or drive or work or play guitar or listen to music or have a conversation with my wife or cut the grass or play basketball or walk the dog watch a football game or...

LOL...or just breathe. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Now, what is so hard to understand that when she says out loud that the kitchen needs cleaning that she means for YOU to clean the kitchen?  It is absolutely clear what she means cause sure as hell the "cleaning fairy" doesn't live in your house  Wink

Why leave any room for misinterpretation?  I don't say to a WR:  "Run some route and get open".  I would tell them where to go and how quickly they need to get there.  Men are good at tasks if the task is clear.  If it isn't clear, who's fault is that?
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Yes, another Captain... Tongue

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If I ever have a wife, I appreciate the recent posts to remember...burried deep in a place she will never look. Unless she values initial opinions of past undrafted Bengals free agents.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:03 AM)McC Wrote: For his sake, I hope he's not.  For my sake, he can have at it.  You never realize how crucial distance is to a marriage until you don't have it.

(04-26-2020, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: It is 50% in their DNA and 50% passed down by their mother, sisters and other femaliens.

This is classic stuff right here and a major reason I am not married. That and all my friends wives lol  Hilarious 

Poor bastids.
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen any other signings today, so I'm wondering if we're done.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is classic stuff right here and a major reason I am not married. That and all my friends wives lol  Hilarious 

Poor bastids.

These guys just have no self awareness. I realize I’m the pain in the ass in my marriage. My wife is a saint for putting up with me. Lol

Reply/Quote