Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals UDFAs
Just looking up Matt Johnson, the Bowling Green QB. There are A LOT of positive articles about him online, take the two below for example. Interesting to see what he can do.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/07/draft-matt-johnson-may-be-the-best-developmental-qb-in-the-draft/

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/matt-johnson-is-too-good-to-stay-a-secret

Reply/Quote
Damn Panther's are killing me, They got the WR Garrett that i wanted and Now S Cash. Grrrr What about this DE from Stony Brook Victor Ochi. Maybe this is a sign since im moving to Carolina. Any other Bengal fans in Carolina here?
Reply/Quote
Players i would like to get.

OG Darrell Greene San Diego ST. Grade 5.5
DE Victor Ochi Stony Brook Grade 5.3
OG Landon Turner North Carolina Grade 5.4
DT Destiny Vaeao Washington St. Grade 5.4
CB Nick VanHoose Northwestern Grade 5.3
WR DeRunnya Wilson Mississippi St. Grade 5.0 dude is 6'5" 224lbs
TE Bryce Williams East Carolina Grade 5.2
OLB Beniquez Brown Mississippi St. Grade 5.2
K Ka'imi Fairbairn UCLA Grade 5.2
Reply/Quote
Dare i say Shawn Oakman? is he worth a look if he is cleared of any wrong doing.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:46 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Didn't his winning kick bounce off the upright and in? Better lucky than good I guess... And how far was the OT kick he missed against Carolina in 2014?

Not saying I'm against Nugent being our kicker, but he's getting up there in and age we should be seriously looking for his replacement

Luck is the residue of skill.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 06:16 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Luck is the residue of skill.

... Not always. Nugent has been mediocre to above average with us. Not saying I want him gone, but I really hope they start seriously looking for his replacement soon
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn Panther's are killing me, They got the WR Garrett that i wanted and Now S Cash. Grrrr What about this DE from Stony Brook Victor Ochi.

(05-01-2016, 05:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Players i would like to get.

DE Victor Ochi Stony Brook Grade 5.3

Ochi went to the ravens.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:34 PM)kevin Wrote: Urban Meyer hasn't lost many games at Ohio State, but that Michigan State defense was tough....which makes me hope they take a good look at this LB named Harris from Michigan State. He sure came from a team that was playing some tough defense against Ohio State who was beating everybody else.

Most of that game was played in atrocious weather conditions and while MSU did play solid D the game was lost because of Tim Beck. All he had to do was keep giving the ball to Zeke. If he had OSU would have been playing for a chance to win another NC.

The very next week against TTUN, Urban put the O-line coach in the both with Beck to keep his ignorant ass in check and they smoked the Wolves at home.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Silverberry Mouhon DE Cincinnati (Tryout)

(05-01-2016, 12:57 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Trevon Coley DT Florida Atlantic

Also Gionni Paul LB from Utah was given a Mini-Camp Invite
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 05:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Dare i say Shawn Oakman? is he worth a look if he is cleared of any wrong doing.

Someone asked Hobson about that and he basically said no. So I wouldn't get your hopes up. 
Reply/Quote
I like Nugent as well, but when he misses it always seems to come back and haunt the Bnegals. Just think about the early miss in Denver. The FG would have made it 17-0 in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 06:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: ... Not always. Nugent has been mediocre to above average with us. Not saying I want him gone, but I really hope they start seriously looking for his replacement soon

Nugent being mediocre would actually be an improvement. He's consistently ranked in the 20s in FG%.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn Panther's are killing me, They got the WR Garrett that i wanted and Now S Cash. Grrrr What about this DE from Stony Brook Victor Ochi. Maybe this is a sign since im moving to Carolina. Any other Bengal fans in Carolina here?

Me, the Yellow D, and NC Bengal are in Carolina.  I am sure there are a few others.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone tell Ochi they just drafted like 10 other rushers this weekend
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn Panther's are killing me, They got the WR Garrett that i wanted and Now S Cash. Grrrr What about this DE from Stony Brook Victor Ochi. Maybe this is a sign since im moving to Carolina. Any other Bengal fans in Carolina here?

Yep. I live 15 minutes away from Charlotte (Don't let my name fool you).

Whereabouts will you be moving?
Reply/Quote

[Image: xYN6Wie.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 04:04 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Just looking up Matt Johnson, the Bowling Green QB. There are A LOT of positive articles about him online, take the two below for example. Interesting to see what he can do.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/07/draft-matt-johnson-may-be-the-best-developmental-qb-in-the-draft/

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/matt-johnson-is-too-good-to-stay-a-secret

I saw that we gave him a big signing bonus which is usually a good indicator that a UDFA will have a good chance at being above average. Obviously we have Mccarron but this kid could easily find a home here as we always have 3 QBs around.

I haven't been able to find much else out about signing bonuses for other players yet.
Reply/Quote
Gimme the LB outta ASU as my UDFA fav.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I live just outside of Columbia SC in Elgin..well sort of Elgin.. We're actually closer to Pontiac which is just a stop light on the way to Elgin..Nice area actually..
I'm still a BENGALS fan and couldn't care less about the Panthers..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nice thing about being in the Carolinas is when folks in Ohio are freezing their nuts off our nuts aren't quite frozen solid..lol
Summer however is another story..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote