Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Browns discussing trade...
So another fantasy thread despite multiple refutations showing that AJM is not as valuable as people on this board think he is.

He is a 5th round pick who was less than impressive when called on to play. We MIGHT get a third rounder.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
F them, where the hell was this trade when they was sitting at 12? Where was it when they was sitting at 25 before they blew the first pick in the 2nd? Last time I looked the same amount of QB's was off the board at 12 as there is now. Piss on them. Too late. We could have still got a top 10 player if they would have made the trade at any of those spots last night.
Reply/Quote
Well I don't know who to trust ...

Ian Rapoport is a trusted source and so is Jim O. so....

idk Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I feel a bit sorry for AJM to tell the truth. He COULD be a great starter for somebody and will never get his chance with a healthy Dalton! If I were him, I'd demand a trade immediately!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: F them, where the hell was this trade when they was sitting at 12? Where was it when they was sitting at 25 before they blew the first pick in the 2nd? Last time I looked the same amount of QB's was off the board at 12 as there is now. Piss on them. Too late. We could have still got a top 10 player if they would have made the trade at any of those spots last night.

At 12 they were trying to trade for Cousins.  Given the choice between McCarron and Cousins, you take Cousins all day.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: 52 + 2nd next year. We should root for Webb and Kizer to go quick.

I would like this a lot. We could get a pass rusher and a Center this way.

Or a RB...

But i doubt it happens though. I think he is just going to ride the bench this year and leave next year for nada.

Well handled i must say, if there is something i am mad about it is this. Take what you can get for the bench rider.
Reply/Quote
AJM has more value as a back up to us if we don't get our asking price. I am liking the idea of keeping him as a back up more and more. He is a great guy and deserves to start in this league. But I think he shot himself in the foot by saying he should be a unrestricted free agent next year that's dropped his value to other teams not being sure if they would have him for one year or two.
Reply/Quote
I'd take a 3rd this year and the Texans 1st next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: So another fantasy thread despite multiple refutations showing that AJM is not as valuable as people on this board think he is.

He is a 5th round pick who was less than impressive when called on to play. We MIGHT get a third rounder.

Kevin Kolb went for a 2nd and DRC and he frankly wasn't any good. Mahomes was acquired in a tradeback last night for a future 1st and 3rd and he is an admitted project who will take 2-3 years to be ready. If it was any position besides QB you'd be right, but not when it comes to QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:06 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Patriots declined trading Garroppolo to the Browns and Redskins don't want to trade Cousins either.

Hence my point, they have to come to McCarron, his system experience and seasoning over a rookie or qb they never really wanted. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like this a lot. We could get a pass rusher and a Center this way.

Or a RB...

But i doubt it happens though. I think he is just going to ride the bench this year and leave next year for nada.

Well handled i must say, if there is something i am mad about it is this. Take what you can get for the bench rider.
 Leave for nothing? one, he may be under contract again for us next year again for less than $800K a year? If not, we could put a second round tender on him and it would cost us around 1.5 million if no one comes and get shim for the 2nd round pick.

That is why this is complicated, he has a huge team friendly contract right now for a QB who has shown he has some ability to start in the NFL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If they still had the first pick today I would demand both 2nd RD picks. But they blew it with GB. Maybe we can get a 2nd and 3rd. Give GB the 9th pick this RD and a fourth to move up to the first pick today.
Reply/Quote
Here's the deal. Talks have been going on but it's mostly been one sided due to the Bengals wanting a unrealistic return for McCaron. The mods on this board knows this post has validity.

Browns offered the 52nd this year and a 2nd round 2018.

Rejected and will only do a 1st round pick which will not happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:28 PM)A10104747 Wrote: Here's the deal. Talks have been going on but it's mostly been one sided due to the Bengals wanting a unrealistic return for McCaron. The mods on this board knows this post has validity.

If this is true, shame on our front office. Makes me sick. Mccarron isn't even that good. He's serviceable.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:28 PM)A10104747 Wrote: Here's the deal. Talks have been going on but it's mostly been one sided due to the Bengals wanting a unrealistic return for McCaron. The mods on this board knows this post has validity.

If they rejected that they are dumb, that is actually the same trade I said they should offer the Browns a couple hours ago haha. Demanding a first for the sake of being able to say you got a 1st makes no sense. Pick 25 next year is worth less than 52 this year when using the trade value chart. Having the 2nd next year gives us way more value than a single 1st.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Marvin will push for a deal with draft picks in this draft since he may be gone next year.
Reply/Quote

Really?
Reply/Quote
At this point I'd trade Mac for a bag of Husman's BBQ. I'm ready to see the dude hit the field so we can see how wrong somebody was (maybe me).

Either way, I'm tired of speculation about trades and/or how great he will be. I'm ready to see it unfold.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
52 this year and their first second would be more than fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Browns will trade for another 2nd today and use both for AJM. That would be hard to pass up.
Reply/Quote