Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Browns discussing trade...
(04-28-2017, 05:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point I'd trade Mac for a bag of Husman's BBQ. I'm ready to see the dude hit the field so we can see how wrong somebody was (maybe me).

Either way, I'm tired of speculation about trades and/or how great he will be. I'm ready to see it unfold.

I think he's going to be pretty good. May be the best fit in Cleveland with Hue there. How often do you hear good fit QB Cleveland In the same sentence.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:28 PM)A10104747 Wrote: Here's the deal. Talks have been going on but it's mostly been one sided due to the Bengals wanting a unrealistic return for McCaron. The mods on this board knows this post has validity.

Browns offered the 52nd this year and a 2nd round 2018.

Rejected and will only do a 1st round pick which will not happen.

Eh tell Cleveland to throw in the first pick of the 3rd round this year. 

Or 52 and next years first from the Texans. Otherwise they can kick rocks 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think he's going to be pretty good. May be the best fit in Cleveland with Hue there. How often do you hear good fit QB Cleveland In the same sentence.

Hue is no doubt the best coach for him, and they're quietly assembling a wealth of talent in Cleveland. We'll see. I can't root against the guy, because he's such a good dude with a good story.

That said, I'd be lying if I said all the McCarron love hasn't been a tad annoying and over the top over the last couple years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
52 and Brock the back up.

Reply/Quote
You can't convince me that Cincy would not benefit greatly from the proposed trade. Getting 2 2nd rounders for a 5th rounder is a steal. Or on the flip side, you can let him walk and get nothing in return.

I believe those two second founders could help you win more now than a back up QB who will not play. Browns will not offer their first. It's a closed discussion unless Cincy calls and opens it back up.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hue is no doubt the best coach for him, and they're quietly assembling a wealth of talent in Cleveland. We'll see. I can't root against the guy, because he's such a good dude with a good story.

That said, I'd be lying if I said all the McCarron love hasn't been a tad annoying and over the top over the last couple years.

My love for AJM is strictly to get better compensation. He seems to be a great guy and I wish him success, but never at the expense of our team. He is over hyped by some, but watching teams giving up a first round, 2 - 3's and a 4 to move up 1 to select a rookie QB and teams giving up a 2017 and 2018 1st round pick and more to move up 17 spots just proved how crazy the QB market dictates. These rookies are not even projected ready to start in 2017.
Oh and don't forget the 3rd QB trade up 13 spots giving up 2 first round picks in 2017 and 2018...Scary stuff
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:28 PM)A10104747 Wrote: Here's the deal. Talks have been going on but it's mostly been one sided due to the Bengals wanting a unrealistic return for McCaron. The mods on this board knows this post has validity.

Wow... Mike brown f***s up yet again. You have got to be kidding me! How do you turn that down??
Reply/Quote
I'd take their 2nd round and their 3rd rounder this year. We need them badly
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wow... Mike brown f***s up yet again. You have got to be kidding me! How do you turn that down??

Most know by now that from time to time I'm not shy about supporting our front office decisions, but this I agree with. Makes me sick to my stomach. Ignorant.

Reply/Quote
So you guys are just taking him for his word that 2 2nds were offered? Lmao
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My love for AJM is strictly to get better compensation. He seems to be a great guy and I wish him success, but never at the expense of our team. He is over hyped by some, but watching teams giving up a first round, 2 - 3's and a 4 to move up 1 to select a rookie QB and teams giving up a 2017 and 2018 1st round pick and more to move up 17 spots just proved how crazy the QB market dictates. These rookies are not even projected ready to start in 2017.
Oh and don't forget the 3rd QB trade up 13 spots giving up 2 first round picks in 2017 and 2018...Scary stuff

No doubt. It seems the QB market is even crazier than usual this year, with all the trades up in what is supposedly a poor QB class.

Hopefully we get something done that benefits the team and McCarron. It literally sounded like it's killing the guy to sit the bench.

He was talking about not letting it affect his marriage for Pete's sake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Most know by now that from time to time I'm not shy about supporting our front office decisions, but this I agree with. Makes me sick to my stomach. Ignorant.

It's not like he hasn't turned down block buster trade offers before cough cough Rickey Williams. We should have been working in a trade with them before they traded away the first pick today. It is frustrating how stubborn he is though. I would tell Cleveland to find a way to get us 2 2nd round picks today and you have a deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  Leave for nothing? one, he may be under contract again for us next year again for less than $800K a year? If not, we could put a second round tender on him and it would cost us around 1.5 million if no one comes and get shim for the 2nd round pick.

That is why this is complicated, he has a huge team friendly contract right now for a QB who has shown he has some ability to start in the NFL

He may be and we could. Still, i say take what you can get for this guy while he has value.

I know you want the moon for him like the FO but he is simply not worth that from what he has shown on the football field
with a decent O-line and very good weapons. He didn't set the world on fire or anything Luvnit. Get something for the team.

We need it this year. Need a pass rusher, RB and Center with the next 3 pick IMHO. If we got this done it would really help.

I agree with The Real Deal, if this is true it is assinine.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:12 PM)A10104747 Wrote: You can't convince me that Cincy would not benefit greatly from the proposed trade. Getting 2 2nd rounders for a 5th rounder is a steal. Or on the flip side, you can let him walk and get nothing in return.

I believe those two second founders could help you win more now than a back up QB who will not play. Browns will not offer their first. It's a closed discussion unless Cincy calls and opens it back up.

Here's the deal, how is it you're the only one who knows this deal?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Here's the deal, how is it you're the only one who knows this deal?

Good call. 3 posts? I've been duped!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:51 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Good call. 3 posts? I've been duped!

I think it was when he said " the mods on this board know this post has validity" that kind of raised me eyebrows.

If it was SHRacerx and Weezy or Lap i might believe it lol
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point I'd trade Mac for a bag of Husman's BBQ. I'm ready to see the dude hit the field so we can see how wrong somebody was (maybe me).

Either way, I'm tired of speculation about trades and/or how great he will be. I'm ready to see it unfold.

Man I wish I had a bag of Husman's BBQ chips.
Reply/Quote
I would think 2nd & 3rd this year & 2nd next year would get it done.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 06:32 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It's not like he hasn't turned down block buster trade offers before cough cough Rickey Williams. We should have been working in a trade with them before they traded away the first pick today. It is frustrating how stubborn he is though. I would tell Cleveland to find a way to get us 2 2nd round picks today and you have a deal.

The Browns have a 2nd Round pick this year. 3 2nd Round picks next year. And 2 1st Round picks.

Holding out for a 1st isn't bad...as they traded their pick to a team to get a QB and got a bounty.
Reply/Quote

Nothing personal, but doesn't this seem suspicious in terms of know the details of the alleged offer? How does that ish get leaked? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote