Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals and Dalvin Cook
BTW just read an article about maybe us adding Dalvin Cook. Would love it if we did, I know he sometimes has off field problems but
the guy in my opinion is an upgrade over Mixon and could be a good addition to our weak RB room after Moss and Chase Brown.

Dalvin isn't on a team, so he is available from what the article said. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Cederick 2.0
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 02:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Cederick 2.0

You talking Cedric Benson? Because yeah, we could use that right about now. Mellow
Reply/Quote
He looked pretty spent last year with the Jets.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You talking Cedric Benson? Because yeah, we could use that right about now. Mellow

Hell, we could use Cedric Peerman right now.  

Last year was bad for Cook, and he may just be used up.  But given the current state of the RB room, it's worth a shot.  He had 1100+ yards rushing and 8 TD'S in '22.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BTW just read an article about maybe us adding Dalvin Cook. Would love it if we did, I know he sometimes has off field problems but
the guy in my opinion is an upgrade over Mixon and could be a good addition to our weak RB room after Moss and Chase Brown.

Dalvin isn't on a team, so he is available from what the article said. Thoughts?

also Brown is still very unproven, had flashes last year but also struggled
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 03:13 PM)jason Wrote: He looked pretty spent last year with the Jets.

His feet were like cinder blocks. I can’t believe how quickly he seemed to fall off.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: His feet were like cinder blocks. I can’t believe how quickly he seemed to fall off.

RBs age 28 season and onwards are a terrible bet, man. Age like bananas. Get a RB, use them up for 5 years, get a new RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind it. He dealt with a lot last year. Thought he was going to get to play with Rodgers on the Jets and ends up getting cut so he can go play for a contender and gets 8 carries for the Ravens in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wouldn't mind it. He dealt with a lot last year. Thought he was going to get to play with Rodgers on the Jets and ends up getting cut so he can go play for a contender and gets 8 carries for the Ravens in the playoffs.

Hell I forget he landed there.
Reply/Quote
Feels meh.

Another body in camp and if he looks like crap, cut him.

Needs to be a team friendly deal to make it to the table IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hell I forget he landed there.

Don't know what happened and why he didn't play in the AFC Championship where the Ravens lost and their RBs had only 6 carries total Gus Edwards with 3 and Dax's bro with 3.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: RBs age 28 season and onwards are a terrible bet, man. Age like bananas. Get a RB, use them up for 5 years, get a new RB.

Great Moss is 28 in 2025
Reply/Quote
I really believe out true #3 RB isn't on the roster unless they they're putting a ton of value into Williams in the KR rule transition and afraid to trust someone else in it.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/RB

Check out the link, we gave one of the worst RB3's and many RB4's would compete and if not unseat Williams. We are going to get one of these guys come cut-down day and it's easier to bring one off the street and have him be at the back of the rotation if needed after a few weeks.

Cook is an old vet and his camp will likely hope for the right injury to open the door for a team that wants a vet, but for cheap I'd take him now. More likely, they really need to have many options at KR because we can't keep more than 3 backs with all the other logjam we have. If Brown somehow struggles let's say with blocking, I don't want to settle for Williams getting PT if there is a better back out there. Lastly, injuries happen and if they cut Williams he may not get signed either. You need a solid #3.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wouldn't mind it. He dealt with a lot last year. Thought he was going to get to play with Rodgers on the Jets and ends up getting cut so he can go play for a contender and gets 8 carries for the Ravens in the playoffs.

Cook's YPC have went down every season since 2020.   He didnt do anything with the Jets last year or the 1 opportunity he had with the Ravens.  He turns 29 this August.  I dont think he has much left in the tank.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 05:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Great Moss is 28 in 2025

Never expected Moss to be a long-term answer. Always figured he was more of a 1-year (generic brand) bandaid to get us to next year's draft class of RBs. He has only $1.5m dead cap from his signing bonus if he is cut after this year. So potentially just a 1yr/~$4.5m deal.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 04:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: also Brown is still very unproven, had flashes last year but also struggled

Yea Brown did very little with those 320 carries he had last year...
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
I don't think there's a chance in hell that they sign a guy that age at that position.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 06:28 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: Yea Brown did very little with those 320 carries he had last year...

You don't need 320 carries in a year to make a judgement on a RB.

First off there have only been 3 players with seasons of 320+ carries in the entire NFL in the last 5 years. Secondly, that's a very "Bernard Scott should be our #1 RB" thought process.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2024, 05:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never expected Moss to be a long-term answer. Always figured he was more of a 1-year (generic brand) bandaid to get us to next year's draft class of RBs. He has only $1.5m dead cap from his signing bonus if he is cut after this year. So potentially just a 1yr/~$4.5m deal.

Moss also does not have the wear and tear Cook does. He becomes 28 in 2025. 
Reply/Quote